2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2005 - Leadoff batter for the opposing team does not homer in the first inning of Game 1 (LOST WS)

2017 - Leadoff batter for the opposing team homers in the first inning of Game 1 (WON WS)

2019 - Leadoff batter for the opposing team does not homer in the first inning of Game 1 (LOST WS)

2021 - Leadoff batter for the opposing team homers in the first inning of Game 1 (???)

Don't worry boys, we got 'em right where we want 'em.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Roof is open tonight. It will be a beautiful night and idmas but I’m sure there will be plenty of angst by all. To me, it’s simply another opportunity to say  “Fuck Manfred”. 

My angst has gone down tremendously about this after the clunker last night, but so help me god if a critical fly ball is affected by that wind to our detriment.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Roof is open tonight. It will be a beautiful night and idmas but I’m sure there will be plenty of angst by all. To me, it’s simply another opportunity to say  “Fuck Manfred”. 

They should let the fans with tickets vote on it.  Or, we should fuck 'em up and not worry about it. 

I prefer option #2.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd sit Chaz. He can swing hard and do little else. Siri can at least put the ball in play. 

This lineup gruntles me. 

Remember when I said I didn't have much trust that CF wouldn't get chewed up by quality pitchers and have bad AB's in the playoffs?  It's been better than I thought here and there but I have no faith that any of those guys are going to get big hits. They have done enough to not be a Machete type black hole, but yeah- you are just looking for someone to get a duck snort hopefully somewhere, or at least get Machete up if there's 2 outs to turn the lineup over...

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The trend has been Valdez and Garcia followed up bad games with incredible ones so tonight is Urquidy turn to dominate

I'd settle for a clean first inning and half as many runs given up as IP.  6/3 or 4/2 would be nice.  2/1 I suppose I could even live with if he goes through the lineup one time, looks shaky, we score a couple runs and want to get the ball to Javier.  

ODO did well for us last night to eat some innings and keep the game within shouting distance so Atlanta had to go to the whip and use all their best leverage guys (with Charlie getting hurt of course- but if Odo let it get away they wouldn't have put 81 pitches on their best 3 relievers.  

For as shitty as Framber's start was we have a lot of guys fresh and should be able to expect 6 quality innings from our relief aces if we need it (Javier, Emo and the dancing chick when we win a games husband).

Then, we get a day off and our secret weapon flame throwing Garcia. Game 4 should be Framber (on short rest after only throwing 52 pitches he should be able to give us a full start- he's got a rubber arm) vs their bullpen and then they have to throw a bullpen game again in game 5.  If we can win this game it sets up pretty well for us, to be honest, in a best 3 out of 5 series even though they would have home field advantage. If we don't win this game, well, we've shown we can sweep an NL East team at their home park after we go down 0-2.  And Scherzer and Stasburg ain't walking through that door for Atlanta in game 6/7.  

5 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You could have Springer in CF but if Altuve, Bregman and Correa continue to 0-fer it don't make a shit.

Springer got hot enough to carry us at times, and with the Cubans and Tucker swinging hot to decent AB's it might be enough.  But yeah, the big guys have to eat, without a doubt.  Those are 3 of our best 5 hitters. They can't be all super cold at the same time b/c as good as Yuli and Brantley are at making contact and hitting for a high average they just don't have enough thump to hurt the other team all by themselves.  

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I am in for the Siri epic pimping of a homer

If he hits one I want to see him do cartwheels around the bases while he has a sparkler stuck up his ass.  My old boss had a girl do that at the scrip club for him. He dropped 10k that night. I was there for about 5 minutes after I'd waited in the car for him for 30 minutes at the house of handjob as he called it that he pulled into.  This guy is an absolute animal.  He would fit in on this site for sure but he's a tech fan so... not @slorch

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Remember when I said I didn't have much trust that CF wouldn't get chewed up by quality pitchers and have bad AB's in the playoffs?  It's been better than I thought here and there but I have no faith that any of those guys are going to get big hits. They have done enough to not be a Machete type black hole, but yeah- you are just looking for someone to get a duck snort hopefully somewhere, or at least get Machete up if there's 2 outs to turn the lineup over...

it could’ve been meyers but we’ll never know. 

Just now, WBT said:

Chas had one of our two RBIs last night.  So at least he didn't K in a big spot.  Now if Dansby didn't boot it, it probably would have been an inning ending dp but still...

Yeah I’m not gonna give him credit for rolling over on a double play ball that got booted that would have ended our best threat of the night. 
he’s been better than I expected. He’s not been good.