Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

LB isn’t really at the top of our list of needs at the moment, but given the state of that room for the Ags…holy shit would that be a satisfying flip. 

That would be an apocalyptic meltdown if he actually flipped. I think Jimbo would give himself a hernia running bags to his door before he let that happen.  

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I agree, moreover Gerry is very careful about protecting his access via high school football coaches.  If he's being a little antagonistic then it's because there's not a Reginald Samples type threatening to ban him from the campus for the barest of slights. 

What’s the story behind that lol

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per Gerry (IT):  4 star safety out of Judson (A&M commit) Myles Davis has scheduled a visit to Texas for the Texas Tech game.  Lots of time still left in this recruitment.

https://247sports.com/player/myles-davis-46136111/

Wonder if he will bring his “coach”’ who just happened to be out of town on vacation during his visit over the summer 

59 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per Gerry (IT):  4 star safety out of Judson (A&M commit) Myles Davis has scheduled a visit to Texas for the Texas Tech game.  Lots of time still left in this recruitment.

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

He's got a CB by Fong to the good guys, back in June right before he committed to A&M in July.

6 hours ago, BornOrange said:

Do those highlights show Lair in pass coverage? I know that was a concern this summer.

It shows him in coverage. He looks good, but they're highlights of course.  It's only a 3 minute long video if you want to check it out.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/18929788/639299b72347be09e086f043

Build wise, Lair looks more like a corner. If you contrast that with Myles Davis, Davis look very large in comparison. 

18 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Per Gerry, Solomon Williams will be taking an official visit this weekend. 

Interesting. I remember something upthread about the staff trying to potentially make this a UV and doing the OV on a different weekend that worked better for his mom to come.

But I could be totally garbling that.

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Interesting. I remember something upthread about the staff trying to potentially make this a UV and doing the OV on a different weekend that worked better for his mom to come.

But I could be totally garbling that.

No, you’re correct. It was either this weekend or  September 30th, depending on his mom’s schedule. 

6 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

spacer.png

Ketch's mom and aunties...he never had a chance

49 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We need to put 60 on Wyoming this weekend. All ass. All day. Just running trains.  

Speaking of ass, if a prostate massage is your thing, I think that you are looking at:

, ,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
8 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

If his mother isn't coming it won't matter. She has been to one visit (OU) and let him visit other schools. She needs to be there if we are going to gain traction.

Is Solomon Williams even considering OU?

7 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
8 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

If his mother isn't coming it won't matter. She has been to one visit (OU) and let him visit other schools. She needs to be there if we are going to gain traction.

Are you thinking of Danny Okoye?  The guy from Oklahoma?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls