Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

7 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

If I were any of these rioters, I’d be worried about being charged with capital murder of the police officer.

I’m not a lawyer, but in many cases it doesn’t matter if you actually did the physical act. Such as when you’re the getaway driver for a robbery and your accomplice kills someone while inside the store.

Doubtful on a capitol, murder charger. You gotta pull the trigger I believe. Prison time, and serious life altering repercussions for sure though would be in line for sure.

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s already said he wore the gear to protect himself from potential antifa attacks, and that he found the zip ties on the floor and picked them up to give to the cops, but forgot to. 

If you’re not a fascist then you have nothing to fear from antifa. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

My guess is that 1 - the heaviest charges won't get put on them until after Trump is gone, so he can't pardon them. and 2 - a presidential pardon doesn't have anything to do with the no-fly list

Trump can give blanket pardons to anyone at the Capitol on 1/6 for unspecified crimes. He could make the whole day disappear in terms of criminal prosecution.

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

SCOTUS let them execute a non trigger man from Alabama a few years ago.  

I'm sure there are special circumstances in any decision.  There were deaths this past summer in the Portland occupy situation I believe.  Were people calling for capitol murder charges then ?

We do however need to send a strong message to people that there are major repercussions for violent protest. 

• Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If you’re not a fascist then you have nothing to fear from antifa. 

Tell that to the citizens whose businesses were ruined or shut down in many of the BLM, and ANTIFA supported occupied cities this past Summer.

Fuck you  derka .  Yeah peoples lives were destroyed and 20 plus people lost their lives as a result of that rioting.  But hey it's ok with you cause it didn't affect your lame ass.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sure there are special circumstances in any decision.  There were deaths this past summer in the Portland occupy situation I believe.  Were people calling for capitol murder charges then ?

We do however need to send a strong message to people that there are major repercussions for violent protest. 

There’s a lot of reasons no one gets the needle for the insurrection.  I’m just pointing out there is no constitutional requirement to be the trigger man, which seemed to be the thought behind your post. 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump can give blanket pardons to anyone at the Capitol on 1/6 for unspecified crimes. He could make the whole day disappear in terms of criminal prosecution.

I wonder how much of an impact it would have on Police mentality towards Trump supporters in this country if Trump pardoned them for killing a cop. (probably not much, but one can hope)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

There’s a lot of reasons no one gets the needle for the insurrection.  I’m just pointing out there is no constitutional requirement to be the trigger man, which seemed to be the thought behind your post. 

Typically you have to be the one who pulled the trigger or were in the room and helped facilitate the death of someone I believe.  You have to be a willing participant in the death of someone I'd believe. That was my point.  Tresspassing/ breaking & entering isn't the conscious willing desire to kill someone.

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

I wonder how much of an impact it would have on Police mentality towards Trump supporters in this country if Trump pardoned them for killing a cop. (probably not much, but one can hope)

In any Trump vs. ___________ , they will choose Trump.  Every fucking time.  Democracy, military, FBI, cops, Constitution, Jesus, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

there were definitely people in that mob that were seasoned operators.  The only question is what they were looking for?  The Armed Forces have rarely ever been so well funded, were they just looking for blackmail intel on House Members/Senators?  There's gotta be better, less obvious, ways to obtain intel like that.  I don't know if he was 4th or 8th PsyOps under USSOCOM...but those guys are serious operators.  They don't just drop leaflets.  They're all Airborne tabbed.  But he basically said the job these days is binary...it's either online stimulus/disruption or "we're gonna murder your family if you don't do xyz."  It was built to dismantle communist regimes or radical islam.  Now it has a much more "inward-facing" purpose.  

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Typically you have to be the one who pulled the trigger or were in the room and helped facilitate the death of someone I believe.  You have to be a willing participant in the death of someone I'd believe. That was my point.  Tresspassing/ breaking & entering isn't the conscious willing desire to kill someone.

You believe wrong.  Move along.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

1) I don't think it's at all clear that a president can give a blanket pardon.  Carter gave a blanket pardon to Vietnam-era draft dodgers.  But the validity of the pardon was never tested in court.  And I think most legal analysis on the point indicates that a pardon must specify (1) whom is being pardoned, and (2) for what is that person being pardoned.

2) Trump has a strong incentive not to pardon these people.  By pardoning them, he further implicates himself in their misdeeds.  And that makes impeachment and conviction even more likely.  It also makes post-presidential prosecution more likely.

3) Given that a pardon has potential downsides for Trump, why would anyone expect him to do that?  When has he not sold his family/business partners/supporters down the river when there was the least incentive to do so?

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

In any Trump vs. ___________ , they will choose Trump.  Every fucking time.  Democracy, military, FBI, cops, Constitution, Jesus, etc.

The thin-blue-line flag posts accompanied by seven-year-old stories about policemen killed by black assailants have suddenly disappeared.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah you're going to get capitol murder charges against people breaking and entering/ trespassing. Of course I'm wrong about that.

There's video of many of them beating that cop. Every one of those assholes should get the needle. 

As long as we're naming names, Cleveland Grover Meredith, Jr. seems like a real piece of work.  After police tracked Meredith to a Holiday Inn a short walk from the Capitol. They found a compact Tavor X95 assault rifle, a 9mm Glock 19 handgun and about 100 rounds of ammunition, according to court filings. The agents also seized a stash of THC edibles and a vial of injectable testosterone.

“Headed to DC with a (s—-) ton of 5.56 armor-piercing ammo,” he texted friends and relatives on Jan. 6, adding a purple devil emoji, according to court filings. The following day, he texted to the group: “Thinking about heading over to Pelosi (C——’s) speech and putting a bullet in her noggin on Live TV.” He once again added a purple devil emoji, and wrote he might hit her with his truck instead. “I’m gonna run that (C—-) Pelosi over while she chews on her gums. … Dead (B——) Walking. I predict that within 12 days, many in our country will die.”

Meredith, who is white, then texted a photo of himself in blackface. “I’m gonna walk around DC FKG with people by yelling ‘Allahu ak Bar’ randomly.”

On the other hand, maybe he can get some sympathy because his parents gave him the awful name he has carried with him his whole life.   

Cleveland grover meredith.jpg

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That's not really the case in many states that have an expansive view of the felony murder rule. However, the applicable felony murder law for DC isn't nearly as expansive as in, say, Arizona.

He looks like he works in commercial real estate and refers to his golf clubs as "the sticks."  

He also looks like he won't fare too well in federal prison.  

knew a guy named Terry Carroll.  Had to be hard growing up girlie-girlie, firstie-firstie.  But Cleveland Grover Meredith?  City-City, Muppet-Muppet, Girlie-Girlie. That's gotta be a tough trifecta that will likely serve as part of his legal defense.  Some of these people had to know they would eventually be identified, right?  They're not like D.B. Cooper elusive where they can just smoke-bomb their way out of sight?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

He looks like he works in commercial real estate and refers to his golf clubs as "the sticks."  

He also looks like he won't fare too well in federal prison.  

knew a guy named Terry Carroll.  Had to be hard growing up girlie-girlie, firstie-firstie.  But Cleveland Grover Meredith?  City-City, Muppet-Muppet, Girlie-Girlie. That's gotta be a tough trifecta that will likely serve as part of his legal defense.  Some of these people had to know they would eventually be identified, right?  They're not like D.B. Cooper elusive where they can just smoke-bomb their way out of sight?  

I had to read your post three times to understand your point about his name. Not enough coffee this morning. A whole lot of people give black youth facing charges grief over their names, but I don't know that I've heard the defendants use that as a defense so he can suck it up and deal. The "If that teen had just followed the law...." crowd can own him, he's theirs and they know it. Admitting it is the first step....

52 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

There's video of many of them beating that cop. Every one of those assholes should get the needle. 

That is a completely different set of circumstances from the op I responded to which was that anybody going in contributed to the death of the officer.  You strike a blow you're part of his death. 

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That's not really the case in many states that have an expansive view of the felony murder rule. However, the applicable felony murder law for DC isn't nearly as expansive as in, say, Arizona.

Again, simply breaking a door or window, and going into the capitol is not going to get capital muder charges. THAT was my original comment.   There are probably enough federal charges with teeth to lay on those dumb asses as it is.

