Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

12 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So if DC cordons off all the parking, how big of a problem would it cause for the locals? Because I’m thinking if even the hard core groups had to walk four or five miles in the cold with their gear to get to the main building, then they might be tired and more interested in some cocoa. 

If these rioters had jobs that made them physically tired, they probably wouldn't have become rioters.

But I believe in second chances. "Yes, Colonel, you already told me you were a pilot. Now I'm gonna need you to take this wheelbarrow and dump it whenever the other guys get it full."

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know anyone who has ever tried to drive into the city for an inauguration, that shit is super locked down anyway, traffic is completely rerouted....You park in Virginia or Maryland and ride the metro in.

Public transportation is outside the thought-processes of the folks in question, unless it's a tram at Disneyworld.

13 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I swear Buttercream is gonna be everywhere by tomorrow.

I know it's been posted. It's the replies.

The Buttercream Dream has some silly videos but he made some hard hitting, common sense points in his rant. Just what has been done to these people that made them think attacking the Capitol was a good idea. 

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just what has been done to these people that made them think attacking the Capitol was a good idea. 

pretty much nothing, but a common theme is how the Obama Presidency was a "disaster" and "nightmare" (and that is what we are headed back to), but no can articulate how Obama adversely affected their lives those 8 years.

i think you would have to be a loser not not have thrived economically in the 10 years proceeding the pandemic.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Mattress Mack wasn't in DC physically, but it looks like he was there in spirit:

136964374_10160792108167942_576112367365

Here he is backpedaling after getting exposed:

Reminds me of that time a new video arcade put a "One Free Game" coupon in the free student newspaper. My buddy and I went to different racks, tore out a few hundred of the coupons, and put the papers back in the racks. Went and played a game or two. #BrokeInThe80s

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

pretty much nothing, but a common theme is how the Obama Presidency was a "disaster" and "nightmare" (and that is what we are headed back to), but no can articulate how Obama adversely affected their lives those 8 years.

He FORCED them to buy government-subsidized insurance at way below market value. Also, the stock market only BARELY outperformed growth under Trump.

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

He kept being black. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

i am guessing Mattress Mack did not go to Harvard Business School. What a dumb promotion.

Eh, it's always hedged or insured, which is what makes this even more damning IMO. This decision not to honor that promotion was not a business decision -- it was him hoping his butt-buddy Trump was going to overturn the result. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This lady has tried to overthrow the world's oldest democracy and reproduce the Reign of Terror with members of congress and the VP.

What should we do to strike back at her black heart?!

Oh, I don't know, how about a little REAL ESTATE SIGN DEFACEMENT!  MWHAHAHAHAH!

Could you imagine that you're trying to sell your house, and you got caught up in your realtor's politics? Potentially you could lose out on a sale. If I was in the situation, I would go ballistic.

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

Eh, it's always hedged or insured, which is what makes this even more damning IMO. This decision not to honor that promotion was not a business decision -- it was him hoping his butt-buddy Trump was going to overturn the result. 

Its similar to how Predictit kept changing the goal posts on paying out the contested states. 

35 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Totally agree.  The fact that BLM occupied Portland is enough justification for highly-weaponized insurrectionists storming the capitol, trying to overthrow the government, and beating a cop to death. 

When did I say that ?   Hmm.. never did. The group think here is strong (how typical) . I love how everybody here loves the police now. this Summer the call was they get what they deserve...  all of them., Just ask Brisket he'll tell you.. or maybe he's changed his tune now....

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Buttercream Dream has some silly videos but he made some hard hitting, common sense points in his rant. Just what has been done to these people that made them think attacking the Capitol was a good idea. 

Uh the guys they voted for didn’t win. And that’s no longer acceptable to them. 
not only do they believe the election was stolen, they also are convinced that the result of a Biden presidency will be a stock market crash, unaffordable gasoline, China running our government, guns not only outlawed but taken away in a door to door collection, and who knows what other looney shit. 

47 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Uhh BLM occupied Portland. Thanks for trying though.

So when you say they “occupied” Portland does that mean they were there?  Or has BLM taken over the government of Portland and is issuing proclamations, setting up checkpoints,  and passing laws by executive order? Just trying to understand this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Mattress Mack is usually much better at PR than this. 

He lost $10 million when he did this 4 years ago.  I'm surprised he didn't declare it null and void due to FRAUD!

