2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Cashcar said:

The Brocks were reportedly very high on Flood’s coaching acumen. I’m not gonna hold my breath, but them portaling to Texas is an interesting possibility based on their depth chart status. 

Plus, fuck Bill O’Brien

And their older bro being a break out star on defense.

2 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

The previous staff got murdered by scouts to daddy brock. It's the opposite for Sark and Flood. Just saying. 

Marrone is arguably one of the top OL coaches in the country with Flood now that Bloomgren and Cristobal are head coaches.  

That being said, it must be a rude awakening to have your position coach leave and be replaced by a mercenary that won’t let you sniff the two deep.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Marrone is arguably one of the top OL coaches in the country with Flood now that Bloomgren and Cristobal are head coaches.  

That being said, it must be a rude awakening to have your position coach leave and be replaced by a mercenary that won’t let you sniff the two deep.

Yea and War Daddy brock loves Sark and loves seeing his oldest boy bust some skulls. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Ed Orgeron announces LSU RB John Emery Jr. is out for the year

- Supposedly, some possibility things could change.

- Tre Bradford  expected to be available. Fortuitous?  Coincidental?  Cajun connivance?

Spoiler

LSU running back John Emery Jr. is out for the year, listed as "unavailable" by head coach Ed Orgeron when he announced the news at his Monday press conference. Emery's status is tied to academics, sources confirmed with Geaux247.

"John Emery is out for the year and my saying is he's unavailable. Right now, he's unavailable. Things could change," Orgeron said on his weekly Zoom call. "If they do change, we'll play him. Could they change? Yea, but that's out of my control."

Orgeron also said that freshman running back Armoni Goodwin is questionable after an injury sustained against McNeese State. Running back Kevontre Bradford is expected to be available after transferring back to LSU after a brief stint at Oklahoma this summer, Orgeron added.

"I do believe Armoni Goodwin is questionable for this week," Orgeron told reporters. "It's a shame because I think he's an outstanding running back. Tre Bradford as I know will be eligible for the game. We'll have to see how the week goes and hopefully we can play him this week."

In 2021, Emery had yet to suit up for LSU, but in 2020 he registered 75 carries for 378 yards and three scores while adding 14 receptions for 73 yards. As a true freshman in 2019 on the National Championship team, Emery contributed 39 rushes for 188 yards and four touchdowns.

Emery, a former Destrehan High star, ranked on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the No. 13 overall prospect in the country, No. 2 running back in the nation and No. 2 prospect in Louisiana. Before his senior year, Emery committed to Georgia before flipping to LSU later in the process and signing with the Tigers.

Up next for LSU is a non-conference matchup against Central Michigan on Saturday in Tiger Stadium. Jim McElwain leads his team into Baton Rouge at 6:30 p.m. CT on the SEC Network+ channel. The Tigers moved to 1-1 on the year after beating McNeese State, 34-7.

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

Ed Orgeron announces LSU RB John Emery Jr. is out for the year

- Supposedly, some possibility things could change.

- Tre Bradford  expected to be available. Fortuitous?  Coincidental?  Cajun connivance?

Hide contents

LSU running back John Emery Jr. is out for the year, listed as "unavailable" by head coach Ed Orgeron when he announced the news at his Monday press conference. Emery's status is tied to academics, sources confirmed with Geaux247.

"John Emery is out for the year and my saying is he's unavailable. Right now, he's unavailable. Things could change," Orgeron said on his weekly Zoom call. "If they do change, we'll play him. Could they change? Yea, but that's out of my control."

Orgeron also said that freshman running back Armoni Goodwin is questionable after an injury sustained against McNeese State. Running back Kevontre Bradford is expected to be available after transferring back to LSU after a brief stint at Oklahoma this summer, Orgeron added.

"I do believe Armoni Goodwin is questionable for this week," Orgeron told reporters. "It's a shame because I think he's an outstanding running back. Tre Bradford as I know will be eligible for the game. We'll have to see how the week goes and hopefully we can play him this week."

