Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Told my wife when she saw it in on my truck and said, I wanna win and this is part of it. She married into this shit. a28900dbc971992e22a49765f3f0f77a.jpg

Username checks out.

It's going to be glorious to see Aggie's agony as they grapple with the whole "payout/we're fucked if we do, fucked if we don't/what's the ROI on firing Jimbo vs. how much it will cost to get another coach vs. how much will we lose if our program completely implodes?"  matrix.

Regarding McKinley, he needs to come to a school where he's going to be going against NFL-caliber linemen in practice each day, not that giant jar of monkey shit that A&M calls its offensive linemen. 

giphy.gif
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:07 AM, bad_teammate said:

The car decal actually doesn't look bad. I put it on my wife's car without asking her and when she finally realized it was there she didn't even complain that much.

I love the way mine looks. I have it on the opposite side of my metallic longhorn. I'm sure not many people know what "Texas One" is but I still think it's cool

Even for 247 Sports, this article is quite something.  

Speech to text gone awry?

Ghostwritten by Mrs. Malaprop?

We may never know ... but this, we do.  Allen Trieu's article brings it.

And by it, we mean the lulz.  

Please do not take "incident off fence" to it. Or dip in for two of anything.

The impact: Texas lands five-star Ryan Wingo after many twists

Allen Trieu (Horns 247)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae67eb8c7653426989112fcf5d25a126.png

image.thumb.png.91087cdce4812a94a5e0be140dbac70c.png

image.thumb.png.4419cc09b76428fc2d5a1c3935b7370d.png

image.thumb.png.92d4a1c0fb5238e09b76c83a1fc1970c.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Allen Trieu (Horns 247)

Hide contents

Torbush.

I'm a professional writer and that feels like a physical assault. Is dude an intern or something? That is the written equivalent of boom goes the dynamite.

53 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Torbush.

I'm a professional writer and that feels like a physical assault. Is dude an intern or something? That is the written equivalent of boom goes the dynamite.

I don't know how this process works, but is there no proofreading or QA involved? Even just a quick glance should catch all of those. 

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't know how this process works, but is there no proofreading or QA involved? Even just a quick glance should catch all of those. 

95% of these ‘reports’ are written on their phone while they sit in their car at a red light. There are no editors or proofreading involved.  These guys have quotas on how much content they have to produce daily/weekly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

95% of these ‘reports’ are written on their phone while they sit in their car at a red light. There are no editors or proofreading involved.  These guys have quotas on how much content they have to produce daily/weekly. 

Then it would behoove them to spend a couple of minutes proofreading their "work", so that they don't humiliate themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

IDGAF if he's blindfolded in the trunk of the car.  For someone who has ostensibly passed the GSP Exam and has a degree in Comm/Broadcasting, that's fucking terrible.  Those aren't typos, but gibberish.

image.png.771d71ad491c2b1d6aed233b7cdfcbb3.png

That's no excuse for hitting send as soon as the fingers stop typing. It only takes a couple seconds to read what you just typed and at least correct the stuff that stands out.

55 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That's no excuse for hitting send as soon as the fingers stop typing. It only takes a couple seconds to read what you just typed and at least correct the stuff that stands out.

But the traffic light just turned green.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That's assuming something would stand out to these guys.

12 hours ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Listen motherfucker, seconds add up and you’ll never get them back. 

• Haha 2

On 10/28/2023 at 9:19 AM, Getafix said:

Allen Trieu (Horns 247)

Hide contents

I can understand what is the guy wrote perfectly. Don't know what y'all is problem it is

Edited by cashman
  • Haha 2