daunte wright shooting

TexasHooch

Obviously she blew it by reaching for the wrong weapon (did they water down her qualifying to reach female hiring quotas?  Obviously male cops do stupid things, too.  But asking if it could have been a factor.  Do you want reform to true higher standards or not?  Because making exceptions creates higher risks.)
But like almost all of these shootings, it almost certainly doesn't happen if the suspect had complied with the officers. 
(Note to "But ___" knee jerks:  That idiotic VA stop of the military guy wasn't a shooting.)

Or maybe she is a police veteran of 25 years and president of the police association per local news.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. There's way more than that. Like easily twice as much. Where are you getting that number?

I always had around 100 million in my head as the rough figure. 

Edited by Blotto

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. There's way more than that. Like easily twice as much. Where are you getting that number?

Recent study by University of My Imagination. Jesus christ I wasn’t even close, just googled it. Didn’t realize I had so many primos around. I need to get out of south Texas more, always knew there were a ton of us here, Cali, and Florida but kind of thought that was it.

Recent study by University of My Imagination. Jesus christ I wasn’t even close, just googled it. Didn’t realize I had so many primos around. I need to get out of south Texas more, always knew there were a ton of us here, Cali, and Florida but kind of thought that was it.

Texas, California, and Florida is like 100 million people lol. Those states aren’t 72 percent white.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t understand when it became the desire of the public for suspects who flee arrest to face no threat of lethal force, be it a gun or vehicle. Police chases often inflict injury to innocent people and property. It is not ok to run. Adding additional jail time to whatever warrant or arrest they are fleeing is not disincentive to stop the fleeing. If they are willing to fight or run, what makes anyone think the inevitable standoff later will go better?

Protestors the last few years need to pick better martyrs in a couple of these cases. Some have been inexcusable heinous acts by police. Others have been the direct result of the deceased’s own criminal actions. 

• Hook 'Em 5

It’s not dangerous for the police? Interesting.

Statistically, no, not really. Cops kill many times more civilians than civilians kill police. Police, meanwhile, have consistently shown they cannot be trusted with deadly weapons. If someone in that interaction is going to beat the burden of increased risk to personal safety, it should be the cop. They sign up for it, get trained for it, get equipped with military grade armor, and get paid pretty well for a public servant, partially one with no special educational or experience requirements.

How about you tell me why they should carry guns?

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Which brings me to the question of why was he being cuffed if they didn't already know he had warrants at the time?

This.  It's been a couple of years since I've been pulled over but I don't remember cuffing being a routine part of the process.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Which brings me to the question of why was he being cuffed if they didn't already know he had warrants at the time?

This.  It's been a couple of years since I've been pulled over but I don't remember cuffing being a routine part of the process.

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I don’t understand when it became the desire of the public for suspects who flee arrest to face no threat of lethal force, be it a gun or vehicle.

It's definitely a slippery slope. Cops have no way of knowing if someone they pulled over who tries to get away has a pound of weed in the trunk or a dead body in the trunk. But I think we can all agree that cops are a little too shooty in these situations. 

I don’t understand when it became the desire of the public for suspects who flee arrest to face no threat of lethal force, be it a gun or vehicle. Police chases often inflict injury to innocent people and property. It is not ok to run. Adding additional jail time to whatever warrant or arrest they are fleeing is not disincentive to stop the fleeing. If they are willing to fight or run, what makes anyone think the inevitable standoff later will go better?

Protestors the last few years need to pick better martyrs in a couple of these cases. Some have been inexcusable heinous acts by police. Others have been the direct result of the deceased’s own criminal actions. 

Great idea. Lobby to change the laws (and the constitution, while you’re at it - gonna have to get rid of that pesky “due process”) to allow summary execution by the police when someone flees.

That’s how the rule of law works. Want to make that the law, then go for it.

