Shelter in place message in NW Austin?

Brisketexan

I mean, if ever there was a case where life in prison would be worse than death, I’d think this is it. A child molesting cop isn’t going to fare well in prison.
Except the conditions of death row are far worse than those in general population.

I think again of Guy Allen and the horrific details of his double murder back in 2002 and then scoff at his smiling selfie attached to his public plea for a pen pal to help ease his loneliness on death row.

http://www.handsoffcain.info/notizia/usa-texas-guy-allen-seeking-pen-pal-60315490

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Look, he had not been convicted of anything to that point. We don't want the criminal justice system to treat the accused as guilty. I think the judge was applying the correct principles there. But I do wonder where he got the gun from. 

Whoever provided him with the gun should be charged with three murders as well. Just like the getaway driver at a bank robbery gone bad.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I think he was hoping for an Ivan & Magnum see the sunrise and Magnum puts him out of his misery kinda moment.  Now it's just being beaten into a prison coma.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I would prefer that he keep his campaign promise -- I share his concerns about the mechanism of the death penalty across the board.  And the point is that we shouldn't have it at all....even for SOBs that really, really deserve it.  Just have real-deal life without parole, bury them under the prison, and be done with it.

Sending an ex-cop to TDC is enough of a death sentence.

• Like 1

Just now, Lobo said:

I think he was hoping for an Ivan & Magnum see the sunrise and Magnum puts him out of his misery kinda moment.  Now it's just being beaten into a prison coma.

It sure is a pretty sunrise. Too bad Broderick isn’t a vampire. Oh well. I hope that they still go forward with the sexual assault case even though the victim is dead. He deserves to be a convicted sex offender where he’s going to be living. This has happened a few times (guy murders woman accusing him of rape and murders her) and prosecutors still went forward at trial. 

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Sending an ex-cop to TDC is enough of a death sentence.

The cop part isnt really that big of a target depending on what you did/your dept, but the rape of a family member might be a bit of an issue I wouldn’t want on my forehead if I had time to do.  

• Like 1

Good point Nicole44, I hope they label him as child molester first.  Then try him for murder.  Then drop him off with all 4 sentences weighing over his head and a big fucking sticker on chest that says, "I used to be a Cop!" as they march him into cell block C.  The game will be who can beat him into a coma, but not kill him.  The longer you can get him to stay in the coma, the more canteen money you get! 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm very curious about the getaway details. Did he drive away and the cops think he was on foot in the area or did he successfully WALK all the way to Manor/Elgin? That's crazy if so.

Ya. Hopefully, we will get some more details on that. 

16 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I'm very curious about the getaway details. Did he drive away and the cops think he was on foot in the area or did he successfully WALK all the way to Manor/Elgin? That's crazy if so.

Lime scooter. You'd never suspect a guy on a Lime scooter. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I want to know more about the protective order. They're generally not worth the paper they're printed on as the police have no obligation to enforce them. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that she called the cops on this asshole multiple times for violating it and that they ignored her.

Usually.  Gonna be a damn shame when that prison mis-labels his paperwork during his first week and he's put in general population for awhile until it all gets sorted out.  

That video showed the look of a man that knows he better do the Frank Drebin defense. 

"Just think, the next time I shoot someone...I could be arrested." 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Good point Nicole44, I hope they label him as child molester first.  Then try him for murder.  Then drop him off with all 4 sentences weighing over his head and a big fucking sticker on chest that says, "I used to be a Cop!" as they march him into cell block C.  The game will be who can beat him into a coma, but not kill him.  The longer you can get him to stay in the coma, the more canteen money you get! 

Pin it to win it MRR Die Hard Giveaway - We'll be back to pick you up in  fifteen minutes. Take your time. I expect to be dead… | Hard movie, Bruce

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I mean, if ever there was a case where life in prison would be worse than death, I’d think this is it. A child molesting cop isn’t going to fare well in prison.

I know it might be more likely at Texags, but anyone got any connections in the prison system to where we could crowd source a shanking?

Him showing up dead in his cell at some point with "Stephen Broderick is not our standard" carved into his forehead Aldo Raine style would kind of, like, make my fucking day.

Oh well. I hope that they still go forward with the sexual assault case even though the victim is dead. He deserves to be a convicted sex offender where he’s going to be living.

Speculation on this thread is that he diddled the younger daughter he didn't murder also.

2 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Speculation on this thread is that he diddled the younger daughter he didn't murder also.

Yeh I have read that. On this thread. But he has two kids (according to court records and articles): Alyssa (deceased/murdered) and a 6 year old son (he had once a month visitation). Only one daughter. The 6 year old boy was at the scene. According to an eye witness who was driving past the complex a small boy ran up to her car. She stopped and he pointed. She looked where he was pointing and saw a body lying on the ground (Willie’s body.) 

what he did to the 16 year old was damn bad enough. Now he has left a 6 year old boy an orphan with images of his mother, sister and her boyfriend being murdered before his eyes. 

