Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Do you mean like College Gameday?  Cuz yeah ,I watch that.

I feel like Gameday is the best of the bunch. For some reason is just feels different. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Do you mean like College Gameday?  Cuz yeah ,I watch that.

College Gameday and NFL Countdown were fine when they were an hour long, and they talked about...football. Not some player's mom that was sick or dad was in prison. Just matchups and who had a better chance to win. Fuck this 3-4 hour bullshit. I haven't seen a pregame show in 10+ years and I don't miss them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This isn’t very cool so I can’t put the pic there. But it’s kind of cool. If this one egg had been fertilized then it would’ve produced (fraternal) twins. I was making an omelette and it was the 3rd egg I cracked into the bowl, otherwise I would’ve cooked it sunny side up to get a pic of a fried egg with a double yolk. I did notice that its shell was a little longer on the y axis than the others’ but didn’t think anything of it before I cracked it  

IMG_8780.thumb.jpeg.0da0e135fcbd3dd2c054ae895388015b.jpeg

I swear time has slowed down or maybe even stopped. Anxious as hell to get this day over with. Tired of this lady I am working with and her total inability to communicate. It’s the end of my work week, looking at a 4 day weekend. Pops is on the mend from heart surgery. Horns play Saturday, going to get some bbq tomorrow. This day needs to hurry the fuckity fuck up already.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I swear time has slowed down or maybe even stopped. Anxious as hell to get this day over with. Tired of this lady I am working with and her total inability to communicate. It’s the end of my work week, looking at a 4 day weekend. Pops is on the mend from heart surgery. Horns play Saturday, going to get some bbq tomorrow. This day needs to hurry the fuckity fuck up already.

Some decent football on tonight, too. 

Just now, Kennythetiger said:

Some decent football on tonight, too. 

The last 4-5 years on opening weekend, I always say "Football starts tonight and I'm gonna watch it, regardless of who's playing". I never make it more than a drive or two before I get disinterested and turn it off. Getting old is a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Sandman said:

The last 4-5 years on opening weekend, I always say "Football starts tonight and I'm gonna watch it, regardless of who's playing". I never make it more than a drive or two before I get disinterested and turn it off. Getting old is a bitch. 

I at least fall asleep watching it. 

• Like 1

Dilemma. I just finished making 4 pounds of taco meat when I saw the Fed Ex guy pull up outside. Went out to take the package from him and when I walked back into the kitchen my wife’s cat had its face buried in the pot eating away. My wife and daughter are at a meeting and will be home in a few minutes and they’d freak completely out and refuse to touch a bite of the meat if they knew what happened. I already know what I’m going to do, the dilemma is on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the worst, just how bad should I feel?

• Haha 4

Dilemma. I just finished making 4 pounds of taco meat when I saw the Fed Ex guy pull up outside. Went out to take the package from him and when I walked back into the kitchen my wife’s cat had its face buried in the pot eating away. My wife and daughter are at a meeting and will be home in a few minutes and they’d freak completely out and refuse to touch a bite of the meat if they knew what happened. I already know what I’m going to do, the dilemma is on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the worst, just how bad should I feel?

0. Heat it up, serve, enjoy.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Had dinner tonight with some longtime friends from work.  The 4 of us have 140 years of experience, and 2 of them also  have about 20 years of retirement between them.

Nobody ever talks about the respect and brotherly love you end up having for some folks who are just supposed to be co-workers.  Hurricanes/ holiday weeks( crazy in the grocery industry,) and constantly being there for each other just makes some shit different.

It was a very meaningful evening...

19 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

So your wife’s pussy had its face buried deep in some taco meat huh?

Sucks to hear about Jimmy Buffett, but we can all find some solace in the hopes that this puts an end to any future gatherings of Parrotheads.
They will probably keep touring with a Buffet hologram. That way the estate can keep selling Margaritaville: the shirt, the mug, ashtray, flashlight, buttplug, adult diapers, salsa etc

And my inlaws will go.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I don't think it's passive/aggressive if I forward the email that I sent you less than two weeks ago. You are asking for the same information I already sent you. I'm just nicely telling you to pay f'ing attention.

2 weeks is my threshold for repeating a non-critical email that went unanswered. Its when I start getting snippy, and just before i start cc’ing other people in it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Ive just learned 3 minutes ago that the distinction between bar- vs bat- mitzvah is based on the gender of the subject. 

(for modern kids tho? Theyre going to have to invent a whole new alphabet for it)

Kinda like inventing a whole new Spanish language because the original is inextricably based on two genders? 

I ordered a new Texas shirt from Homefield. Ordered it on August 22 and it's still not here yet. They say they print them all in house, so it was roughly two weeks before it even shipped. Now it's somewhere in Kentucky and taking its sweet time.

Love the look of the shirt, but damn. $40 for a t-shirt that takes three weeks to arrive? Won't be doing that again.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

35 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I ordered a new Texas shirt from Homefield. Ordered it on August 22 and it's still not here yet. They say they print them all in house, so it was roughly two weeks before it even shipped. Now it's somewhere in Kentucky and taking its sweet time.

Love the look of the shirt, but damn. $40 for a t-shirt that takes three weeks to arrive? Won't be doing that again.

Tshirt fan status confirmed. 

• Haha 1

So, I just got an email in my normal new email inbox.

The subject title was " Your Apple ID has been suspended" 

So yeah, I know thats a phish email send to millions of email addresses. 

but here is my bitch.

How in the holy fuck could THAT subject title be allowed to be delivered to ANY fucking email address if the fucking sender isnt from the known Apple notifications email???

how on earth have the email companies NOT been able to figure out to write codes that have specific brand name companies or streaming services "account is locked" emails get auto filtered as non-deliverable?

example:

"Your Netflix account has been compromised"  sent from  netf1ix12345678910@netflix.yahoo.com

"your Verizon account has been hacked" sent from  Vereezon3@dewey.screwum.and.howe.com

seriously I know it wouldnt kill all spam but holy fuck it would cut down on 90% of the stuff that gets older folks especially  in trouble.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1