Army Drill Sgt. and his cunt wife hassle an innocent black guy

Gil Bang

Charged with assault and battery

https://www.abccolumbia.com/2021/04/14/live-richland-county-sheriff-leon-lott-updates-the-community-on-incident-in-the-summit-community/

Sheriff Lott: Fort Jackson soldier charged with assault and battery for incident in the Summit community

COLUMBIA, SC (WOLO)– A viral video has drawn the attention of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department and Fort Jackson. The video shows an altercation between a white man and a black man in front of a home in the Summit, a neighborhood in northeast Richland County.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott held a press conference about the video seen by so many. The sheriff identified the white man in the video as Jonathan Pentland and said he has been charged with assault and battery third degree.

Fort Jackson officials say Pentland in the video is stationed at Fort Jackson. The base released a statement, which said the behavior in the video is “not consistent with army values.” Fort Jackson’s commanding general, Brigadier General Milford Beagle says, “thank you to the community for bringing this to our attention and we will get to the bottom of this ASAP.”

Officials with Fort Jackson later released a second statement, saying “the leaders at Fort Jackson in no way condone the behavior depicted in the video posted recently,” said Fort Jackson Commander Brig. Gen. Milford Beagle, Jr.  “This action deeply impacts our community–the neighbors in the Summit, the city of Columbia, Richland & Lexington counties, and our Army family,” Beagle said.  “I ask that our communities and leaders exercise a degree of patience, affording Sherriff Lott and law enforcement investigators to account for the full measure of events before, during, and after the incident that was recorded.”

Good, now dishonorably discharge his ass.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Jackson's CG is black, so that is going over well, I'm sure.

Also, I was around a lot of Drill Sergeants outside of basic/AIT, and it always felt to me like there were two kinds - those that were professional as hell, had their shit squared away, and this was something they were doing to advance their career..

And then there was another kind who lived for being a Drill Sergeant. Maybe they saw Full Metal Jacket or an Officer and a Gentleman one too many times. They were insufferable, and thankfully they were (still are?) limited to 2-3 years as a Drill Sergeant.

On a side note, the Drill Sergeant academy is/was at Jackson. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Part of the problem, imo, is that there are too many ex-military in the civilian police force. At worst, and all too often, they view the public as the enemy. 

Unfortunately, everybody should know and realize that as it currently stands the police are NOT there to help you. They are para-military hacks who view us civilians as the problem/enemy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I'm sure that there are several police departments trying to recruit him as we post.

If he's dishonorably discharged, nope.  Even a general discharge is probably frowned upon. And if he somehow got an honorable, and you were a city hiring cops, a guy like that screams "I'M GOING TO COST THE CITY MILLIONS IN LAWSUITS IN A VERY SHORT TIME!" as well as "I'M GOING TO MAKE THE POLICE CHIEF AND MAYOR ANSWER UNCOMFORTABLE QUESTIONS IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA!"

And that brings up something else - even though it wasn't on a base, and didn't involved another soldier, he is in far more trouble with the Army for what happened in that video, than many cops who abuse the shit out of their authority would be.

And thankfully, he doesn't have a union who is going to fight tooth and nail to get him reinstated.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

what was the black kid doing? Walking in the wrong cul de sac?

he was strolling somewhere through this place, The Lakes at Barony Place by D.R. Horton, and this valiant homeowner, who knows all of the nearby residents by sight, thought that he may be causing trouble, for reasons

image.thumb.png.c29f178655cdc11c2f2fdf36225c5910.png

• Haha 1

Hopefully, the guy will lose the gravy train he got started on a long time ago. Paycheck, housing allowance, whatever GI Bill he could’ve used for tuition to learn a skill not involving yelling or intimidation, and whatever pension he may have been eligible coming up for. Hope he remembers whatever skill he was supposed to have learned in the military instead of being a dickhead. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

As much as I detest cell phones, everyone carrying a camera has some real upside. Sure we’ve been rendered more shallow, vain and easily distracted as a people, but at least the unvarnished everyday suffering of black folks has been put on blast. That is a real and profoundly meaningful good.

Indeed.  Shit, remember the Rodney King deal?  If you had told me that a dozen cops would stand around and do nothing while 3 or 4 others beat a black man with sticks, I would have said that you were crazy.  Then, I saw it with my own eyes, and I've never been the same since. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

So, my kid was a DS at Jackson until late last year.  I'm fucking dying to find out if he knows this prick, but he's unavailable for a few weeks (in a school). 

So he's a Staff Sergeant and 42.

I could be wrong, it's been 20+ years since I was in, but that seems old.  Either he enlisted at a later age (very possible), or got out and then came back, or he's been fucking around and finding out in the Army.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

He’ll be wearing a vest at Home Depot in 6 months 

Nah, he's too jacked for that. First he'll try private security like a G4S where all of the ex-military guys riding a desk at a corporate office or warehouse won't give two shits for his Rambo bullshit.

Then he'll realize he can't just crack the skulls of POC walking the halls so after he gets shit canned from his $17.50 an hour patrol job he'll decide he wants to get back into real, frontline stuff and try the prison guard routine for awhile. Odds are 50-50 that he becomes a drug mule within 6 months.

So Home Depot midnight parking lot patrol is probably 3-4 years down the road. Then he'll show you what he can do if you don't put your cart back in the corral (which would be the only honorable thing he's likely ever done in his life).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So he's a Staff Sergeant and 42.

I could be wrong, it's been 20+ years since I was in, but that seems old.  Either he enlisted at a later age (very possible), or got out and then came back, or he's been fucking around and finding out in the Army.

My kid went in as E-1 at 21 and made Sgt. First Class by 32, but he's very focused and doesn't do dumb shit. 

Edit:  redid the math

Edited by Gil Bang