Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Imagine what a kid with 2.1 million Tik Tok Followers and 250,000 Instagram followers could do as part of Kenny Vaccarro's new  Halo Gaming Crew there in Austin:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32760507/kenny-vaccaro-reinvent-turn-attention-esports

That's a pretty good idea, actually. 

Home stretch of the process for five-star CB Denver Harris
STEVE WILTFONG

Spoiler

Home stretch of the process for five-star CB Denver Harris
STEVE WILTFONG

Five-star WR Evan Stewart unlike anything Texas A&M has on the roster

Houston (Texas) North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris’s plan is to announce his college decision on Dec. 15, per old coach Theadis Reagins.

The final four remains the same in Alabama, LSU, Texas and Texas A&M.

“I think he’s trying to figure out some of the moving pieces in the college game and figure out what’s going to be the best fit personality wise and opportunity to play and try and figure that out,” Reagins explained.

Reagins added that he didn’t think Harris would take another official visit after going to Alabama, LSU and Texas in that capacity in the summer. He returned to Austin for a game this fall and attended Texas A&M’s last home game as well. The Aggies are expected in-home this weekend.

LSU assistant Corey Raymond already went by this week and the Tigers are certainly in the thick of this recruitment.

“Coach Raymond has been recruiting him awhile and LSU was one of the first offers he received,” Reagins said. “He’s built this relationship and rapport with Corey Raymond throughout the process and he’s been recruiting him the past two and a half years.”

Harris and his camp will now look into what Brian Kelly means for the LSU program.

“I think it’s intriguing for him,” Reagins said. “Still a lot to learn about Coach Kelly, but I think the glue to that is Coach Raymond.”

Reagins said the opportunity to play in-state is intriguing for both Texas and Texas A&M. He added with the Aggies the SEC is enticing, which obviously will also soon include the Longhorns, and with UT the “opportunity with life after football with Texas that’s intriguing with him.”

Alabama has a lot of similarities to North Shore.

“Alabama being a top-notch school and him coming from a top-notch school in North Shore where I think Coach (Jon) Kay and Coach (Nick) Saban have similar accountability you see in winning programs and I think he wants to hang on to that type of culture in college.”

Harris ranks as the 247Sports Composite’s No. 3 cornerback. He will play in the Under Armour All-American game.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at Dell using money/resources on a student athlete’s shitty “computer idea”. They’ll probably use that money on a student that could code before they could talk. 

That was just an example. If there are better examples out there great. And considering this is Surly, maybe the Pole Assassin could create an internship for appropriate student athletes.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

BTW, for anyone whining about IT/On3, they've been instrumental in helping many pieces move around and align, including on the former athlete end. Like we've said, there's more to come, but everything is moving in the right direction and in big ways. 

I cannot believe how valuable they have been. Those guys deserve a medal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

OU coaching related. We'll see. 

Nice clue.  Assume HC related.  Who would be a 'Wow' hire who hasn't already been hired somewhere else?  Not Urban.  Rhule is a possibility I guess.  Brady maybe?  Though he is supposedly not interested in recruiting and is an 'NFL' guy.

Kiffin?

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Same shit I heard. Rhule to HC and he is bringing Brady with him. That would be a dick punch.

It makes sense from a certain perspective.  They have not had a lot of success in the NFL this year and Brady's reputation seems to be a lot better in college based on 2019 than anything he has done since in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

As far as anyone knows Matt Rhule is getting paid a shit ton by Carolina and has complete control of that team.  He can come back to college anytime he wants - this seems like a strange move for him.  Yes Saban and Petrino did it before him - but still a strange move given what he makes and the control he has in Carolina.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting