Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

The early views regarding the 2024 had Dubose as a top 100-150 player in the nation. Hell, they may have been higher. Then he tore his ACL and kind of got forgotten. If he has a big senior season, he'll likely make a jump in the rankings, which will be delicious when opponents start whining. 
I think he was a smart take in that they've got his allegiance for continuing to recruit him during his injury. He's going to be a low effort signing that could play at a high level in college.

Also is a great kid and very hard worker so from a teammate standpoint will be a plus in the locker room.
  • Hook 'Em 5

you guys may have him confused with Parker Livingstone....He is the real "bring a lunch pail to work" guy.

I was just going off what I have seen of him since he moved to Smithson Valley. He easily could have mailed it in after getting hurt the first game but was the complete opposite.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The other team isn't going to know what hit them when their receivers hand the ball off to Black and he houses it.

I kept waiting for Black to fly in and light up the ball carrier. 👀

Never happened.

I know think that he was the ball carrier. (Writing “cornerback” usually suggests a defensive player.)

54 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

you guys may have him confused with Parker Livingstone....He is the real "bring a lunch pail to work" guy.

I was scouring the responses to see if he was a lunch pail guy. 

Apparently he’s not, but we already have one in the fold. 😅

5 hours ago, gurt said:

IDK, that play at 1:39 where he ran down field 60 yards doesn't give off 'I don't like football' vibes to me 

Yeah, anytime you see a high school DL run down field like that it is a massive positive. I suppose he could be a guy that likes playing but not the rest of it. By all accounts, he's an intelligent guy and many of those types hate HS practices because you have to keep going over the same things until the dumbest kid finally gets it. With a good environment and coaching, I have no concerns.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

The other team isn't going to know what hit them when their receivers hand the ball off to Black and he houses it.

I kept waiting for Black to fly in and light up the ball carrier. 👀

Never happened.

I know think that he was the ball carrier. (Writing “cornerback” usually suggests a defensive player.)

54 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I was scouring the responses to see if he was a lunch pail guy. 

Apparently he’s not, but we already have one in the fold. 😅

27 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Why did On3 drop him almost a hundred spots in the middle of the offseason, again? 

Because he committed to Texas and we can't develop anyone. The logic is sound and the math checks out that 100 players immediately became better than him.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Can you please not quote the trolling dipshit that at least 50% of the board has on ignore? Quoting his dumb ass further encourages his idiocy and reminds the rest of us of his existence.

Nobody should give a shit who other people have on ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 8

9 hours ago, TXRed said:

Why did On3 drop him almost a hundred spots in the middle of the offseason, again? 

8 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Because he committed to Texas and we can't develop anyone. The logic is sound and the math checks out that 100 players immediately became better than him.

In all seriousness…yes. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls