Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

51 minutes ago, LonghornLurker said:

I’m glad we have a guy who really knows how to seal the deal as we reach the second half of the recruiting season. 

Yep.

Yeah, I'm a little worried myself. But, we have pussies on the team and Flood has been recruiting his ass off, so let's see if he can land some linemen that don't have to wear pads in their panties 

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

Cam Dewberry and five other state of Texas recruits are on a common text thread. They might all go together. 

Oh snap. That would be dope af

Edit: assuming it's Texas. If it's not, I hope for a slew of ACL/MCL tears 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

16 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

@KnoxtnhornHow common is it for high school kids to be in alternative school for failed drug tests? Curious for personal knowledge. 

If you want to spread your net about posters with personal experience for being in alternative schools, I could also suggest RealGregGym. Just because he's old and backwards doesn't mean he isn't also developmentally challenged. 

15 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

I heard that the player was Montrell Estell, has that not been confirmed? And that DC analyst bit is not good news about PK, but it might indicate staff changes are on the horizon.

I had the exact opposite reaction to this, shockingly. It shows that the staff is willing to reach out for assistance early and not have an ego about it, not even waiting for the season to end. I dont think it's indicative of staff changes, and I don't think it's a negative, I think it's a positive. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Oh I cannot fucking wait for the meltdown on Surly if Texas takes a theater major OT.

Also never really occurred to me Cosmi, Green, and Dewberry all went to Atascosita. Not to mention Kelvin Banks in the same immediate area. Must be all the brodozer exhaust.

You don't remember the 20 stories a year or two ago about how Cosmi and Green were both regularly lifting weights with Dewberry? Well ok. I'll let you guess how that worked out for us. 

10 hours ago, alphahorn said:

What do you guys know about this group of 6 recruits that are on a text chain and stay close per Gerry Hamilton.  Anyone know the names?

Yes. Don't bother getting your dick hard over it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you want to spread your net about posters with personal experience for being in alternative schools, I could also suggest RealGregGym. Just because he's old and backwards doesn't mean he isn't also developmentally challenged. 

I had the exact opposite reaction to this, shockingly. It shows that the staff is willing to reach out for assistance early and not have an ego about it, not even waiting for the season to end. I dont think it's indicative of staff changes, and I don't think it's a negative, I think it's a positive. 

@dcar00, try this positive approach and quit being a bleeding vagina lulz. 

16 hours ago, ousux said:
16 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:
I heard that the player was Montrell Estell, has that not been confirmed? And that DC analyst bit is not good news about PK, but it might indicate staff changes are on the horizon.

Not sure why IT would refuse to release the name if they know it, the Supreme court ended any illusion of college sports being amateur. Beyond that, they are only still kids while they're in high school..once they enroll in college that status ends. We're talking about 18-19 year olds who could potentially make 6 figures with NIL, and 3 years away from a shot at much more than that in the NFL.

DC analyst is GREAT news, finally a staff that can look past their own dicks to see that they need help.

No one should release the name, there is no need for a giant witch hunt. Once the name is out there, that kids life is effectively fucked. No one will want him in the portal, I mean what coach would want a kid that would do something like that. That doesnt even include the wrath of the mouth breathing tweet crooters on twitter who will blow his shit up and probably his family and friends. Good for IT for not blabbing this shit unlike the other 995ers (For reference, they also had the Quinn shit and even Texas to the SEC stuff before anyone)

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Let's hope. A Banks / Dewberry combo would help soooo much. I don't see that happening but it would definitely be a foundational step to getting things right on our O-line.

Dewberry is gone homeboy.  Think best case scenario is flipping Banks, Cam. Signing Neto and Campbell

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Best served cold said:

So what have you heard about Dewberry that makes you think he's gone? Wasn't he a lean back in the summer? Do you think he's going the way of K. Green?

@Barbacoa

Also our best shot a good OL class is as the poster said:

1) Flip Banks, if we can

2) Sign Campbell

3) Sign one of Neto/Agbo/Greene

The first two would be a damn good class for us along with the two guys we already have. The 3rd would be a cherry on top.

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@Barbacoa

Also our best shot a good OL class is as the poster said:

1) Flip Banks, if we can

2) Sign Campbell

3) Sign one of Neto/Agbo/Greene

The first two would be a damn good class for us along with the two guys we already have. The 3rd would be a cherry on top.

be really really nice to flip Cam Williams as well

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Best served cold said:

So what have you heard about Dewberry that makes you think he's gone? Wasn't he a lean back in the summer? Do you think he's going the way of K. Green?

