Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Shit I somehow missed this earlier. What did the president’s broadcast say?

I heard the broadcast live.  It didn't make much sense to me.  

Word for word, best I can remember...

"The chair is against the wall.  John has a long mustache.  Avenge me!!! AAVVEENGGE MEEEE!!!!!!"

• Like 1

The Buffalo head guy has been charged and is in custody. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55606044

A prominent follower of the baseless conspiracy theory QAnon has been charged over the US Capitol riots. 

Jacob Anthony Chansley, known as Jake Angeli, is in custody on charges including violent entry and disorderly conduct.

Mr Chansley, who calls himself the QAnon Shaman, is allegedly the man pictured with a painted face, fur hat and horns inside Congress on Wednesday.

15 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Yep. How do you know somebody is Canadian? They'll tell you (they burned the Capitol.)

They don't have to tell you shit. They slap a red maple leaf logo on everything they own or produce, so you can see them from 200 yards.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Sure that is not an aggy? 

The aggy corps of cadets are very similar to Canadian Nazis. They will always let you know that they are CoC members. You can also see the hoof marks on their uniforms from their "reverse sheepboying" efforts

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

What the fuck, that dumb twat Jenna Ryan opened her Twitter account again. Holy shit, this dumb asshole deserves everything coming her way.

I've been pleased to hear that the FBI plans to bring down the hammer on these people, but it's confounding that 4 days later these people are still walking around and bragging about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It goes without saying, but.....

I really hope the vast majority of the assholes we’re talking about in this thread lose their right to vote permanently.

I get the sentiment.

But the prevailing wind is toward felon re-enfranchisement.  And that's a good thing; so good, in fact, that I would hate to see it derailed.  Ultimately, perhaps, disenfranchisement, instead of being a collateral consequence of all felonies, will become a specific punishment for certain crimes.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

A health worker. Q conspiracy shit must be an addiction. I don't know how but they need to shut it down. Fucking Russians or whoever is brainwashing these conspiracy addicts need to be held to account. 

It's a cult with addictive properties, but unlike passing-out-a-pamphlet kind of cult, it begins online and then the cult member seeks out others in person because of humans being social and enjoying being social with like minded others. Thus, Q rally type events. You notice that many of these folks seem to know each other and are friendly; that's by design. They have shared knowledge and language and all of that.

But yeah, some folks get drawn in much more quickly than others. The cult of Trump, for example, which is the overarching part of the cult for some but not all: one Ginny Thomas, wife of Clarence Thomas. I've mentioned it here before; she was drawn into a cult when she was younger. It was called *Lifespring (link to wiki article below) and she mentioned later that it was difficult to break away. Ironically, she joined the Cult Awareness Network afterward. She seems susceptible to the methods and now, IMO got suckered again.

A little problematic since people in a cult have difficulty extricating themselves, and that's only the ones who sense something isn't quite right. It doesn't bode well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifespring

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

This was a violent insurrection with loss of life.  They should lose 2nd Amendment rights due to the nature of the crime.

Well, that's a collateral consequence of all felonies, as well.  I'm a little less supportive of regaining firearm rights, but after five years, you are allowed to possess a firearm in your home in Texas.

1 hour ago, BLKNSTY said:

https://www.gq.com/story/joshua-williams-ferguson-2020-interview

in case anyone is looking for precedent, 8 year prison sentence with parole eligible after 5 seems like the standard set for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll get a light fine and community service or some bullshit.  Different rules man.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

For posterity:

Also, that flagpole Q Shaman carries, if that's a real metal tip, that thing is just a short spear optimized for close fighting, disguised as a flagpole. In a split second he could shove that in somebody, yet I've seen him allowed to tote it everywhere. Seems way deadlier than a lot of pistols.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Also, that flagpole Q Shaman carries, if that's a real metal tip, that thing is just a short spear optimized for close fighting, disguised as a flagpole. In a split second he could shove that in somebody, yet I've seen him allowed to tote it everywhere. Seems way deadlier than a lot of pistols.

That's a very good point.

No pun intended.

• Rage+1 1

If I were a judge and had any discretion in sentencing these goobs, I'd have a punishment adjustment scale based on the level of cosplay.

EG, basic jeans, jacket, ballcap, Oakleys and goatee? You get the base-line sentence for what you did. 

Helmet, bulletproof vest, various little Look At Mah Service patches? You get an add-on for each item. (I'd probably decide that all in advance and write it on a note card so I could be hard, but fair.)

Fur hat, horns, spear, or similar, but didn't try to kill anybody?: for the first time since Reagan, we're gonna try to get you some mental health help, in an institutionalized setting.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure they have pivoted to deep state unlawful arrests or something. 

Trump is going to shut down social media as well as att and Verizon in the next 24-36 hours and then will begin making arrests. May or may not shut down power grid to certain cities. 

Edited by Sawbonz