2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Fangraphs has the Red Sox as 50.1% favorites.  I'm surprised.

edit - Well I swear that's what I saw earlier.  Now it shows us as a 50.3% favorite.  In any case, I think we should be a little bit bigger favorite than that.

Edited by WBT

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Questionable bullpen and 2 reliable starters right now, one of which may or may not have an arm issue.

5-2 against Boston.  Urquidy, Valdez, Garcia all had wins.  Odorrizi had a win and a loss and we lost a Greinke start. 

Edited by Js1

Red Sox offense is on fire… and did it against a better pitching staff than ours IMO.

hopefully they come back down to earth and hopefully the Red Sox pitching continues to give us free runners like the White Sox, who gave us 4.5 BBs per game. 18 totals walks is 5 more than the next closest playoff team.

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

If Jake and LMJ are a go, do we expect any changes?

drop siri for another arm?

Good question. In a short series we could get away with one less pitcher. Now, it might be advantageous to have another pitcher, especially with McCullers hurting right now. If the Game 4 production from the bullpen can be more consistent then maybe not. Boston has 3 really good LHB in Verdugo, Devers, and Schwarber. I think you have to replace Raley with Taylor. 

36 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Good question. In a short series we could get away with one less pitcher. Now, it might be advantageous to have another pitcher, especially with McCullers hurting right now. If the Game 4 production from the bullpen can be more consistent then maybe not. Boston has 3 really good LHB in Verdugo, Devers, and Schwarber. I think you have to replace Raley with Taylor. 

I think Raley and Taylor will both be on the roster.

30 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I could be on board with Strom/FO mental long game leaving Odorizzi off LDS to see him come out mad as hell in LCS and be the surprise LCS MVP like scraps or whoever it was said.

…except he sucks

put some respeck on my name....I would never even joke about that dude being MVP lol

Even if he is on the roster he wouldn't matter enough to win MVP.  

• Haha 1

And probably mentioned but a buddy sent me:

our 4 infielders have played together in more playoff games than any infield foursome in history.

granted, “history” for that stat really starts in ‘95…first year of wild card. But still impressive. Nevermind the playoff game stat, I’m actual more impressed by having the same 4 starting infield for 5 consecutive years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to handle the irony/hypocrisy of the deafening boos from Red Sox fans Monday against our infielders with cora looking on in the home team dugout

Houston fans better boo them in return.  They're cheaters too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Cora is one of the main cocksuckers that got us into this fucking mess so fuck him

I'll say it, I actually like Cora and I cam see why he's loved by lots of players. I still wanna go Mola Ram on them and rip their fucking hearts out but as a coach, I like Cora.

La Russa calling us classless, when Tepera makes a baseless allegation that we are still cheating and after Altuve takes a high fastball in the elbow to the cheers of their slapdick fans, is way more enjoyable than the never ending Osuna drama. Especially when Altuve launches a ball at 110 mph out of the park.