Someone on that Reddit post said Gallery Furniture reached out to them before the election and offered 25% in cash or 70% in store credit if settled then instead of waiting (instead of 50% cash or 100% store credit). 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Uh the guys they voted for didn’t win. And that’s no longer acceptable to them. 
not only do they believe the election was stolen, they also are convinced that the result of a Biden presidency will be a stock market crash, unaffordable gasoline, China running our government, guns not only outlawed but taken away in a door to door collection, and who knows what other looney shit. 

2020 was an historically shitty year, but it's unfathomable that the guy in charge didn't get re-elected?

People who voted for and supported Carter in 1980 understood why he lost. No one tried to burn it all down.

Edited by yoladu

Mattress Mack could be the biggest Trump-support, QAnon nut in the world, but zero retailers would have wanted to get caught up in this election mess. He screwed up offering one of his bets on the election.  I'm sure even today that if he's paying out the Biden winners, as he should, he's getting calls that he's a traitor. And he's not in the business of pissing people off.

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm sure there are special circumstances in any decision.  There were deaths this past summer in the Portland occupy situation I believe.  Were people calling for capitol murder charges then ?

We do however need to send a strong message to people that there are major repercussions for violent protest. 

1) any acts of violent protest should face legal repercussions.  Most all folks around here have been pretty consistent in that regard.  If you burned down a business, or looted a store, during the demonstrations this summer, throw the book at you.

2) this was way, way, WAY fucking different.  It was a STATED (I mean that -- they literally said it) attempt to decapitate an entire branch of the government.  It was not simply a "violent protest" - it was an attack on the United States and the Constitution itself.

The confederates who opened fire at Fort Sumter were not mere "rioters and looters."  They were traitors to the United States waging war against it.  The terrorists who hijacked Flight 93 intending to fly it into [checks notes] that very same Capitol building were not "rioters and looters."  They were terrorists.

Comparing this attempt decapitation of the government to ordinary -- awful, but ordinary -- riots and looting is intended to diminish what happened on Wednesday.  Fuck that.  The people who went in the Capitol who were hunting for Congresscritters are terrorists, and should be treated as such.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1) any acts of violent protest should face legal repercussions.  Most all folks around here have been pretty consistent in that regard.  If you burned down a business, or looted a store, during the demonstrations this summer, throw the book at you.

2) this was way, way, WAY fucking different.  It was a STATED (I mean that -- they literally said it) attempt to decapitate an entire branch of the government.  It was not simply a "violent protest" - it was an attack on the United States and the Constitution itself.

The confederates who opened fire at Fort Sumter were not mere "rioters and looters."  They were traitors to the United States waging war against it.  The terrorists who hijacked Flight 93 intending to fly it into [checks notes] that very same Capitol building were not "rioters and looters."  They were terrorists.

Comparing this attempt decapitation of the government to ordinary -- awful, but ordinary -- riots and looting is intended to diminish what happened on Wednesday.  Fuck that.  The people who went in the Capitol who were hunting for Congresscritters are terrorists, and should be treated as such.

I see the next week or so as a chance to scoop up the Confederate leadership before the First Battle of Bull Run.

Just for a chat. "Weren't really planning on violence? Well nice to meet you, have some more coffee. Bye."

"Oh wait, Sir, do you know why this one fellow is posing in the daguerreotype with a Bowie knife? He looks almost like you..."

25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

When did I say that ?   Hmm.. never did. The group think here is strong (how typical) . I love how everybody here loves the police now. this Summer the call was they get what they deserve...  all of them., Just ask Brisket he'll tell you.. or maybe he's changed his tune now....

You're still stupid. You throw out buzzwords but have no idea what they mean. It's not groupthink when you're arguing with one poster who is the only one accusing you of something. 

The only groupthink around here right now is that sedition is bad and that those who incited a violent insurrection should face consequences. Are people not supposed to subscribe to that kind of groupthink? 

Even better is that you accuse everyone of thinking the same thing in one breath and then call out a specific poster in the next. I know that your simple mind doesn't understand why you were able to call out a specific poster but I'll explain it to you: it's because everyone around here does [i]not[/i] believe that so it's easy for even your brain to pick out the example. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And yet again.. never did any of what you're saying, but you sir have on too numerous to count times said all cops are bad becuase they don't out their fellow bad cops. Own it.

