Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, J.Peterman said:

Football Scoop reporting Miami about to push for Cristobal.  And that he has a sick mother in Miami that might even play into it (first I'd heard of that angle).  Should help with some OL flips hopefully if it really happens.

He left Oregon the visit her last week in Miami. Had to make it public because he didn’t want it to look bad. Doesn’t sound like she is long for this life and may not be a solid reason for him to leave. 

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

OU people starting to say Aranda will be the hire. I don’t like that at all. 

I think that coaching kids that feel like they have a chip on their shoulder is very different than coaching ones that were 4/5 stars. Different motivation. Baylor is very different than Oklahoma, and who knows if Aranda has that skill set. 

Edited by LOHorn
Autocorrect

2 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

I think that coaching kids that feel like they have a chip on hygiene shoulder is very different than coaching ones that were 4/5 stars. Different motivation. Baylor is very different than Oaklahoma, and who knows if Aranda has that skill set. 

He was a badass at LSU. He knows how to coach talent.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Aranda took an 11-3 team to a 2-7 record, he must really suck.  Am I right?

The hypocrisy on this board can be hilarious. There will be some posters that say this would be an incredible hire when Aranda went 2-7 in his first year and at the same time want to run Sarkisian off in his first year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

I think that coaching kids that feel like they have a chip on their shoulder is very different than coaching ones that were 4/5 stars. Different motivation. Baylor is very different than Oklahoma, and who knows if Aranda has that skill set. 

Especially those 2* kids at LSU

33 minutes ago, J.Peterman said:

Football Scoop reporting Miami about to push for Cristobal.  And that he has a sick mother in Miami that might even play into it (first I'd heard of that angle).  Should help with some OL flips hopefully if it really happens.

According to this board it doesn’t matter “he wasn’t coming here anyway”

17 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The hypocrisy on this board can be hilarious. There will be some posters that say this would be an incredible hire when Aranda went 2-7 in his first year and at the same time want to run Sarkisian off in his first year. 

Recency bias

7 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'd rather have Sark than Cristobal.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

He's talking about Banks potentially flipping if Cristobal leaves Oregon, but other posters saying he was never coming here anyway. Of course, that would still be true if he were to flip because Cristobal leaves Oregon.

Edited by Tex Pete

So many of y’all are so down on Sark that I’m starting to think he will do great things at Texas.  Not ready to write him off after one year but if he his the guy he will have a minimum of 10 wins next year.  If he’s trying to do the Saban 1st year thing then he has to kill it year two.  

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, stork642 said:

So many of y’all are so down on Sark that I’m starting to think he will do great things at Texas.  Not ready to write him off after one year but if he his the guy he will have a minimum of 10 wins next year.  If he’s trying to do the Saban 1st year thing then he has to kill it year two.  

download.jpg

1 minute ago, Viper said:

image.thumb.png.ca53d1c07cbb60677d9a373587ae027e.png

so we should be on the lookout for a quick commitment now? Before Sark has the chance to sit down with Kam?  This is what happened with the Devin Brown recruitment, right?

I'm still holding out hope we can close on not just one.. but three.

I'll be in the corner kneeling on rice 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

so we should be on the lookout for a quick commitment now? Before Sark has the chance to sit down with Kam?  This is what happened with the Devin Brown recruitment, right?

You need to be kneeling in the corner praying all this gets better 

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

From what Gerry said, that is Jimbo's plan, yes like what he did with Stewart. So far Dewberry hasn't followed suit, and Sark will get his in home with him next week.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

From what Gerry said, that is Jimbo's plan, yes like what he did with Stewart. So far Dewberry hasn't followed suit, and Sark will get his in home with him next week.

The way things are going I think Jimbo told Dewberry to wait until Sark is in your house next week and then live stream you committing to A&M with him sitting behind you crying.  Furk!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

FEI ranks Texas as #15 overall

image.png.31cf42ab65476624ddf01ce4ebf7bfa2.png

very bad on kick return efficiency, but very good on punts and somehow even worse on opponents FGs?

SP+ has Texas at #6 Special Teams...team.

Sweet. So special teams is fine for us to be a playoff caliber team. 
Offensive play calling and scheme is fine. Fox the defense and get a good QB and a good WR#2 and TE #1 and we are good enough on offense to be a Playoff team at which point we’d be exposed  with average at best line play. 
That’s a couple big ifs we need from the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

very bad on kick return efficiency, but very good on punts and somehow even worse on opponents FGs?

You watch the games, right? It's a running joke that every kicker hits his career long against us. It's not actually anything we're doing but if a scrub with a career long of 38 lines up from 53 against us, it's going through the uprights.

• Rage+1 3

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

The way things are going I think Jimbo told Dewberry to wait until Sark is in your house next week and then live stream you committing to A&M with him sitting behind you crying.  Furk!

yes this appears to be the timeline we're in now. someone find those tiktokers and tell them to move us all to the other timeline.

47 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'd rather have Sark than Cristobal.

Yeah. I think probably too. Cristobal is good at recruiting.  At Oregon.  Where they drop massive bags.  Wouldn't want. Doesn't mean I think Sark works out here. Just that there is a roadmap to it working out.  IF that roadmap doesn't happen by the end of portal season and coach hiring season I'm of the opinion it can't/won't ever happen.  he's got about 2 months before I'm completely off the bandwaggon CTJ style. Maybe I'm an idiot for holding out a little hope and saying I'd give him 13 months on the job before I declare him a complete failure.  

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Hopefully we’ll have another NIL announcement by then.

SO-if we have $8,000,000 from the one deal to spend and the other deal is worth as much and it was a $15,000,000 salary cap how would you spend it?

$1,000,000  QB 1

$500,000 to a really talented developmental QB

$1,000,000 to WR room

250k per starting lineman

100k per lineman 6, 7 & 8 on team

100k per lineman that's a top 100 guy

200k starting TE

that's about 5 million.

$500k per rush end starter (1 million)

$200k to top 4 interior linemen

250k to top LB

200k to next LB

250 to starting corners

250 to each safety

150 to nickel back.

That's about 4 million.

Then the other 50 or so guys split the other 5 million- or special all american type bonus for a position that's under paid.  I'd probably go to 5 million for an all american QB. 

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You watch the games, right? It's a running joke that every kicker hits his career long against us. It's not actually anything we're doing but if a scrub with a career long of 38 lines up from 53 against us, it's going through the uprights.

Don't you understand that every kick against us is like a superbowl for that kicker? 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting