Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

20 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

People who try to compare the sports world to a regular office job are the fucking worst. No, they are not even close to the same. Sports is a spectator sport. People in the stands are watching and will voice their displeasure, especially above the high school level. Boo fucking hoo. You are paid millions and did not live up to the hype of being the #1 pick. Yes, you did get Cleveland the first playoff win in forever. Although if I recall, that had very little to do with Baker himself. And after that season, he went back to being the usual Baker we know and they fell flat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

All those garbage commercials and this guy is already about to pull a manziel.  Just keep your mouth shut, work hard and let your agent do his job..you bozo. 

No shit. Having said that, the Browns (while tired of Baker) may have really messed up with the Watson contract. It was clear to most casual football watchers that Baker was injured all of last year. He's an opinionated shithead and never should have been the number one overall pick but the Browns are the Browns. In the end, Mayfield always comes across as giving an exit interview when being laid off from/fired from a job. Shut the fuck up. I bet its a lot of fun being his agent. He has too many grievances. Just shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Is that statue real?

Yes... Dedication this Saturday

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/sports/college/sooners/2022/04/21/ou-football-spring-game-2022-baker-mayfield-statue-how-watch-tv-radio/7400611001/

Baker Mayfield statue ceremony

A statue honoring 2017 Heisman Trophy winner Baker Mayfield will be dedicated at halftime. 

While the statue will be across the street from the stadium at Heisman Park, the dedication ceremony will take place on the field with the statue unveiling being shown on the video boards. 

Mayfield is expected to address the crowd at halftime.

After the game, organized photo opportunities at the statue will be available to fans.

A free live stream of the statue dedication will be available on Twitter (@OU_Football) and on Facebook Live (@OklahomaFootball).

On 4/17/2022 at 8:32 AM, Bigbend1812 said:

Not a Cowboy fan I take. 

I am and I don't hate Dak at all.

Jerrah and Stephen overpaid Dak, but that's not on Prescott.

Baker Mayfield is infinitely more hateable.

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa!!!    New Baker statue at blOU

11049415.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

Should have a statue of Baker getting tackled by cops -- "I'm Done!!"  😋

Are we surprised that the same drunk in this video is trying to play the victim to get traded? The statue should be the cop tackling this idiot. There is a reason no team has reached out. He's a negative commodity. He will do more harm than good. The Browns now have a domestic abuser (Kareem Hunt) and sexual assaulter (Watson) on their team. Yet Baker is the person that still can't come out as the good guy. It says a lot to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

He would have won more games for y’all. You know this.

He didn't want to.  He fucking quit.

and then more than Patrick fucking Mahomes?   LolfuckingL. Baker is not a better QB than PMIII, whether you are from Norman, Lake Travis, or the Hypeman Committee.

Edited by slorch

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

In college baker was better. And I am a big PM fan these days.

No he wasn't, and he knew  accepted it.

Edited by slorch

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

49 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the audio before, that is so good. 

Me either, is he crying there at the end, right after the cop says "that was stupid"? What a bitch. 

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

No he wasn't, and he knew  accepted it.

Completely agree. PM was the best QB in the B12 in that stretch, by a long shot. You put PM on OU or UT and he’s winning hardware. He was a better QB then, and is light years better now. 

Are we surprised that the same drunk in this video is trying to play the victim to get traded? The statue should be the cop tackling this idiot. There is a reason no team has reached out. He's a negative commodity. He will do more harm than good. The Browns now have a domestic abuser (Kareem Hunt) and sexual assaulter (Watson) on their team. Yet Baker is the person that still can't come out as the good guy. It says a lot to me. 

Baker has made his bed with his whining and shitty behavior, but I don’t think it’s the primary reason he hasn’t been traded. I think that the league is pissed at the Browns and their ridiculous contract the Haslams gave pervert Watson. Baker’s guaranteed $18m and the other owners are looking to stick the Browns with that unexpected hit to their cap.

BM did himself in with all his self promotion.  Much like Johnny Football.  It started in high school for both of them.  Neither one could live up to the hype and the price of hubris was paid.  People probably would have forgiven either of them a bad year or two but we were all tired of their shit by the time they even took the field in Cleveland.  Just products of sensationalistic journalism.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

BM did himself in with all his self promotion.  Much like Johnny Football.  It started in high school for both of them.  Neither one could live up to the hype and the price of hubris was paid.  People probably would have forgiven either of them a bad year or two but we were all tired of their shit by the time they even took the field in Cleveland.  Just products of sensationalistic journalism.

Bingo. BM and his family were clearly more concerned about creating a brand than anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Why is Oklahoma unveiling a statue of Mark McGrath?

It's not cocky if you can back it up...

Or fall over.

Edited by slorch