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

So when you say they “occupied” Portland does that mean they were there?  Or has BLM taken over the government of Portland and is issuing proclamations, setting up checkpoints,  and passing laws by executive order? Just trying to understand this. 

People who live in Portland marching in their own communities against police violence = occupation.

People from all over the country flying to DC to storm the Capitol in an attempt to murder the Vice President and Congressional leadership (at least) = an oopsie daisy.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

People who live in Portland marching in their own communities against police violence = occupation.

People from all over the country flying to DC to storm the Capitol in an attempt to murder the Vice President and Congressional leadership (at least) = an oopsie daisy.

just boys being boys.  they just got a little carried away.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And yet again.. never did any of what you're saying, but you sir have on too numerous to count times said all cops are bad becuase they don't out their fellow bad cops. Own it.

Cops who don't out bad cops are bad cops. Are you denying that police officers who violate their oaths and endanger the citizenry are bad cops? 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i've got that beat.  at the height of the video arcade explosion in the early 80s, there was a store named Nickleodeon which had 2 locations, one in Plano at Park & 75 and the other in Dallas at Walnut Hill and Greenville.  the going rate was 4 tokens for $1.

one summer the Dallas store started running a special on Tuesdays, 20 tokens for $1.

we found out about it, dropped $100 and hauled 2000 tokens up to Plano which we sold 50 for $10.  it worked for about 2 hours until management figured out our "enterprise".   we still had about half the tokens remaining, but we had netted a profit of more than $1000, which bankrolled a lot of fun that summer.

we called it "the great token shaft".

You win the video game scam contest, but I believe I have a case for Place or Show with one of my first jobs, designing sprites of flying bugs in a shameless Galaga knock-off. To find out exactly what the Galaga sprites looked like, my job was to leave the office with a wad of petty cash, and play Galaga in an arcade so many times that it burned into my memory. That was my actual job. Then I'd go back and replicate what I'd seen, with minor detail changes. Bootleg Galaga Player/Swipe Artist, for money, and at the time I complained about it.

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned or  just simply "undefeated"

My wife is weary of me constantly updating her with political shit.  She told me I have been insufferable since Nov 3.  "Outrage isn't attractive" is the way she put it.  I took that to heart and STFU around her. Don't care. Had sex.

Could you imagine being married to a 100% obsessed "Patriot"?

Those ex wives deserve all the schadenfreude.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I....have no earthly idea what point you are trying to make.  I truly don't know what that has to do with the fact that a group of people, egged on and called to action by the POTUS, and SPECIFICALLY instructed to a "trial by combat" by his legal agent, Rudy, attempted to decapitate 1/3 of our government last week.  But...

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Cops who don't out bad cops are bad cops. Are you denying that police officers who violate their oaths and endanger the citizenry are bad cops? 

....100% this.  The job of a cop is literally to uphold the law.  So, yeah, any and all cops who do not act against illegal cop actions in their own PD are by definition "bad cops."  And we have seen rather clearly that a cop actually taking action against a bad cop is as rare as hen's teeth -- not 0% of cops, but not far from it.

So, I am comfortable with my platform of "fuck insurrectionists who attacked my government and constitution," and "fuck cops, because they refuse to do their job and protect us from their internal bad guys."  Feels pretty solid to me.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Buttercream Dream and Trae Crowder are totally therapeutic when I find myself getting a little ragey.  Both are worth a follow.

On 1/7/2021 at 1:20 PM, Tuco said:

This is Ricky Tollikko, a white supremacist from Alberta Canada.  

ErIZcOTW4AAdGSI.png

http://anti-racistcanada.blogspot.com/2020/10/ricky-tollikko-and-woke-onez-rebellion.html

Pretty sure I just saw on CNN that the FBI is looking for info on this guy. Not sure if he's mis-identified here, or we have one up on the FBI on this one. 

edit: yep - they are: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/confederate-flag-man-fbi-tips-trnd/index.html

Edited by BillyBadAss

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You are defending good cops who don’t out bad ones? Is that the point you’re trying to make here? 

Most cops are good. 99 percent of them dont out bad cops though because the 1 percent who do are severely punished by the system if they do so and then they aren’t cops anymore. See how that works? 

So instead of advocating for a change in the system you sit there on your fat ass and post in favor of the status quo. 

My God you are stupid.