Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, You're going there to get horrible food for $10, or horrible fucking steaks, for $30. Guess what, I'm not going to get 5 star food at Chipotle either, but I'll walk out of there for under $10, and for about the same quality of food. And lets not pretend your average chain restaurant is clean:
https://media.click2houston.com/document_dev/2017/08/03/Tomball Parkway Saltgrass RRC_1501802938072_10234825_ver1.0.pdf

Plus I won't have given any money to Tillman Fertita. Yeah, motherfucker, Chipotle 10 out of 10 times for me. 

In one of my drunken stupors, I one time managed to order a steak at ihop. Not even a numb face could disguise the atrocity on that plate. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, You're going there to get horrible food for $10, or horrible fucking steaks, for $30. Guess what, I'm not going to get 5 star food at Chipotle either, but I'll walk out of there for under $10, and for about the same quality of food. And lets not pretend your average chain restaurant is clean:
https://media.click2houston.com/document_dev/2017/08/03/Tomball Parkway Saltgrass RRC_1501802938072_10234825_ver1.0.pdf

Plus I won't have given any money to Tillman Fertita. Yeah, motherfucker, Chipotle 10 out of 10 times for me. 

Have you been to Chipotle lately? Ain’t no way you’re getting out of there for less than $10

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

he's been committed to Alabama for like 14 months and change. if he wanted to re-class and enroll at Bama it would have been the easiest thing ever and he could have done it and then dropped straight into bowl practices.

...but he didn't. which is a glimmer of hope that didn't exist before he announced his OV locations.

I don't think he reclassified such that he is a 2024 early enrollee.  He's likely a summer enrollee, no?

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

he's been committed to Alabama for like 14 months and change. if he wanted to re-class and enroll at Bama it would have been the easiest thing ever and he could have done it and then dropped straight into bowl practices.

...but he didn't. which is a glimmer of hope that didn't exist before he announced his OV locations.

I'll snort all sorts of hopium. It seems crazy he's visited 10+ times, reclassified, and hasn't signed anything to join bowl practices. I haven't seen many reports from the texas writers about his interest in Texas either. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

5 minutes ago, Noozak said:

I'll snort all sorts of hopium. It seems crazy he's visited 10+ times, reclassified, and hasn't signed anything to join bowl practices. I haven't seen many reports from the texas writers about his interest in Texas either. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing anything here.

He was a 25 player. He’s graduating one year early, so may 24. He is not graduating 18 months early to be done in time to do the bowl stuff this month. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby

Xavier Filsaime still expected to visit.

Tyanthony Smith visit still possible even though public comments say otherwise. Apparently a lot of influences around Jasper are trying to make the A&M commit stick(my phrasing).

A mystery HS recruit is expected to be on campus this weekend for an OV(Not Daelyn Evans)

Blake Gideon met with Aeryn Hampton at Chipotle in Longview, Daelyn Evans was there enjoying possibly a burrito as well. 

The mystery HS recruit is obviously Ryan Williams

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Begging for DeBoer to win this. Our team has a serious "and I took that personally" streak to them, no matter how ridiculously small the slight. 

The VY motivation technique for big games has been known to work.

1 minute ago, Cooterhorn said:

But not announced until January 10

IMG_1806.thumb.png.b0eede04cf72401fef8317df5c4d4820.png

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Jesus Christ. Why do you fuckers suck so badly at food? Now tell us all how awesome Applebees is. 

Some of them are poor. When you understand that, it makes more sense. 

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

rare that you can read an entire page of a thread and not even know what board you're on.  well done.

YARN | It happens to me all the time. | Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade  (1989) | Video clips by quotes | 84e6a2c7 | 紗

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

Should probably take this to the 2024 thread but it's full of people bitching about chain restaurants at the moment. 

It seemed like he was scheduled for an official, then the official got canceled or rescheduled, and there was speculation that it was because A&M threw a shitfit when they found out he was visiting. Or maybe paid him not to visit. Or some other shenanigans. I can't remember and I can't be bothered to go through the 2024 thread again. But if he wants to visit and he wants to avoid catching flack from the Aggies, secret visit seems like the way to go. 

I definitely think one of the insiders got too far over the skis, reported it too early, and now Smith is doing everything he can to throw water on that fire. Agree that a secret visit would absolutely be the way to go.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Idk how any of y'all are stanning for chains. Most of my favorite restaurant experiences were being a regular at local shitholes with good food like The Marimont or Los Tres Bobos. In my experience, Bobos' bartender calls a cab. Chili's calls the fuzz.

You probably like El Patio…

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

I definitely think one of the insiders got too far over the skis, reported it too early, and now Smith is doing everything he can to throw water on that fire. Agree that a secret visit would absolutely be the way to go.

I believe it was Aggie insiders that posted it first.  One of them basically conceded that he had flipped already.  Looks like their strategy to stir shit up works.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I personally think that Sweat will go in the first half of the 1st round. He will be one of the first 16 draft picks in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The guy is is 6’4” 362 lbs (give or take), bounces around like a cat at times and is about as high of a character eval as you could possibly want. 

It isn’t like he is a kicker/ punter or a fullback. He is a vital cog in every defense’s play. 

QBs, EDGEs, LTs, and maybe the special WR/CB are going to go ahead of a top DT, usually, but Sweat can come in and start Day 1. He can’t play every snap, but DTs rarely do anymore. 

I have no clue why most mock drafts don’t have him as a Day 1 pick at the moment. 

My hill 👆

FWIW - Sweat admitted that the feedback he received last year was he was ‘too much of a party animal’. Even if it’s no longer an issue - it was a year ago.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Sweat admitted that the feedback he received last year was he was ‘too much of a party animal’. Even if it’s no longer an issue - it was a year ago.  

And he was the trigger for Davis’ bus rant… but that was 2.5 years ago.

As of today, his character seems like a plus. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Lulz. Probably trying to generate a narrative of aggy recruiting win over Texas and LSU. Desperate for attention.

They've got a plan for momentum. First, you get just the right look for your front man. Neat. Dignified. Charismatic.

image.png.b7052039bfa94c83b5f0354b9a58de2f.png

Guy's a fucking media magnet radiating electricity and winning hearts and minds. Check!

Then you have a keen strategy for creating momentum. This can be done by the pathetic plan to announce the names of Aggie players planning to stay. 

image.png.5945985f8676dfb33ad02452a700c37d.png

image.png.c9ed37f175e8e9f289b9928fdd2931d4.png

They're not silly. They're announcements to the world that it's news when a player decides not to hit the portal instead of the other way around. The momentum (whatever these idiots think momentum is) builds from keeping enough guys to field a team in the bowl game. That kind of momentum leads to momentum which is very good for momentum. Check!

Now you get to count it a momentum propelling event when you win the recruiting battle for players already on your team. It's infectious momentum. Infection will spread far and wide.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1