Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Becton has seemed to be pretty good so far. We don't have a ton of soft tissue injuries and we have been able to run the ball when the box is not loaded with a pretty shitty line. JWhit, as an example, has had a good healthy season so far until he broke a bone, but there is nothing S&C can do about that. 

On paper, PK, Sark, Flood, etc. is and was a solid move, even though CTJ is jumping up and down with his little yosemite sam legs yelling otherwise. But you, in particular,  seem to be in a very special zone of recency biased vaginitis and should seek medical attention if the symptoms persist for more than 4 hours. 

Not once on this board or in real life have I ever represented that Sarkisian's staff had poor hires on it, on paper. Literally, you cannot find a single instance in which I pointed at Flood or PK as a bad hire "on paper". I have said that after 9+ months, yeah, the PK hire isn't like the home run that it was. That's called having eyes and a brain and watching the games. Watching anyone defend what the dude has done so far has been laughable. 

As to Sarkisian himself being a bad hire? That is absolutely true. I didn't like the hire, said as much, and have continued to reinforce that I thought it was a shit hire. Then, he hired, on paper, a pretty good staff which gave me some hope. Now, we've seen little fruit borne from the "great staff" he assembled. I had some hope and optimism for about 7 months, and it was nice. Since September 11, I've seen a reboot to the same horror film we've been subjected to for the prior 11 years. 

So, no, the assertion that I claimed the hires of the assistants was a bad thing is bullshit and revisionist. And yes, I said Sarkisian was a shit hire and I am comfortable with maintaining that position. You and the other guys can continue to preach patience and sing his praises, and that's fine. I'll keep watching and hope you're actually right. But when he's shitcanned after his 4th consecutive 7 win season and Texas is still in the spin cycle of college football retreads, I will absolutely take dark, petty, cold comfort in getting to mock all of you for it. 

I did enjoy the Yosemite Sam imagery though. It made me laugh.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not once on this board or in real life have I ever represented that Sarkisian's staff had poor hires on it, on paper. Literally, you cannot find a single instance in which I pointed at Flood or PK as a bad hire "on paper". I have said that after 9+ months, yeah, the PK hire isn't like the home run that it was. That's called having eyes and a brain and watching the games. Watching anyone defend what the dude has done so far has been laughable. 

As to Sarkisian himself being a bad hire? That is absolutely true. I didn't like the hire, said as much, and have continued to reinforce that I thought it was a shit hire. Then, he hired, on paper, a pretty good staff which gave me some hope. Now, we've seen little fruit borne from the "great staff" he assembled. I had some hope and optimism for about 7 months, and it was nice. Since September 11, I've seen a reboot to the same horror film we've been subjected to for the prior 11 years. 

So, no, the assertion that I claimed the hires of the assistants was a bad thing is bullshit and revisionist. And yes, I said Sarkisian was a shit hire and I am comfortable with maintaining that position. You and the other guys can continue to preach patience and sing his praises, and that's fine. I'll keep watching and hope you're actually right. But when he's shitcanned after his 4th consecutive 7 win season and Texas is still in the spin cycle of college football retreads, I will absolutely take dark, petty, cold comfort in getting to mock all of you for it. 

The important thing is that you take a position.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I knew this would get a rise out of you and it made me laugh. You have been pretty consistent the whole way through, I am just not quite as down on Sarkisian as you are to this point. I feel like multiple years under Saban and the NFL have taught him a few things about being a HC and you can see he is far more mature than his previous coaching stints. That said, results are results and we need to see some. Even if we muddle our way through the rest of the year but then take a chainsaw to the roster in the offseason and close strong in the portal and in recruiting, I will still be on the wagon and optimistic. If we relive this shit again next year without discernible improvement, then I will gladly join the firing squad. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I knew this would get a rise out of you and it made me laugh. You have been pretty consistent the whole way through, I am just not quite as down on Sarkisian as you are to this point. I feel like multiple years under Saban and the NFL have taught him a few things about being a HC and you can see he is far more mature than his previous coaching stints. That said, results are results and we need to see some. Even if we muddle our way through the rest of the year but then take a chainsaw to the roster in the offseason and close strong in the portal and in recruiting, I will still be on the wagon and optimistic. If we relive this shit again next year without discernible improvement, then I will gladly join the firing squad. 

Texas football is that crazy bitch you just can’t give up

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I would like to take this opportunity to dispel the prevailing notion on this site that Sarkisian's time in the NFL was a good thing. The guy took over the leading offense in the NFL, immediately helmed the reduction in that unit's output the following year by 34% (almost 12 full points less per game) and then had the offense middling again in 2018 before being unceremoniously dumped on his ass and fired to end the 2018 season. He was a pure, uncut, abject failure as an OC in the pros. 

So, yeah, I think what he learned about the NFL is that he can't cut it there and that he should crawl back into the warm embrace of his mentor (who knows a thing or two about not being able to make it in the NFL also) and the mentor's safe space. Then the guy had 4 WR #1 draft picks to play with along with #1 picks at TB, QB, and OL. He then beat the everliving shit out of a grossly overrated SEC for two consecutive years. 

After that, the fart-huffing knobslobbers pulling the strings at Texas, high off of their own hubris, decided that they had to have him, and here we are. Other than the inflated performance as OC at Alabama, there is very little to derive any justification for faith in this guy as a HC. I mean, Steve Sarkisian and Howard Schnellenberger are the only HCs in CFB over the last 30 years that have actually been fired for getting shithoused on the job and coaching the team during games with a BAC above .2. This may be the guy that should actually engender the least amount of trust of anyone they could have picked. It's all just wishcasting. I get it, but that's all it is. 

• Haha 1

I would like to take this opportunity to dispel the prevailing notion on this site that Sarkisian's time in the NFL was a good thing. The guy took over the leading offense in the NFL, immediately helmed the reduction in that unit's output the following year by 34% (almost 12 full points less per game) and then had the offense middling again in 2018 before being unceremoniously dumped on his ass and fired to end the 2018 season. He was a pure, uncut, abject failure as an OC in the pros. 
So, yeah, I think what he learned about the NFL is that he can't cut it there and that he should crawl back into the warm embrace of his mentor (who knows a thing or two about not being able to make it in the NFL also) and the mentor's safe space. Then the guy had 4 WR #1 draft picks to play with along with #1 picks at TB, QB, and OL. He then beat the everliving shit out of a grossly overrated SEC for two consecutive years. 
After that, the fart-huffing knobslobbers pulling the strings at Texas, high off of their own hubris, decided that they had to have him, and here we are. Other than the inflated performance as OC at Alabama, there is very little to derive any justification for faith in this guy as a HC. I mean, Steve Sarkisian and Howard Schnellenberger are the only HCs in CFB over the last 30 years that have actually been fired for getting shithoused on the job and coaching the team during games with a BAC above .2. This may be the guy that should actually engender the least amount of trust of anyone they could have picked. It's all just wishcasting. I get it, but that's all it is. 

So who did you want as HC?

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

As of now, there’s no way Tepper would fire him. The issue is that the Panthers are going downhill fast and have no QB solution going forward. Just wait until late December/early January and see what he might do if they’re 5-12 or worse with no good QBs in the ‘22 class.

I'm long on scented oils and aromatherapy candles in the Charlotte metro area

4 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

So who did you want as HC?

We’ve addressed this in this thread within the last 3-5 pages. No one. After Meyer, I was fine with Herman being gone and then figuring something out. I honestly didn’t believe that hiring this guy was a legitimate possibility.

Honestly though, what difference does it make? If people wanted the guy and were excited by the hire, good for them and no source of shame in my book. I laughed when USC hired Pete Carroll and thought Justin Fuente would crush it at VT. Predicting shit is hard, seeing shit for what it is, is not. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We’ve addressed this in this thread within the last 3-5 pages. No one. After Meyer, I was fine with Herman being gone and then figuring something out. I honestly didn’t believe that hiring this guy was a legitimate possibility.
Honestly though, what difference does it make? If people wanted the guy and were excited by the hire, good for them and no source of shame in my book. I laughed when USC hired Pete Carroll and thought Justin Fuente would crush it at VT. Predicting shit is hard, seeing shit for what it is, is not. 

My bad for working and not reading back 3-5 pages. Thanks for the answer, it wasn’t a trick question.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I pray to God your wrong. If you're not, I will change my user name to:

ijustshovedclosetojumpingintotheabyssandthenjumpedthefuckoffrightafterhim

I'm not sure my liver can take it.

After the OSU game I was actively trying to recruit hot coeds for the OL. Those little cock blockers would be better on the field than what we put out there.

I was overserved...by choice.

Somebody give me some good news...

Hook'em 

3 hours ago, George Clooney said:

I never said he was leaving on his own accord. Don’t underestimate the Panthers owner; he wants to win quickly and will make drastic moves if he doesn’t think Rhule has them moving forward.

Well I can assure you I won’t overestimate your intelligence based upon your view of the Matt Rhule situation. 

12 minutes ago, BigSwingingD said:

I pray to God your wrong. If you're not, I will change my user name to:

ijustshovedclosetojumpingintotheabyssandthenjumpedthefuckoffrightafterhim

I'm not sure my liver can take it.

After the OSU game I was actively trying to recruit hot coeds for the OL. Those little cock blockers would be better on the field than what we put out there.

I was overserved...by choice.

Somebody give me some good news...

