Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Coaching and team situation can make a huge difference also.

Would Vince have thrived if he ended up playing for Andy Reid straight out of school vs. Fisher? Would Mahomes have thrived for Jason Garrett?  Dak (I know, I know) may have played out his rookie deal and be coaching somewhere by now if it weren't for an injury (actually two), despite his accomplishments in the vaunted SEC.

On 3/30/2024 at 11:17 AM, 52-80 said:

Like Kevin Pittsnoggle. How do you start every single game scoring 19 ppg against teams like Villanova, Connecticut, Marquette, Syracuse, and Georgetown…but not even make an NBA roster?

if the NBA roster were solely made up of people scoring 30ppg in the same league against the same competition, then sure on a relative basis Pittsnoggle sucks. 

It's funny that you mentioned Pittsnoggle. I am also continually amazed by this "college stud who doesn't sniff the NBA" phenomenon, and he's the first example of this that comes to my mind, too.

As someone who watches a ton of CBB but only watches the NBA once the playoffs start, I have just come to the lazy conclusion that I simply don't understand the pro game as well as I assume I should. 

Posted (edited)

Mowed the front yard and it was so dry and dusty with pollen and leaves under the oak tree my nose is stopped up and I  can’t smell anything now.  I’m gonna go dig the shirt out of the hamper that I wore to crawfish boil last night and sniff it like a pair of used panties.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m gonna go dig the shirt out of the hamper that I wore to crawfish boil last night and sniff it like a pair of used panties.  

Used panties that smell like crawfish boil....

Simpsons Thats My Fetish GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It's funny that you mentioned Pittsnoggle. I am also continually amazed by this "college stud who doesn't sniff the NBA" phenomenon, and he's the first example of this that comes to my mind, too.

As someone who watches a ton of CBB but only watches the NBA once the playoffs start, I have just come to the lazy conclusion that I simply don't understand the pro game as well as I assume I should. 

2010-2011 Duke had 6 first-rounders (of 8 total drafted).  All are names you know:

Plumlee brothers (2x), Seth Curry, Kyle Singler, and all-world Kyrie Irving

Singler had 17/8/2.  Kyrie had 18/3/4.  But the team's leading scorer? Nolan Smith, at 21/5/5.  I've never even heard of his name.  Started 4 games in the NBA and disappeared after 2 seasons.  Atleast he got drafted...

I signed up for a website that asked me to list my favorite TV personality. Not actor or movies. TV. I sat there for several minutes and couldn’t think of anyone. So then I Googled TV personalities. 

A list of hundred people came up. I scanned the list. The entire list. I realized there wasn’t one person on that list that I would be proud to call my favorite. Even stranger, many of the people on the list were pathetic individuals that I hated, people like Jerry Springer. Who’s your favorite TV personality? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I signed up for a website that asked me to list my favorite TV personality. Not actor or movies. TV. I sat there for several minutes and couldn’t think of anyone. So then I Googled TV personalities. 

A list of hundred people came up. I scanned the list. The entire list. I realized there wasn’t one person on that list that I would be proud to call my favorite. Even stranger, many of the people on the list were pathetic individuals that I hated, people like Jerry Springer. Who’s your favorite TV personality? 

Conan. Shaq. Barkley. Dick Vitale. Brooke Burke and Jules Asner. Some cooking people

• Hook 'Em 1

if the definition of tv personality means a person notable for TV work (ie broadcast), but excludes celebrity status from other previous endeavors (athletics, movies, other crafts), then that list is very small to nil.

an example would be like Jeff Probst who hosts survivors... hes known because of that TV show but not for anything else. 

...people like Mike Rowe maybe, or the stupid dorks from Mythbusters. 

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Old school Letterman. Johnny Carson maybe.

Those were the exact two that came to my mind. Old school letterman was awesome. And then he got cynical, nasty, and political. 
Carson was the epitome of 60s-70s cool. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, nnm said:

Those were the exact two that came to my mind. Old school letterman was awesome. And then he got cynical, nasty, and political. 
Carson was the epitome of 60s-70s cool. 

This 100%.  Loved Letterman in the 80’s.  Carson is still the GOAT.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Conan. Shaq. Barkley. Dick Vitale. Brooke Burke and Jules Asner. Some cooking people

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Old school Letterman. Johnny Carson maybe.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

if the definition of tv personality means a person notable for TV work (ie broadcast), but excludes celebrity status from other previous endeavors (athletics, movies, other crafts), then that list is very small to nil.

an example would be like Jeff Probst who hosts survivors... hes known because of that TV show but not for anything else. 

...people like Mike Rowe maybe, or the stupid dorks from Mythbusters. 

Interestingly, none of those names except for Conan were on the list I reviewed. Conan was the one guy that came to mind when I first thought about it, but it felt weird to call him my favorite. I rarely watched his shows. I liked them. Just never watched them. 

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Col. Flagg

Reverend Jim

So do tv characters count or just “personalities?”

Because I don’t give two shits about tv personalities. Can’t name a single one I’d call a favorite

But Adam from Northern Exposure and Jeff Bingham are my favorite characters

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Seriously cant tell if the second person is a Judy Dench type lady or Elton John type dude

IMG_5845.jpeg

I think you want to make love out of nothing at all with he/her.  

• Like 1

I didn’t think the eclipse was a big deal, but why do so many people feel the need to rant against people who did? Local sports radio jock went off on it yesterday, calling people stupid for caring so much about something he considered lame, then had a 30 minute segment on golf. I found it hilarious because lots of people, including sports fans like myself, think golf is lame as shit, but that’s just my personal opinion. Let people like what they like for fucks sake.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Where did you watch it?

From my office. I had a clear view from my window and had my glasses. We had 95% here and it got dim and spooky for a bit. Was kinda cool.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

From my office. I had a clear view from my window and had my glasses. We had 95% here and it got dim and spooky for a bit. Was kinda cool.

Ah. You watched a partial eclipse through your office window. No wonder you didn’t get it. Sorry you missed the totality. It’s a completely different experience. There's no comparison. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Ah. You watched a partial eclipse through your office window. No wonder you didn’t get it. Sorry you missed the totality. It’s a completely different experience. There's no comparison. 

Totality will hit my area in 2045, I fully intend to be alive that long.

It’s 2024 and I still have to show ID whenever I buy NyQuil or such… SMGDH. 

The post doldrums without CBK is starting to settle in, so bad the wife and I made a 4hr RT drive yesterday just to checkout Wegman’s. 

Of all the possible formats you can express months and days, this might be the absolute worst.

My kid's daycare sending a calendar table with the weeks of June 17-->21, June 24-->28, July 1-->5, etc:

image.png.64891810847485abe5dbeba98c7f9dad.png

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 6
  • Prepare your anus 1