Joint Session of Congress to Count Electoral Votes and Declare Election Results: 1/6/21

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Evidence?

They are loyalists through and through.   Pompeo, Mnuchin, Carson, DeVos, Chad Wolf - they aren't going to remove him.  Wilbur Ross doesn't know where he is 85% of the time (and he's asleep the other 15% of the time), so he'll do what he's told.  Scalia's son isn't going to remove the fat ass traitor either. 

Elaine Chao might, because of Mitch.  

Pompeo is walking the fine line between stepping in and grabbing it all, and trying to do it via a future election. He's hoping we don't notice all his pals from West Point he's put in place to help him out.

He's fucking fourth in line. Behind the other MIke, Nancy, and (is it still?) Grassley.

Hawley thinks he's got this, but Pompeo has more agency connections.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Pompeo is walking the fine line between stepping in and grabbing it all, and trying to do it via a future election. He's hoping we don't notice all his pals from West Point he's put in place to help him out.

He's fucking fourth in line. Behind the other MIke, Nancy, and (is it still?) Grassley.

Hawley thinks he's got this, but Pompeo has more agency connections.

Yes, Grassley is still Pro Tempore until Warnock/Ossoff are sworn in and VP Harris is sworn in. then its Leahy. 

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

For all I know, Pompeo could be a patriot (in the true sense of the word) but his actions have never given me confidence in that regard.

Nope, that man jacks off to the Handmaid's tale. Honestly, this is why I worry. Guys like Pompeo, Cotton and Hawley have been pretty radical for years and we hear nothing about them. Yet, we know what AOC ate today. The messaging needed to pick up on these guys or they WILL BE PRESIDENT IN 2024. 

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

For all I know, Pompeo could be a patriot (in the true sense of the word) but his actions have never given me confidence in that regard.

He's not.  At all.

None of them are.

Patriots don't work for a wannabe dictator

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Worst president in US history.

And second place isn't even close.

Fuck off, Drumpf.

Based on his record from his inauguration to this past Election Day, he’s the worst and most destructive by far, probably even if you include Jefferson Davis.

Based just on his record from Election Day through 1/5, he’s also the worst, even if he had actually been great otherwise.

Based on his record just starting yesterday at lunch time, he’s still easily the worst, even if he was otherwise great.

He’s speeding up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

Based on his record from his inauguration to this past Election Day, he’s the worst and most destructive by far, probably even if you include Jefferson Davis.

Based just on his record from Election Day through 1/5, he’s also the worst, even if he had actually been great otherwise.

Based on his record just starting yesterday at lunch time, he’s still easily the worst, even if he was otherwise great.

He’s speeding up.

Poor James Buchanan gets a lot of shit for basically standing back and doing nothing in the face of a secession crisis.

Buchanan assumed leadership ... when an unprecedented wave of angry passion was sweeping over the nation. That he held the hostile sections in check during these revolutionary times was in itself a remarkable achievement. His weaknesses in the stormy years of his presidency were magnified by enraged partisans of the North and South.

But shit, at least he tried to hold the hostile sections in check.  Trump actively antagonized them for 4 years. 

The ghost of James Buchanan is thankful for Donald J. Trump every damn day.  Now he's only the 2nd worst.

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

The Texas Delegation of Seditionists, ladies and gentlemen:

Ted Cruz, Jodey Arrington, Brian Babin, Michael Burgess, John Carter, Michael Cloud, Pat Fallon, Louie Gohmert, Lance Gooden, Ronny Jackson, Troy Nehls, August Pfluger, Pete Sessions, Beth Van Duyne, Randy Weber, Roger Williams, Ron Wright

Fuck you all

God damnit, we were so fucking close. 4500 votes from keeping this bitch out of Congress. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

The Texas Delegation of Seditionists, ladies and gentlemen:

Ted Cruz, Jodey Arrington, Brian Babin, Michael Burgess, John Carter, Michael Cloud, Pat Fallon, Louie Gohmert, Lance Gooden, Ronny Jackson, Troy Nehls, August Pfluger, Pete Sessions, Beth Van Duyne, Randy Weber, Roger Williams, Ron Wright

Fuck you all

war film GIF

A few “S” for seditionist souvenirs may be in order.

• Hook 'Em 1

It is beyond insane that they're just going home. Even if you don't have the Republican votes in the Senate to remove, impeach the motherfucker again and put it on them to explain why they're ok with leaving the nuclear arsenal in the hands of a lunatic who just ordered an armed mob to attack Congress.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

It is beyond insane that they're just going home. Even if you don't have the Republican votes in the Senate to remove, impeach the motherfucker again and put it on them to explain why they're ok with leaving the nuclear arsenal in the hands of a lunatic who just ordered an armed mob to attack Congress.

Clearly they are all traumatized and we should worry about their mental health.

I Had To Go On Xanax GIF - Fuckyou Screwyou Middlefinger - Discover & Share  GIFs

Hopefully they get no comfort at home from the people. 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Clearly they are all traumatized and we should worry about their mental health.

I Had To Go On Xanax GIF - Fuckyou Screwyou Middlefinger - Discover & Share  GIFs

Hopefully they get no comfort at home from the people. 

that chick yelling looks like adult film star Kendall Brooks.  Is that her?  Asking for a friend who watches that kinda smut.  

One feeling I have is that yesterday severed the link between "super serious politicians" and fucking Trump nutcases.  The ones who tried to walk the tightrope like Cruz and Hawley fell flat on their faces.

If a politician emerges in the image of Trump for 2024, I think it will be one of the lunatics from the House.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Senate aides with the electoral ballots:

(how you doin'?)

ballot-boxes-2000.jpg

Okay between this photo and yesterday's insurrection...somebody explain to me how we are not living in a Margaret Atwood novel?

And you Trumpers, since you don't recognize the name of any author other than Joel Osteen, just know my reference is not a compliment.  

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Of all the guys to pick a fight with in the House - of all the fucking spazzes and geeks and cosplay faux alpha weasels - this dumb motherfucker wanted to start some shit with former NFL LB Colin Allred.

Fuck around and find out.  Please.  

• Haha 2

I'm going to be fucking disgusted if articles of impeachment aren't filed.  

I would strongly prefer that they're based on Trump's phone call to Georgia, with its intimidation, veiled threats, and encouragement of voter fraud.  I don't want some vague bullshit about being "unfit."  I want it attached to criminal behavior.

I want this to happen because 1) it is just and correct, 2) the dirty piece of shit deserves it.  But 3)  I think it is hugely beneficial to the future of the country to force every Republican to go ON THE RECORD and say if they're still a Trumpkin or not.  How their party sorts our those differences afterwards is their problem, not ours.  

They made up this bed of racism, lawlessness, and absurd conspiracy theories, so they can all go fucking snuggle in it and sort their shit out.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

I would strongly prefer that they're based on Trump's phone call to Georgia, with its intimidation, veiled threats, and encouragement of voter fraud.  I don't want some vague bullshit about being "unfit."  I want it attached to criminal behavior.

I want this to happen because 1) it is just and correct, 2) the dirty piece of shit deserves it.  But 3)  I think it is hugely beneficial to the future of the country to force every Republican to go ON THE RECORD and say if they're still a Trumpkin or not.  How their party sorts our those differences afterwards is their problem, not ours.  

They made up this bed of racism, lawlessness, and absurd conspiracy theories, so they can all go fucking snuggle in it and sort their shit out.  

Impeachment article 1:  attempting to undermine state elections in multiple states

Impeachment article 2: intimidating and threatening a state official and conspiracy to commit voter fraud

Impeachment article 3: inciting a coup attempt against the United States Congress

impeachment article 4: being a fat fucking retard, but this time, an openly treasonous piece of shit 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Any person, whether it be Senator, Representative, President, or Fox News that touts election integrity is actively undermining democracy, telling people this was a rigged election, and encouraging people to do something to stop the steal. 

There is zero evidence. Period. Full Stop.

The actions taken during a airborne pandemic by blue and red states to allow people to vote by mail were legal and upheld by state courts and federal courts. There is zero evidence any person voted that wasn't allowed to vote. The continuance to suggest otherwise is wrong, not only is it wrong, it endangers the fabric of our democracy, and it directly led to the insurrection at the capital. 

The fact that the President, Cruz, Hawley, Mo Brooks, Fox News, OANN, Newsmax continue to talk about election integrity as a legitimate issues is seditious and should be treated as such. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Sadly, I think there will be no meaningful action taken between now and the 20th, which is of course the immediate concern, which is what we always seem to be dealing with, this putting out of fires while Trump & co  have already moved on to the next lowest level of hell.

We seemed to be surprised at each turn:

No way he gets the nomination

No way he wins the election

No way he escapes Russia probe, impeachment  etc.

No way these yahoos are going to storm the capital

No way he makes it to the 20th

What else happens between now an the 20th and beyond?

22 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Where are those stupid fucks @Rimbo @Anastasis and @Wulaw Horn to laugh at our silly overreactions? 

All that bullshit, and I was right.

I said they'd try something, and fail miserably. 

All the election machinery is over and Biden is our new president, along with a Democratic majority Congress AND Senate. The FBI is hunting down the perps, Trump's attorneys are being disbarred and countersued, and the NY AG STILL has January 21st circled.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

One feeling I have is that yesterday severed the link between "super serious politicians" and fucking Trump nutcases.  The ones who tried to walk the tightrope like Cruz and Hawley fell flat on their faces.

If a politician emerges in the image of Trump for 2024, I think it will be one of the lunatics from the House.

I think this is too optimistic. I bet within the next two months the majority of the GOP solidifies behind the line that these people were antifa infiltrators trying to make MAGA look bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Sadly, I think there will be no meaningful action taken between now and the 20th, which is of course the immediate concern, which is what we always seem to be dealing with, this putting out of fires while Trump & co  have already moved on to the next lowest level of hell.

We seemed to be surprised at each turn:

No way he gets the nomination

No way he wins the election

No way he escapes Russia probe, impeachment  etc.

No way these yahoos are going to storm the capital

No way he makes it to the 20th

What else happens between now an the 20th and beyond?

check the date on the tweet. 
image.jpeg.530917353fe6c8e0414b82cb1d944630.jpeg

14 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This country will never be fixed until there is a way to shut down the propaganda networks like Fox News, OAN, etc...  The people in this country are too dumb to have “news” shows like this because they believe the lies.

the morning after, i'm of the opinion that shutting down the ministry of murdoch truth will not solve the problem.

we now have an underclass of proles.  for those of you that never read eric blair (1984), "proles" is the shortened variant of "proletarian", a marxist term for the working-class; in the book they are 85% of the population, uneducated, live in a state of ignorant bliss, work at manual labor, live in poverty, and die by 60.  their functions are simple: work and breed.

"Proles and animals are free".

part 1, chapter 7

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Invoking the 25th would also work.

This. The procedures under the 25th for the President to object to his removal and for it to go to Congress will take longer than the two weeks to inaguration. Do it now to keep him from doing any more damage these last two weeks, and to send a huge FUCK YOU to him, his family, his enablers, and his cultists.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I think this is too optimistic. I bet within the next two months the majority of the GOP solidifies behind the line that these people were antifa infiltrators trying to make MAGA look bad.

I watched a lot of Fox News (Ingraham and Carlson were the worst) and OAN last night, and I must have heard the word "antifa" 500 fucking times.  Just a relentless repetition of hosts and guests reinforcing one another.  "This might have been antifa."  "Of course we don't know if it was antifa."  "Let's keep in mind that violence was normalized by antifa."  "Antifa has created this dangerous situation in America."  

So yeah, I think you're right on the money for how this is going to evolve.  

The last 30 years has taught me that Republicans completely accept as gospel these little nuggets that they affirm to one another over and over again.  "Russia hoax."  "No collusion."  "Mueller is corrupt."  "Russia hoax."  "No collusion."  More recently:  "election fraud."  "More votes than voters."  "destroyed ballots."  "election fraud."  "dead voters."  "Illegal aliens voted."  "election fraud."  

In all those cases, there is literally NO FUCKING EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for what have become their core, defining, cornerstone beliefs.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fuck man, they were already solidified behind that line last night. Gaetz said this shit while the capitol police were still pushing the insurrection away from the steps of the capitol and got a standing fucking ovation.  We need to stop thinking the lies are intended for anyone but the echo chamber. It doesn’t matter how implausible or bold the lies are, the people they are intended for will believe them lock, stock and barrel.  It’s a huge problem with no easy answers. 

14 hours ago, Paul Wesley said:

Laura Fucking Ingraham going on and on for her entire show about how "We don't know if it was Antifa."   "Antifa normalized this violence."  "Why didn't we see this outrage against Antifa?"

just-saying-ism

and

just-asking-ism

+++

"we didn't see this outrage against antifa"

what the everloving fuck.

1 hour ago, Paul Wesley said:

It will be a complete abdication of her duty and a violation of her oath of office if Pelosi prevents a vote on articles of impeachment. I can't even fucking fathom what is going through her mind to make her think there is any other option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

All that bullshit, and I was right.

I said they'd try something, and fail miserably. 

All the election machinery is over and Biden is our new president, along with a Democratic majority Congress AND Senate. The FBI is hunting down the perps, Trump's attorneys are being disbarred and countersued, and the NY AG STILL has January 21st circled.

Yeah, you’re completely vindicated, dude. Our long nationalist nightmare is over! The good guys won and the Ewoks are beating buffalo hide helmets like drums while Chuck Schumer, Lady Liberty, and F-16 pilots exchange celebratory hugs in the background!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Evidence?

They are loyalists through and through.   Pompeo, Mnuchin, Carson, DeVos, Chad Wolf - they aren't going to remove him.  Wilbur Ross doesn't know where he is 85% of the time (and he's asleep the other 15% of the time), so he'll do what he's told.  Scalia's son isn't going to remove the fat ass traitor either. 

Elaine Chao might, because of Mitch.  

Elaine Chao is a minority female kowtowing to a sexist racist boss. Only one reason a sane person would put up with that.  She's on the grift as well, just a different grift.  She ain't rocking the boat.

52 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't disagree.  I just think that the message will no longer be able to be delivered effectively by the "old guard" preaching about their conservative principles while winking at MAGA.  Guys like Hawley are going to have to go full Gaetz/Jordan to get the mob behind them.  

• immamac locked and unpinned this topic