Mattress Mack wasn't in DC physically, but it looks like he was there in spirit:

136964374_10160792108167942_576112367365

Here he is backpedaling after getting exposed:

"McIngvale explained on Sunday that they opted to delay the contest payouts to avoid any chance of needing to recollect and redistribute them in the event of a legitimate challenge to the outcome.

"We didn't want to pay it twice in case there was a flip, although the odds were very small," he said."

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

1) I don't think it's at all clear that a president can give a blanket pardon.  Carter gave a blanket pardon to Vietnam-era draft dodgers.  But the validity of the pardon was never tested in court.  And I think most legal analysis on the point indicates that a pardon must specify (1) whom is being pardoned, and (2) for what is that person being pardoned.

2) Trump has a strong incentive not to pardon these people.  By pardoning them, he further implicates himself in their misdeeds.  And that makes impeachment and conviction even more likely.  It also makes post-presidential prosecution more likely.

3) Given that a pardon has potential downsides for Trump, why would anyone expect him to do that?  When has he not sold his family/business partners/supporters down the river when there was the least incentive to do so?

Yeah. I don't see him issuing blanket pardons here. Those folks already served their purpose, and they don't have any additional value to bring. His base isn't going to abandon him because he didn't issue a few pardons.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

rumor yesterday: frisco realtor has had a number of her real estate signs defaced

This lady has tried to overthrow the world's oldest democracy and reproduce the Reign of Terror with members of congress and the VP.

What should we do to strike back at her black heart?!

Oh, I don't know, how about a little REAL ESTATE SIGN DEFACEMENT!  MWHAHAHAHAH!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This lady has tried to overthrow the world's oldest democracy and reproduce the Reign of Terror with members of congress and the VP.

What should we do to strike back at her black heart?!

Oh, I don't know, how about a little REAL ESTATE SIGN DEFACEMENT!  MWHAHAHAHAH!

I mean, everybody do their part and whatnot. 

14 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah. I don't see him issuing blanket pardons here. Those folks already served their purpose, and they don't have any additional value to bring. His base isn't going to abandon him because he didn't issue a few pardons.

The thing is, I could see him doing it simply as a "fuck you I do what I want" move. 

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

This makes sense, but I think it's nearly a guarantee he will pardon them as a final "fuck you" and as a message to his supporters to keep it up.

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Cleveland Grover Meredith Jr. 

Swear to God you can't make these names up. Sounds like something from Mr. Show with Bob and David. 

Or a pitcher in "Bull Durham".

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A pardon carries "an imputation of guilt, acceptance a confession of it". My take-away is that a pardon would spare them physical jail, but that accepting the pardon would put that guilty plea on the permanent record.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Tell that to the citizens whose businesses were ruined or shut down in many of the BLM, and ANTIFA supported occupied cities this past Summer.

Can we relay it to the citizens whose businesses were ruined or shut down by the right-wing, bomb throwing fascist groups as well?

40 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Mattress Mack wasn't in DC physically, but it looks like he was there in spirit:

136964374_10160792108167942_576112367365

Mattress Mack calculates and offsets his potential loss beforehand. I liken it to a hole-in-one contest. You buy the insurance and play by their rules insofar as distance, degree of difficulty, and witnesses. Once the insurer verifies the hole-in-one is legit, the prize money is paid. It's not up to the tournament director to decide if the hole-in-one is legit.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

you mean damaged by right-wingers trying to play false flag and whom were arrested?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

For those debating shared punishment for that officer's murder, how about we go with everyone seen in this photo and/or found to be within 30 yards of his body on those steps.

ErZCmYSW4AIyrJX.png 

Look at all those concerned patriots rendering aid to that officer after some antifa scum pushed him down the steps!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Look at all those concerned patriots rendering aid to that officer after some antifa scum pushed him down the steps!

This is a funny comment, but it also fills me with rage.  It is imperative that these chuds face justice.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could you imagine answering a ride share ad to drive across the country with the QAnon or MAGA people? I might last a block before I telling them to pull over.

They want confrontation the same way a frog wants flies. Instead of that, I suggest you buddy up with them, pull up to a truckstop for gas, and hand them a 20 to go buy beer. Then when they're all inside, you just drive off.