Hope they will still proceed with the sexual assault case against him as it pertains to Alyssa. Haven’t been able to find another daughter but that doesn’t mean anything. Lots of the articles repeat the same shit and are poorly written. 

• Like 1

Of course he’ll be segregated from the gen pop. Double whammy, a former cop and child molester.

One can only hope that there’s a “security breach” that allows a lifer to get to him and bash in his brains. Or, they leave bedsheets for him to off himself.

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Here is his mugshot from today. You can see the tattoo fully. “Expect No Mercy.” I hope Karma makes him her bitch. Yep I do. 

F6BF7533-898C-4B4E-A9DA-9CE424957A2F.jpeg

I was thinking "Show no mercy", but it didn't look right with the script and spacing. 

Fuck this mother fucker. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Really shocked that this coward didn't kill himself.

Yeah, he had all the hallmarks of a suicidal asshole.  And he certainly had the opportunities in the 18 hours between the crime and his apprehension.  Even if he ran out of ammo, he could have just jumped out in front of traffic or gone out suicide by cop. 

I hope they at least beat it out of him where he got the weapon(s).  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I hope they at least beat it out of him where he got the weapon(s).  

This ex-LEO just killed his ex-wife, her daughter (that he sexually abused), and her boyfriend.

He didn't threaten anyone trying to make it across the blue line to get home with their families.  

He ain't get shit beat out of him. 

CBS local news just said The suspect was there for his monthly visitation for his son. He opened fire on them at that time. Appears he had a vehicle at that point. He will be charged with capital murder. 

Elgin ISD Superintendent Dr. Jodi Duron said Simmons “represented the very best of Elgin ISD” and was a National Honor Society member.

“He was an exceptional young man and leader among his peers,” Duron said.

“Willie Simmons was exactly the kind of young man that every college coach wants to recruit,” North Texas head football coach Seth Littrell tweeted Monday. “His athletic talent was obvious, but his personal character, his selfless attitude and his passion for life made him a natural leader and the perfect teammate.”

Former AAU basketball coach Stephanie Whitley-Yell lovingly referred to Alyssa as a “beast” on the court. She said her star athlete was a bright young woman who was extremely coachable.

“Amanda, Willie and Alyssa, may they rest in peace and please let’s get justice for them this time,” Whitley-Yell said. “I want justice for her. Because they all deserve justice. We cannot fail them. We cannot fail them again.”
——————

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/elgin-isd-one-current-student-and-one-former-student-killed-in-sunday-shooting-in-northwest-austin/

In June 2020, Stephen Broderick, formerly a detective with the Travis County Sheriff's Office, was arrested and charged with sexual assault of a child. According to court documents, Broderick has been indicted with nine counts of sexual assault of a child, all of which happened with one child.

Court documents also show he allegedly strangled a family member, and has been indicted on three counts of family violence assault.

He had an ankle monitor when he was released following the June 2020 charge, but it was later taken off.

https://www.kvue.com/mobile/article/news/local/stephen-broderick-alyssa-broderick-willie-simmons-domestic-violence/269-ae48e908-4b95-4730-8c6d-311635f92705

Because this deserves repeating:

Broderick's wife applied for a protective order after his arrest, saying she was worried for her and her children's safety. 

"I'm afraid he will try to hurt me or my children, because these allegations have come out and he may lose his career," she said in the application. "Stephen has prior military experience and is SWAT trained. If he wanted to hurt someone, he would know how."

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

He never should have been allowed near those kids. 

Yep yep yep.

The details are fairly thin at this point.

Most articles saying that POS was allowed once a month visitation with his 6 year old son from 12:00 to 4:00 pm. Which was Sundays.

first 911 call goes out at 11:42 am. First responding LE arrived at 11:46 am. Been reading some stuff that he was lying in wait. That the drop off was to happen at another location and that Willie may have come along because he wanted to be there for Amanda and Alyssa’s protection. Which squares with everything I have been reading about that young man.

Why would Amanda even have to facilitate a drop off for visitation? This is an epic failure. 

Imagine if we tightened up the laws on gun sales (like, strict liability for a sale or transfer to someone under a court order not to have a firearm), and treated illegal gun sales as harshly as we treated illegal drug sales?  Then the only folks we'd have trafficking firearms would be bona fide bad guys, and we could bury them under the jail in the space we used to have reserved for a guy with a baggie of weed.
But we won't.
we'd be flooded with guns just like we're flooded with drugs. gun control dont work.
  • Hook 'Em 1