In 2021, Emery had yet to suit up for LSU, but in 2020 he registered 75 carries for 378 yards and three scores while adding 14 receptions for 73 yards. As a true freshman in 2019 on the National Championship team, Emery contributed 39 rushes for 188 yards and four touchdowns.

Emery, a former Destrehan High star, ranked on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as the No. 13 overall prospect in the country, No. 2 running back in the nation and No. 2 prospect in Louisiana. Before his senior year, Emery committed to Georgia before flipping to LSU later in the process and signing with the Tigers.

Up next for LSU is a non-conference matchup against Central Michigan on Saturday in Tiger Stadium. Jim McElwain leads his team into Baton Rouge at 6:30 p.m. CT on the SEC Network+ channel. The Tigers moved to 1-1 on the year after beating McNeese State, 34-7.

Tre Bradford wouldn't be eligible to play this year, would he? He transferred after the portal deadline, but I guess he could file a waiver.

13 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Tre Bradford wouldn't be eligible to play this year, would he? He transferred after the portal deadline, but I guess he could file a waiver.

current status per MarbleMouth today :: 

On the same day that LSU running back John Emery was declared unavailable for the rest of the season, Tigers head coach Ed Orgeron offered some positive news at the running back position. Kevontre Bradford is expected to be eligible to return for LSU’s next game.

Bradford began his collegiate career at LSU last season, but transferred to Oklahoma in June. In August, he re-entered the NCAA Transfer Portal and found his way back to Baton Rouge. Orgeron was optimistic about Bradford’s status heading into Week Three. He also mentioned that Armoni Goodwin is questionable.

“John Emery is out the year,” Orgeron said to reporters on Monday. “He’s unavailable. I do believe Armoni Goodwin is questionable for this week. And that’s a shame because I think he’s an outstanding running back. ‘Tre Bradford, as far as I know, will be eligible for the game. We’ll have to see how the week goes, and hopefully we can play him this week.”

https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/ol-dontae-lucas-no-longer-part-of-florida-state-football-program

https://247sports.com/player/dontae-lucas-90448/

Kick the tires on this guy. He literally cannot be any worse than what we have at the moment. 

On a separate note, I will celebrate once Denzel Okafor leaves the 40 Acres. He's swindled the football program for one bachelor's and two master's degrees while contributing next to nothing. Sorry and back to recruiting.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:09 PM, Barbacoa said:

The previous staff got murdered by scouts to daddy brock. It's the opposite for Sark and Flood. Just saying. 

On 9/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, Cashcar said:

The Brocks were reportedly very high on Flood’s coaching acumen. I’m not gonna hold my breath, but them portaling to Texas is an interesting possibility based on their depth chart status. 

Plus, fuck Bill O’Brien

The Office Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

When good OL coaches come to Texas and consistently become bad OL coaches does that mean it’s possibly something else?

It would be interesting to see a list of coaches who have come here who were successful/thought of well, fizzled out here, and then went to their next job and done well. 

I think Manny Diaz is one that sticks out the most.

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Please provide this list of good OL coaches. 

Searles, Mattox, Wickline were all considered good prior to coming here, well Mattox was the up and coming guy.

Searles is doing pretty good at UNC and Mattox is doing damn good currently at UTSA.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Searles, Mattox, Wickline were all considered good prior to coming here, well Mattox was the up and coming guy.

Lulz. Mattox was the OL coach for fucking Tulsa and he did fine here. People thought Wickline was good but he had only been at OSU and he sucked everywhere he went after Texas  too so it was clearly more Gundy than him. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Lulz. Mattox was the OL coach for fucking Tulsa and he did fine here. People thought Wickline was good but he had only been at OSU and he sucked everywhere he went after Texas  too so it was clearly more Gundy than him. 

So like like 2 guys instead of zero like you were initially insinuating?