OR....the point is that it doesn’t matter whether the person is a 5 time loser or a Boy Scout, the cops do not have the legal authority to summarily execute a person. Kinda like how a guy rarely slaps his wife for being nice. They usually give her a black eye because she pissed him off, and he felt provoked. But, I mean...either one is wrong. Yeah. I’m gonna stick with that point of view.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's definitely a slippery slope. Cops have no way of knowing if someone they pulled over who tries to get away has a pound of weed in the trunk or a dead body in the trunk. But I think we can all agree that cops are a little too shooty in these situations. 

It's more than just being too trigger happy, it's that we the people have no ability to conduct oversight of the police. Bad cops  get fired, and then their PD and union seals the records and complaints, and the bad cop moves to a new town. And whoever was victimized by officer chud has zero recourse. 

Long term, I don't think that disarming the cops is a good idea. But for fucks sake we need to lower tha stakes for police encounters. They are way to quick to either directly use force by firing or brandishing their gun, or to indirectly use force by keeping a hand on it the entire time they interact with you. 

Edited by Captainant

Just now, ztejas said:

I've heard conflicting information of what the warrant was for. On one end I have conservative bloggers telling me it was a felony weapons charge and on the other end I have the police chief department in question telling me it was for a misdemeanor. Oh who to believe. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Great idea. Lobby to change the laws (and the constitution, while you’re at it - gonna have to get rid of that pesky “due process”) to allow summary execution by the police when someone flees.

That’s how the rule of law works. Want to make that the law, then go for it.

OR....the point is that it doesn’t matter whether the person is a 5 time loser or a Boy Scout, the cops do not have the legal authority to summarily execute a person. Kinda like how a guy rarely slaps his wife for being nice. They usually give her a black eye because she pissed him off, and he felt provoked. But, I mean...either one is wrong. Yeah. I’m gonna stick with that point of view.

I didn’t say to summarily execute anyone. I said to stop a public threat in the form of a police chase with a suspect desperately attempting to avoid apprehension. Tazing or any non lethal incapacitation should be preferred. Tazing or shooting a fleeing suspect as they hop in the car minimizes the risk to innocent bystanders/drivers/potential hostages in the suspects’ path. Sorry to get in the way of your broad brush hatred of cops as murderers and racists with badges. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn’t say to summarily execute anyone. I said to stop a public threat in the form of a police chase with a suspect desperately attempting to avoid apprehension. Tazing or any non lethal incapacitation should be preferred. Tazing or shooting a fleeing suspect as they hop in the car minimizes the risk to innocent bystanders/drivers/potential hostages in the suspects’ path. Sorry to get in the way of your broad brush hatred of cops as murderers and racists with badges. 

Cool. So, I execute him when he moves the car forward....because he might go on to flee recklessly and hurt someone, so gotta play it safe, and end him.

No broad brush needed to call that take psychotic.
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Statistically, no, not really. Cops kill many times more civilians than civilians kill police. Police, meanwhile, have consistently shown they cannot be trusted with deadly weapons. If someone in that interaction is going to beat the burden of increased risk to personal safety, it should be the cop. They sign up for it, get trained for it, get equipped with military grade armor, and get paid pretty well for a public servant, partially one with no special educational or experience requirements.

How about you tell me why they should carry guns?

You lost me when you said patrol stops aren’t dangerous for cops because more cops kill civilians than vice versa. Yikes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Henry Hill said:

You lost me when you said patrol stops aren’t dangerous for cops because more cops kill civilians than vice versa. Yikes.

Quiet they are hunting rabbits. Shhh. I was in high school. And went to class. Big massive gap in my life between that and being 30 plus years old (time machine of not taking any responsibility for my life whatsoever) omg I somehow with this massive gap in my life that now no one can account for have done fucking nothing. Cozy huh? Let’s show my high school accomplishments! Show them. That gap between high school and me has zero bearing on my life. My parents can vouch no shit! Call me at 512- 555-dumb. It’s sad and all but choices were made. Is anyone looking for that girl from Baton Rouge? At least she’s worth talking about. From LSU? 

Edited by Nicole44

51 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Quiet they are hunting rabbits. Shhh. I was in high school. And went to class. Big massive gap in my life between that and being 30 plus years old (time machine of not taking any responsibility for my life whatsoever) omg I somehow with this massive gap in my life that now no one can account for have done fucking nothing. Cozy huh? Let’s show my high school accomplishments! Show them. That gap between high school and me has zero bearing on my life. My parents can vouch no shit! Call me at 512- 555-dumb. It’s sad and all but choices were made. Is anyone looking for that girl from Baton Rouge? At least she’s worth talking about. From LSU? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsALlRVzblGNiYPwUTIqm

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsALlRVzblGNiYPwUTIqm

You do realize that it is analogous to any race. White people suck at life also. And they have the advantage. Have always had it here. And it’s not right. It is horrible that anyone can’t look beyond race. Any one...

Here’s something I read that was amazing (soul shattering): there are assholes in every race. I read that and I was like wow! How can this be? 

Like wow! Blew my fucking mind! Like every race has jerks? I mean holy fucking shit! This is profound. I had zero idea with my white thinking. I just thought we were like the only ones. out there? There are other people in other countries with other cultures?

thats some deep shit man. %#^=€

They’re not particularly dangerous, and that’s a risk that should be on the cop rather than the civilian. Keep on boot licking though.

It's clear that our law enforcement officers in this country are not at all properly trained. They don't know the law, and they don't know how to handle persons who have broken said law. 

I'm going to go out on a limb that the police academies all over the country actually are the issue here and we are arguing over stupid shit completely downstream from the main issue. 

I'm also thinking to myself constantly - what is so fucking serious about these crimes that requires the authorities to resolve the situation in such immediate fashion? I'm not saying cops should be lazy, but this isn't the wild west anymore - these people have cell phones that track where they are all the time. They have a database of known addresses or where their vehicle is registered. There's a fucking shitload of ways to find this person later on and hold them accountable for non-violent crimes. 

Now if you are committing a violent crime or that is what the call is about, I think there should be a violent crimes division that handles it. The nature of violent crimes very quickly escalates to FAAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

You want detective teams staking out apartment complexes for speeding tickets and rolling stop signs and then having to approach them in their home? Or do you prefer not enforcing the law? 

Maybe we should just give them a couple of years and ask them nicely to turn themselves in, that should do it.

26 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So how did they kill the criminal? Slingshots?

With guns you idiot. All i'm saying is that the gun really didn't help the guy who literally got ambushed and would have been dead either way. Maybe next time post a situation where the cop having a gun actually helped to save his life instead of......that.

4 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

You want detective teams staking out apartment complexes for speeding tickets and rolling stop signs and then having to approach them in their home? Or do you prefer not enforcing the law? 

Maybe we should just give them a couple of years and ask them nicely to turn themselves in, that should do it.

That's just childish. Stop being a child.

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

we are arguing over stupid shit completely downstream from the main issue.

you mean just looking at limited final outcomes, make blind extrapolation, and cry outrage without root analysis? 

sir, ill have you know, we never do any such things here!

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

you mean just looking at limited final outcomes, make blind extrapolation, and cry outrage without root analysis? 

sir, ill have you know, we never do any such things here!

Either that or looking at someone's post that suggests a different way of doing things and childishly summing up their post as "hurr durr i guess we just shouldn't enforce the law then".

Just now, Enchubben said:

My bad, please return to your discussion on how removing guns from police officers is the path forward because one of them got killed by a criminal with a gun.

That has literally nothing to do with the post you quoted, nor the post that you made that i called you a child for making.

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I can say without guilt shame hesitation or reservation I appreciate those individuals that are there to protect us. My friend (as featured) is a paramedic. She rolls and now flies into situations unknown. She has been kicked, spit on, bitten, sat on, strangled, called bitch repeatedly. Still does the job. Saving lives. I may not have the experience with law enforcement or 911 for that matter but at some point people have to actually accept responsibility for their own shit and take better care of their own. 

7F53DF46-2EBF-4D07-A443-AC9412F5032E.jpeg

D27B95DF-C1BF-47D3-8C84-EFEB10C8BAA1.jpeg

Shock, Trauma, Air Rescue   It seems like it is in the job description.  Glad we have people like her.