Hook'em 

There’s a massive opportunity for a Texas Football branded mobile IV therapy business that offers 10% discount with proof of prior day’s attendance.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Not that people take you too seriously to begin with, but come on man. That squad has never recovered from the failed SB against Brady. They also had a lot of injuries, the worst thing one could say is that he relied too much on Matt Ryan and got him hit too much as a result. Even the dude who replaced him did much worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Not that people take you too seriously to begin with, but come on man. That squad has never recovered from the failed SB against Brady. They also had a lot of injuries, the worst thing one could say is that he relied too much on Matt Ryan and got him hit too much as a result. Even the dude who replaced him did much worse. 

Hahahahahahaha. 

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Dude, get the fuck out of here making excuses for the guy’s two year tenure as a shitty NFL OC. It is paradoxical to simultaneously tout the guy’s NFL stint as valuable and also disclaim his stint as a failed OC in the NFL. 

i just find it very hard to believe that Tepper is willing to eat $50m and change and fire a coach after he has been on the job less than 2 years. plus the $6ish mil they paid to buy him out of Baylor.
that's just SO much money and is admitting you made a huge mistake - then add in how bad it looks when he goes and takes a good college job right after he gets fired...
i think Klatt is the one who said he wasn't all in on the NFL, and while i like Klatt a lot...folks generally don't walk away from ~$50m for much of anything.

I’m not saying Rhule is leaving but he wouldnt be walking away from ~$50m…..he would probably have a contract worth more than that at Penn State.

So he’s be switching the $50m payor. That’s it.

59 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

There’s a massive opportunity for a Texas Football branded mobile IV therapy business that offers 10% discount with proof of prior day’s attendance.

That's actually a good idea. User name totaly checks out.

We can call it closetorehab.

Hook'em 

Edited by BigSwingingD
Spelling and shit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I’m not saying Rhule is leaving but he wouldnt be walking away from ~$50m…..he would probably have a contract worth more than that at Penn State.

So he’s be switching the $50m payor. That’s it.

He seemed pretty set on getting out of college so I don't think he's going to leave after only 2 years. The biggest queation will be if Brady gets canned this year. His shine seems to have worn off in the NFL but he'd be the biggest coordinator available at the college level this off-season. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

As I recall, you have previously on this forum in 2019, referred to Matt Campbell as a homerun hire.......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

And btw, Sark's story here isnt already written. He has good odds to draw an Ace in Manning, but if he loses out there I'm looking towards the future. Even with Manning, he's going to have to flip our roster through the portal. 

As far as recruiting goes, count how many top 50 players we have committed and set your expectations accordingly. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

And btw, Sark's story here isnt already written. He has good odds to draw an Ace in Manning, but if he loses out there I'm looking towards the future. Even with Manning, he's going to have to flip our roster through the portal.  As far as recruiting goes, count how many top 50 players we have committed and set your expectations accordingly. 

If you really dig into the personnel of this current Texas roster, it's got a long ways to go to compete with a team like Bama.

How many players on this current UT team could even compete for a two-deep spot at Bama??

The answer could probably be counted on 1 hand.

That's forty-four spots on the Bama two-deep, and less than 5 current Texas players would have a shot to earn one of those spots.    

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

And btw, Sark's story here isnt already written. He has good odds to draw an Ace in Manning, but if he loses out there I'm looking towards the future. Even with Manning, he's going to have to flip our roster through the portal. 

As far as recruiting goes, count how many top 50 players we have committed and set your expectations accordingly. 

He needs to hit the portal and find some decent linemen. 

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If you really dig into the personnel of this current Texas roster, it's got a long ways to go to compete with a team like Bama.

How many players on this current UT team could even compete for a two-deep spot at Bama??

The answer could probably be counted on 1 hand.

That's forty-four spots on the Bama two-deep, and less than 5 current Texas players would have a shot to earn one of those spots.    

And theyre coming to our house next season. Game will get hyped through the roof as this clash of cfb powers. But in reality its a middling Big 12 roster versus an entire squad of fuck lions. And we will have all of these fans and donors that pretend like it isnt our standard when we dont keep up. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

49 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

What personally pissed me off the most though, is getting good information that Sark was really surprised at the lack of alum support he has at Texas.

I assume you are talking about weak bag game here.  Anyone paying casual attention to recruiting the last few years, including a prospective coach who was in the middle of it, should have known this was the case.  So strikes me as not very believable.  

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I assume you are talking about weak bag game here.  Anyone paying casual attention to recruiting the last few years, including a prospective coach who was in the middle of it, should have known this was the case.  So strikes me as not very believable.  

I think misrepresentations were made by cherry picking what went on during Herman's tenure. 

Also the false message that we have built in desire to get things going. We dont even know what it means. 

Edited by Barbacoa

And theyre coming to our house next season. Game will get hyped through the roof as this clash of cfb powers. But in reality its a middling Big 12 roster versus an entire squad of fuck lions. And we will have all of these fans and donors that pretend like it isnt our standard when we dont keep up. 

At least it probably won’t be an 11am kickoff.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting