2020 Peach Bowl - #8 Cincinnati vs. #9 Georgia @ Atlanta - 11am ESPN

texifornia

Yep, coaching blew that at the end. 

And the Georgia celebration puts the lie to all the "didn't want to be there" bullshit. Those exact same players and coaches who were running around like maniacs after winning would have claimed they didn't want to be there if that kick missed. 

• Like 1

That was a full meltdown at the end.  No poise, difficulty staying onside, turnover, throwing and catching, special teams, everything just went to shit.  Hate to see a team that wanted to show everybody they were worthy lose a game they lead all the way up to the final 2 seconds.  But, they had their shot and they shat all over it. 

With all the technology, head sets, GAs, assistant to the regional managers, how do these idiots not talk to each other about what plays to run in these situations with their laminated play sheets?
How do they not sit on the clock? Its got to be part of the signaling right? And why not talk to each other and say we have to run on Cincy's last 3rd down?

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That 3rd and 2 play call/design was all time retard in that situation.  You just roll and flood like that with no misdirection and a clear direction to QB to just get the first with a safe throw or run you deserve to lose.

Amen. If you're not going to run between the tackles, then something like Steelers Roll Left seems like it would be a pretty fucking good call there. 

7 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Their center thought it prudent to target someone out of bounds after the play was over earlier.  Dumbshit helped with this.  His player was down in front of him before he decided to head hunt.  

Left tackle and it was a huge play. Probably lost the game. The replacement screwed up the entire second half. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, immamac said:

That last playcall on 3rd and 2 was so bad. Even if the receiver caught it, it was a shit ass playcall. 

Really expected CINCY to run on 3rd down, and if short maybe go for the WIN on 4th down -- at least try to draw Jawja off sides, then if they had to punt there would have been a lot less time left...

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?

Haha. Other than that they played a good game. Ridder isn't big time. Fickell might not be big time. Not sure he's worth a 25m buyout. I do think he will stick somewhere or maybe just set up shop at Cincy and roll the dice on the CFP expanding.

5 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Cincy should have ran the ball on that 3rd down instead of attempting a pass. Stupid 

That receiver was wide open. QB was late and tried to make sure he did not over throw. Clutch throw would have won the game. They were not going to run it it for a first down. I don't know how to feel. Fickell made a couple of ballsy calls that did not payoff. Reminds me of last year during CFP games when all the coaches commenting on what should be called were conservative and actual calls were ballsy. That is why those guys were in CFP and the conservative coaches were sitting there commenting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Haha. Other than that they played a good game. Ridder isn't big time. Fickell might not be big time. Not sure he's worth a 25m buyout. I do think he will stick somewhere or maybe just set up shop at Cincy and roll the dice on the CFP expanding.

He'll jump as soon as top 30 type power 5 program comes calling.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. He’s a good HC and will be fine. Just not someone I would want for us at this point

Just now, DanTheHorn said:

That receiver was wide open. QB was late and tried to make sure he did not over throw. Clutch throw would have won the game. They were not going to run it it for a first down. I don't know how to feel. Fickell made a couple of ballsy calls that did not payoff. Reminds me of last year during CFP games when all the coaches commenting on what should be called were conservative and actual calls were ballsy. That is why those guys were in CFP and the conservative coaches were sitting there commenting.

Fake hand off and roll out to the wide side with a run pass option might have been a better play

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Cincy didn’t deserve to win that game at all. Should put a damper on all the “Fickell is a great coach” talk. Utter implosion in the 2nd half.

I saw a few Ohio State games in 2011. This was reminiscent thereof. He's a good coach, but also a complete dumbshit. I honestly wish he could end up at A&M. I think the frustration he would cause them would be epically entertaining. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fickell might not be big time. Not sure he's worth a 25m buyout.

Not sure? Literally doing any of the following things would have won the game for Cincy:

1. Letting the play clock run down, instead of snapping it with 10+ seconds each time
  2. Calling a run on third down
  3. Not having multiple defenders fake an injury for no apparent reason
  4. Not playing prevent defense and allow UGA to pick up chunks of easy yards, when Cincy was doing well playing straight up

And the timeout before the punt didn't help either.  Having a timeout in their pocket would have given them a chance to ice the kicker, instead of letting him run out there, knowing Cincy couldn't call one.  This is literally the same kind of crap we hate Herman for, or even worse.

Edited by OU Sucks

4 minutes ago, BB65 said:

Fake hand off and roll out to the wide side with a run pass option might have been a better play

Yep. If you are going to call that at least go to the field side, so you have more options. But coaches love to run stuff like that to the short side because everyone expects it to be opposite. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It should also be said that Kirbys decision to punt with 3:30 left and two timeouts (after a blowing a TO to pin) should have cost him the game.  With competent coaching on the other side. 

This. It was 4th and 3 too. Pussy move. 

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Yep. If you are going to call that at least go to the field side, so you have more options. But coaches love to run stuff like that to the short side because everyone expects it to be opposite. 

I call that the Tom Herman School of playcalling

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

... and the DB who broke it up should get a ton of credit for coming off another receiver to make that play.

It wasn’t the play as much as poor Cincy execution and good UGA reaction to it.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It should also be said that Kirbys decision to punt with 3:30 left and two timeouts (after a blowing a TO to pin) should have cost him the game.  With competent coaching on the other side. 

Being out-coached by Kirby Smart should be a disqualifier for the Texas job.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

... and the DB who broke it up should get a ton of credit for coming off another receiver to make that play.

It wasn’t the play as much as poor Cincy execution and good UGA reaction to it.

It was a terrible play. A first down run ices it. Even not getting a first down virtually ices it, with the amount of time that would run off the clock. An infinite number of things can go wrong with a pass.  If there was 3+ minutes left, it would have been an acceptable call, but with a little over a minute left, you just bleed the clock away.

Edited by OU Sucks