Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Maybe it’s just that I notice it more with A&M but it seems that they do have an knack for identifying useful idiots and getting them to parrot what ever grievance A&M is currently wallowing in. Is it a case of they are the equivalent of the CFB FSB in that they are so good at producing bullshit that they can inject it into common discourse even though they fall victim to their own propaganda. Or is it simply that they are insecure enough that they compulsively seek out anyone who will give them a sympathetic take and shower them with appreciation, where as less insecure programs wouldn’t waste the effort.

Did you just move to Texas?  

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Whatever it takes. That said, you realize that we’ve got the best OL that money could buy, right? Baker will be another addition to what I hope becomes a tradition if they land him. We should never have subpar OL talent ever again in our lifetimes. 

I'm not willing to say the best money can buy yet, they need to prove that on the field. Having said that, the offensive line is the least of my concerns in regards to this rebuild. We are in a great position there for the next 3 years for sure.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

In the new NIL environment, Texas fans need to stop whining about other schools spending money.  Just looks stupid. 

So, is asking a question whining now? You do know Georgia has like 5 tackles committed already, some might find that odd and begin to question it.

29 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm not willing to say the best money can buy yet, they need to prove that on the field. Having said that, the offensive line is the least of my concerns in regards to this rebuild. We are in a great position there for the next 3 years for sure.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

So, is asking a question whining now? You do know Georgia has like 5 tackles committed already, some might find that odd and begin to question it.

I wouldn’t call either post “whining”. I’d just say stop being a pussy and embrace where we’re headed. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Relax Mary Sue, it wasn’t just to you, it is a very common complaint on all fan boards, and it’s tiresome.   

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Whatever it takes. That said, you realize that we’ve got the best OL that money could buy, right? Baker will be another addition to what I hope becomes a tradition if they land him. We should never have subpar OL talent ever again in our lifetimes. 

78166A94-AD15-4105-99B6-8A90C215FDB0.jpeg

23 hours ago, satyanash said:

July 12th

Melvin Hills Jr, DL, Lafayette (La.) Lafayette Christian Academy - Ole Miss is doing their best to push Texas ahead of Hills’ scheduled July 12 announcement. Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis has been in communication with the 6-foot-4, 270-pounder multiple times this week.

Anybody know what this looks like? 

Reading this, I realized that I still imagine communications being by telephone call. So, at first, I wondered what calling a recruit several times in a single week would be like. "How have you been the last four hours? Heard back from the girlfriend? Still like Texas? Great! Talk to you this evening. Hook 'Em and goodbye!"

Would it be correct to think that many of these "multiple" contacts are text messages? Does a tweet count? How about a mention on other platforms?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

I'm gonna lmao if this motherfucker drops a post stating July is just starting.

Fuck if I know anything about web traffic analytics, but yesterday was quarter close. I think the $9.95ers were teasing bullshit all day to get those click numbers up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Anybody know what this looks like? 

Reading this, I realized that I still imagine communications being by telephone call. So, at first, I wondered what calling a recruit several times in a single week would be like. "How have you been the last four hours? Heard back from the girlfriend? Still like Texas? Great! Talk to you this evening. Hook 'Em and goodbye!"

Would it be correct to think that many of these "multiple" contacts are text messages? Does a tweet count? How about a mention on other platforms?

they're pen pals

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am not talking about the Aggies themselves, I am talking about why a random Michigan State person is repeating a bunch of Aggie cope points about how Texas destroyed the SWC.

Look at the relationship between Michigan and MSU, and it’ll all make sense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

When was the last time Texas brought back all 5 OL starters and they weren't shit?

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls