Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Sark seems to have a soft spot for doughy, underrated QBs.
Seems like he and Milwee have good evals at least. Makes me feel better about Lacey...don't think they did that just to have a chance at his 5* favorite target either.

Oh, btw...Williams just decommited from Bama, any word on how hard we're trying to get back in?

Just now, ousux said:

Seems like he and Milwee have good evals at least. Makes me feel better about Lacey...don't think they did that just to have a chance at his 5* favorite target either.

Oh, btw...Williams just decommited from Bama, any word on how hard we're trying to get back in?

He is coming in with KJLacey in two weeks even prior to the news. We were never out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I think Auburn had the lead already so this just makes them the clear favorite. But hey Texas should continue to hang around and see what happens especially given the history of the the Auburn coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, ousux said:

um, rock hard?

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

RW: So coach.. who will be my QB? 

The Elk: Weigman

RW: OK, but who will be my QB after game 2? Also, where is Evan Stewart? I thought he would be here.

The Elk: Don’t worry, we have raided the MAC, Sunbelt, and FCS for the best players imaginable. We are just one piece away. 

RW: Well at least Holman Wiggins is there..

The Elk: Yeah, I am going to take you both personally by Sully during the grand tour. You got a penny?

• Haha 2

Williams visiting aggy is clearly a set up. After all, with the amazing work he's done in the portal and rebuilding the roster, Elko is the prime candidate for Bama with Wiggins going with him. Ever the aggy though, Elko is set to hurt Texas on the way out by grabbing Gideon as his DC.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No way in fuck anything about aggy should convince this kid to commit if he dies I’ll just assume he’s on the spectrum or full blown retarded. 

If he goes aggy we don’t have to worry about him hurting us in the near future like we would if he’s at Bama or Auburn. Look at Stewart and Demas.

• Hook 'Em 1

hahah at Williams comment 

"After Coach [Holmon] Wiggins leaving, it was already hard, because it's my position coach," Williams said. "But you can always find another position coach. "

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/39282073/ryan-williams-no-9-overall-recruit-decommits-alabama

Is he thought to be a first year starter or someone who needs a couple years of conditioning/training, since he graduated HS early?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

hahah at Williams comment 

"After Coach [Holmon] Wiggins leaving, it was already hard, because it's my position coach," Williams said. "But you can always find another position coach. "

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/39282073/ryan-williams-no-9-overall-recruit-decommits-alabama

Is he thought to be a first year starter or someone who needs a couple years of conditioning/training, since he graduated HS early?

Some consider him the best wr prospect since Julio Jones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

25 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Aggy might do something dramatic\super expensive to get a recruiting win with Williams. 

I think it's between us and Auburn, with Auburn being the team he grew up liking.

He's just going to A&M out of respect for Holmon (lol despite comments above) and getting a small bag for the visit.

Just IMO based on reading forums.

Edited by ATXbronco

54 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I think it's between us and Auburn, with Auburn being the team he grew up liking.

He's just going to A&M out of respect for Holmon (lol despite comments above) and getting a small bag for the visit.

Just IMO based on reading forums.

His dad played at Auburn, and his family is full of Auburn fans. He's also closer to Auburn location wise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, pacman said:

Has any player who reclassified made an impact in their first year? Overton didn't really light it up at aggy and Ewers redshirted.

1) Impact on their team?

NO, not in football.

2) Impact on their family’s finances?

OH, HELL YEAH!

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

It doesn't matter because the portal opens back up when the coach leaves.

Gotcha for the full roster?     It makes much more sense that it opens up for everyone for 30 days with a coaching change.

1 minute ago, deech said:

Gotcha for the full roster?     It makes much more sense that it opens up for everyone for 30 days with a coaching change.

Yes. And the school will typically let any recruits out of their NLI due to a coaching change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deech said:

Yes every player for Bama has the opportunity to enter the portal for the next 30 days. Now what he did do was wait until most schools have already registered for classes, so it would be a little harder for Bama players to leave, find a school, and enroll in classes in less than a few weeks.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

When is the first day of classes?  Does UT still have the 2 week add/drop period?

I remember add drops at the drum, walking around that concourse with a class book.  Had to walk to the arean floor to check out and pay up 

• Hook 'Em 5