Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Your mom enjoyed the bowl of pops I server her tart.  
dammit, I had something for this! 

Anyway, I think we may be moving ahead with a 2024 bowl game in Austin after all and could possibly be aligning it with the big 12 on one side.  Should be fun.  2025 is more likely though

• Like 1

The Duke's Mayo Bowl was one thing.  But to drench a grown man in hot mayonnaise on live television?  And bringing a bowl game to Austin is a no-go for some of you?  They ate the fucking pop-tart mascot on the field, that's how twisted this shit is, what people will do for cash and a participant shirt.  

Anyway, some games are gonna collapse next season with the massive conference realignments.  If Montgomery, AL and Frisco, TX can standup bowl games that pump a lot of money into their local economies while enabling you to have an excuse to tune out in-laws for 4 hours on a weekday between Christmas and New Years...pretty sure Austin can onboard a game as well.  And it won't be "another bowl game", it'll be a relocation of an existing one.  Hold the mayo, though.  

• Like 1

The Duke's Mayo Bowl was one thing.  But to drench a grown man in hot mayonnaise on live television?  And bringing a bowl game to Austin is a no-go for some of you?  They ate the fucking pop-tart mascot on the field, that's how twisted this shit is, what people will do for cash and a participant shirt.  
Anyway, some games are gonna collapse next season with the massive conference realignments.  If Montgomery, AL and Frisco, TX can standup bowl games that pump a lot of money into their local economies while enabling you to have an excuse to tune out in-laws for 4 hours on a weekday between Christmas and New Years...pretty sure Austin can onboard a game as well.  And it won't be "another bowl game", it'll be a relocation of an existing one.  Hold the mayo, though.  

I made my whole family watch and rewatch the Dukes Mayo bucket dump (and the masterful swipe of the fries through the still dripping Mayo by the ESPN sideline reporter) because America and freedom and our soldiers died for this and I respect the troops. It’s one of America’s greatest traditions, going back to the time of Moses and Sharach, Meschach, and Frederico.
  • Like 2

Yes, I believe it was covered in a letter from Luke to the Mayonnaisians.  

You sure as hell know it wasn’t addressed by that hung-up, sexually frustrated asshole Paul. He’d have said that mayonnaise is a deadly sin. And then gone home and cried while jerking off and using mayo for lube.
I hate Paul.

Why would we want Austin to have a pointless bullshit bowl?  Fuck the money, we don't need more traffic when I am trying to go downtown to enjoy my fucking town during the holidays. Fuck that...what if Auburn or Arkansas fans end up here for a bowl? It is bad enough they are coming for home and home games.  

Why would we want Austin to have a pointless bullshit bowl?  Fuck the money, we don't need more traffic when I am trying to go downtown to enjoy my fucking town during the holidays. Fuck that...what if Auburn or Arkansas fans end up here for a bowl? It is bad enough they are coming for home and home games.  

Counterpoint: calling it the “Pointless Bullshit Bowl,” and inviting aggy to play in it year after year, would make me chuckle.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

It would be at Q2 stadium.  Most likely between Christmas and New Years.  Most people attending would either be local, taking an uber, or walking from the Domain hotels.  It'd add maybe a few hundred extra cars during evening rush hour, that's it.  You'd have to pretend to be annoyed around your in-laws that you "have to attend the game for work purposes" and just disappear for a few hours on a random weekday.  We're talking maybe 15,000-20,000 fans tops.  During a time when nothing really happens in Austin anyway, it's not like this'll be Christmas Day or New Year's Day, it's a dead time.  Buncha people have a nice time and spend money, it's not a new bowl, it's a relocated one, we can all use it as an excuse if we need to, or just ignore it completely as is our right.  It maybe puts a couple thousand folks in downtown Austin hotels during a time when they're mainly empty anyway, plus a bunch at the Domain.  Yeah, for one random day during that dead week just before or just after Christmas, it likely adds 5% more traffic in the evening on our highways and biways.  But that's a light traffic time for Austin anyway.  If you don't like it, don't fucking go.  Some student-athletes and their families from some garbage conferences are gonna have a nice time and leave generous tips.  No skin off your back or your pussy.

This guy is a Stanford walk-on who was allowed only a total of 9 playing minutes in blowouts across 2 seasons….and hes casually draining contested shots lights-out.

The shooting talent is crazy. How cool would it be to have just half his accuracy?

The caltech guy is kinda trash though. Dude keeps jab stepping left for no reason. 

I don't wade into the cesspool that is the football board but just wanted to say to you Horns GL tomorrow and I'm rooting for you. Here are my preferred outcomes.

1. Texas

2. Washington

3. Saban

4. Alien Invasion

5. Apocalypse

6. Human Extinction

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Isn’t it against City of Austin rules to perform heavy construction on federal holidays at 8am?  I thought Sundays and days like Christmas and New years were off limits?  GC behind me doesn’t do jack shit for weeks on end and suddenly he wants to frame a roof at sunrise on 1/1?

Just learned from wikipedia that chiefs great Derrick Thomas died in 2000 after getting flung from an SUV he was driving due to speeding in a snowstorm and not wearing seatbelt….and his family sued Gen Motors for $80M. 🤦‍♂️

cmon man

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Just learned from wikipedia that chiefs great Derrick Thomas died in 2000 after getting flung from an SUV he was driving due to speeding in a snowstorm and not wearing seatbelt….and his family sued Gen Motors for $80M. 🤦‍♂️

cmon man

Related to the Floriduh lady suing Hersheys over their holiday treats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Going to start a petition to move the game on Monday to the Rose Bowl for old times sake. 

Yeah, so am I right in thinking the Rose Bowl will never be for the national championship again? I realized that last night (may be the last to realize it), and I think of all the garbage that's come to college football in the last few years, that might be the worst.

On 1/1/2024 at 11:29 AM, Steel Shank said:

Has there been any analytics done on whether to go for it on fourth down?

Lulz.

Had this random question pop in my head while at the gym...

Which would guys pick: you have to spend the rest of your life with one of two women (both have great personalities):

A) a woman who's a 6. Slightly above average and she'll get fat and decrepit as she gets older, or

B) a knockout 9.5 to 10. Absolutely stunning and she'll grow old gracefully. The catch is she shits herself every 3 to 5 days randomly without warning. Violently.

If anyone answers my stupid question give a reason, like "B...I'm German, I usually have to pay extra for that."

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ajax said:

Which would guys pick: you have to spend the rest of your life with one of two women (both have great personalities):

A) a woman who's a 6. Slightly above average and she'll get fat and decrepit as she gets older, or

B) a knockout 9.5 to 10. Absolutely stunning and she'll grow old gracefully. The catch is she shits herself every 3 to 5 days randomly without warning. Violently.

If anyone answers my stupid question give a reason, like "B...I'm German, I usually have to pay extra for that."

You and I have a very different definition of how someone will "grow old gracefully"

My SIL and husband yesterday were complaining about their storage unit, about how difficult it was to unload and move the stuff in (2nd floor, up the elevator, last door on the left, yada yada), and also how the rent keeps going up.

So I asked them what they were storing.

”You know, old books, old clothes, nicknacks…”

“When was the last time you used them?”

”I don’t know, they’ve been in storage, at different storage units) so probably 3 year at least.”

”So why don’t you just sell it or throw it away?”

”I’m just not ready to… we’re not hoarders or anything, but we just don’t want to throw it away.”

I usually don’t buy anything without already knowing where it’s going to go, or what it’s going to replace. So along the same lines, I hate getting gifts, or the kids getting presents because it’s just going to end up in a corner or on the ground. I also stopped buying physical books if it’s available on Apple Books. 

[edit] Come to think of it, it’s probably because my family moved every 3-4 year, so we bought only what we needed or really cherished. 

Edited by Superhero

The self-storage model is an efficient one in most places.  What I don't get is in Austin, where land is at such a premium-how people can pay those prices for the facilities like on 360 in Westlake, or downtown on 5th/6th between Mopac & Lamar.  Those units go for $600-$800/month.  And the customers all tell me the same thing, "Well, we just like to have our stuff close-by in case we need it."  And then they add that they never go there because it's stuff they don't use.  I get, if you live in a condo or retirement home or whatever you want to save some shit...but just put it out by the interstate or whatever and pay $200/month instead.  If you only go there a couple times a year, who gives a shit?  

One of my SiL's pays hundreds a month to store shit because their basement is full and they hoard shit.  Probably $500/month all told between the space and the trips to/from.  But they feel boarding their dog at $75/night when visiting us is a bridge too far.  

• Like 1

recently saw one of these on the road and was briefly reminded that they actually exist

800px-03-05_Toyota_Echo.jpg

800px-2004_Toyota_Echo_(NCP12R)_sedan_01

12 hours ago, ajax said:

nothing an adult diaper cant solve

• Hook 'Em 1