Not just Barbacoa.. but they reported how he drove to CS on his own with his parents taking a separate vehicle so he can see how much of a trip it is.  Be interesting if he does the same Saturday to Austin

I think we're going to basically have to guarantee playing time/starting spot and a USB of shibacoin to get Banks at this point...

LOL at anyone thinking Dewberry is seriously considering us.  He's getting a bag from aggy just like Kenyon Green and his been basically a silent to them early in his recruitment. 

I have no idea what to think of Neto and I don't think anyone else has either.  I think actions speak louder than words and he always seems to bail on his visits last minute so that should give you a hint.

I think or best shot is with Campbell and this one should have been locked up months ago like we should have with Denver Harris.  The fact that he still hasn't committed should tell you he's looking for any reason not to come here.  I fully expect Campbell to end up at ou.

Not to be a negative nancy, but this year is looking more like last year where we chase our primary targets the whole cycle to be left with holding our dicks in our hand at the end.  With that said, this OL doesn't need inexperienced freshman.  We need to hit up the fucking portal and get some players that have matured physically and have proven themselves in college.  That is the only quick fix for this OL. 

16 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I think we're going to basically have to guarantee playing time/starting spot and a USB of shibacoin to get Banks at this point...

LOL at anyone thinking Dewberry is seriously considering us.  He's getting a bag from aggy just like Kenyon Green and his been basically a silent to them early in his recruitment. 

I have no idea what to think of Neto and I don't think anyone else has either.  I think actions speak louder than words and he always seems to bail on his visits last minute so that should give you a hint.

I think or best shot is with Campbell and this one should have been locked up months ago like we should have with Denver Harris.  The fact that he still hasn't committed should tell you he's looking for any reason not to come here.  I fully expect Campbell to end up at ou.

Not to be a negative nancy, but this year is looking more like last year where we chase our primary targets the whole cycle to be left with holding our dicks in our hand at the end.  With that said, this OL doesn't need inexperienced freshman.  We need to hit up the fucking portal and get some players that have matured physically and have proven themselves in college.  That is the only quick fix for this OL. 

That is the spirit. The good news is if Texas misses out on its top targets on the OL there is more room to for transfers. There is always a silver lining..

15 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Baby Carrots GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Best served cold said:

Dewberry has never even been close to a Texas lean. He likes Texas in a "sure its fun to visit during my recruitment" way. I thought aggy to begin with and I still do but I dont really know. I just know I dont even want him on campus this weekend. He's part of a group of top recruits that talk a lot, we have to court him.

I cant say either way on Banks, but he certainly has sincere interest in Texas. I don't think he ends up at Oregon. I think we get Campbell. No clue on Neto, Greene, or Agbo. I consider our two committed guys to be solid depth additions but nothing to get excited about. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That is the spirit. The good news is if Texas misses out on its top targets on the OL there is more room to for transfers. There is always a silver lining..

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Seems to be their strat. If they can’t get top guys go get college ready guys 

Texas needs both. Transfers for an immediate fix and high school recruits to ensure continuation of quality OL. It will be beyond interesting to see how this will play out.

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas should always have a 5star QB, a 5star RB, a 5star WR, and a 5star LT on the roster. This state supports those numbers easily. That should be a minimum expectation on offense. If we arent absolutely elite on that side of the ball, in this state, then our coach is not doing his job. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I don’t think this is negative because I think chasing the top options only is our only choice right now. Would rather save portal room than take spares. Not that I think portal space will be an issue once Bo is done with these motherfuckers

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Texas needs both. Transfers for an immediate fix and high school recruits to ensure continuation of quality OL. It will be beyond interesting to see how this will play out.

I said that in a half joking manner. I have no delusions that OL recruiting is in the shitter and needs a hail mary to save it.

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Let's hope. A Banks / Dewberry combo would help soooo much. I don't see that happening but it would definitely be a foundational step to getting things right on our O-line.

Hope is one thing. This  is straight up delusional. Neither of those guys are coming here. 

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if we're not already doing this in a truthful way then we're doing it wrong.  i can't think of a position outside of rb1 that we can't make this promise to.

Bijan and Worthy are the only starters guaranteed.  Good luck to the rest competing for the other 9 spots on offense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting