Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I guess we’ll find out. 

Hey, I’ve been saying for months I’m not sold that this kid can come in and be our savior at QB. He hasn’t proven himself at the college level and his behavior while at tOSU is a red flag to me. However, Sark has to take a chance with this guy considering the potential and state our program.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Hey, I’ve been saying for months I’m not sold that this kid can come in and be our savior at QB. He hasn’t proven himself at the college level and his behavior while at tOSU is a red flag to me. However, Sark has to take a chance with this guy considering the potential and state our program.

Someone previously said a Ewers commit to Sark is similar in importance to the Simms commit during Mack's early tenure. I agree. It's a flag-planting, even if he doesn't pan out to win 3 Heismans. 

51 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Just my honest opinion. Dude is a baller but he’s also a douche. If he grew up wishing to play for Texas, his bitch ass would already be here. Instead he’s a money hungry douche with no heart. We need his talent but I don’t think he has any interest in coming to Texas. So, he can fuck right off. 

He owed us nothing. Though he may be a douche, there's much more evidence that you're a douche.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What behavior are you talking about? Did he get in trouble or something?

Sounds like trouble adjusting to college life/being away from home, didn’t travel with team, and was being handled carefully by the staff. I’m sure others know more of the details. Some people say no big deal but these are red flags, just don’t appear to be of the serious variety on the surface. However, not exactly a testament of mental strength either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Surprising that a coach at Oregon left,and decided to choose Miami over Illinois, right @SydneyCarton ? 

Not sure you saw sir, but Illinois hired a new coach this year who had the team improving week to week unlike what we saw at Texas. Why would they need a new coach?

That being said, I’m still surprised Christobal, despite being a Miami alum, would leave oregon and a functional bag game, a fully weaponized NIL, a school and AD that gives 100% support for a school that has none of those things, and where the AD vacancy means he doesn’t even know would be his boss. Frankly that’s an even larger mess than we have at UT. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure you saw sir, but Illinois hired a new coach this year who had the team improving week to week unlike what we saw at Texas. Why would they need a new coach?

That being said, I’m still surprised Christobal, despite being a Miami alum, would leave oregon and a functional bag game, a fully weaponized NIL, a school and AD that gives 100% support for a school that has none of those things, and where the AD vacancy means he doesn’t even know would be his boss. Frankly that’s an even larger mess than we have at UT. 

I had read somewhere that his mother is sick and that’s why he took the job 

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

All that is true, except all the florida teams suck currently. If one rich alum wants to donate his money to a stupid cause, they could potentially lock up a lot of talent. And quite frankly, he is a pretty average coach with great talent on his team - Maybe his time at Oregon was somewhat limited. This is a fresh start for him and he can be closer to family.

Less than a week after the Texas staff reached out following Lincoln Riley's departure to USC, 2022 Lubbock Cooper LB Kobie McKinzie committed to Texas following an official visit this weekend.

The former Oklahoma commit and No. 180 ranked prospect in the country for the class of 2022 according to the On3 consensus found exactly what he was looking for during his first visit to Austin. IT was told McKinzie was extremely happy with the family vibe and scheme the Texas staff pitched him.

Inside Texas saw Kobie McKinzie in person this past Friday and was extremely impressed with his football IQ, easily apparent love for the game, and toughness. McKinzie was battling through a painful ankle sprain throughout the regional final vs. Wichita Falls Rider and never once looked to check himself out of the tightly contested 22-0 victory.

Along with his off and on-the-field mentality checking all of the right boxes, I was pleasantly surprised by Kobie's height/weight. In fact it would not shock me at all if McKinzie was actually closer to 6-foot-3 without shoes on, plus his listed weight of 245 pounds does not look sloppy in the slightest.

IT was very confident about the Horns chances to land McKinzie as soon as Texas offered and felt strongly after talking with the Lubbock native in person that if the Texas visit went well he would shut it down soon after. Once word got back that Texas “crushed” the OV, we were on alert for an announcement.

After announcing his commitment, McKinzie joined an Instagram live with fellow 2022 commits Derrick Brown, Justice Finkley, and Will Stone to reflect on the whirlwind week and answer questions from fans.

When asked about what was next McKinzie and self-proclaimed "minister of recruiting" Derrick Brown simply said that Texas wasn't done yet and gave a knowing smile.

At 6-foot-2, 245 pounds, Kobie McKinzie is the No. 180 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2022, according to the On3 consensus. He is the No. 18 linebacker in the country and the No. 33 recruit from the state of Texas.

Savion Red

Texas offering 2022 Grand Prairie ATH Savion Red stood out as one of the more out of the blue offers extended in recent memory. The 5-foot-11, 210 pound athlete was an SMU commit that verbaled to the Ponies in September of last year with his only other offer being from Kansas.

However when talking with people in the know around Dallas, one gets a much different story on Red's talent level along with a clearer picture of why schools have been slow to offer. Inside Texas caught up with three sources to get their thoughts on the polarizing Texas offer.

Assistant coach in Savion Red's district: "He is easily one of the best players I've ever coached against. There is a reason why GP won their first playoff game in 30 years with that kid as a senior. I'm pretty sure if you added him to our team we'd have gone a couple of rounds deep while GP would finish 2-8 or so."

Dallas area trainer: "I have no doubt the kid is good enough to play at Texas. He's one of those dudes that just finds a way to make plays and lets everybody in the stadium know it afterward. Texas has a good relationship with True Buzz (Jamel Johnson, Anthony Hill, etc) so the offer makes sense from that angle too."

Dallas area trainer: "Schools have been slow to offer because there is a lot of maturing to do and everybody that does their research knows it. It might be one of those deals where the Texas coaches are cool with offering because he'll bring an attitude to the locker room that'll shake up some of those dudes just going through the motions. No questions about his football ability in the slightest."

Two nuggets

IT caught up with a high-profile recruit this weekend that spoke with near-certainty about Quinn Ewers ending up in Austin. That same recruit strongly believed that if Quinn Ewers did end up committing to Texas that Five Star+ WR Evan Stewart would end up following suit with a flip to Texas.

Most of the other recruits IT spoke to felt similarly, however a lot of the reasons given were those recruits discounting Texas Tech as a school and Lubbock as a city. Two factors that we know do not apply to Ewers with certainty. I mention this to highlight how unfortunately negative the perception will be amongst recruits if Texas does in fact lose this de facto head-to-head battle with the Red Raiders.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve read his moms is going to die quickly and that  shouldn’t be an issue. 

That's silly unless she is dying in the next couple of weeks. But, maybe the dude likes Florida, has friends in Florida, and wants to retire there. There are lots of reasons to make a move.

41 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

They have filled it with the Clemson AD, no? My guess is he knew who it was and the AD approved of the offer to Mario prior to his official announcement/news being leaked.

Seems weird to me too, though so for appears to be a positive development.

44 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Most of the other recruits IT spoke to felt similarly, however a lot of the reasons given were those recruits discounting Texas Tech as a school and Lubbock as a city. Two factors that we know do not apply to Ewers with certainty. I mention this to highlight how unfortunately negative the perception will be amongst recruits if Texas does in fact lose this de facto head-to-head battle with the Red Raiders.

As if it wasn’t clear enough the stakes on getting Ewers. 

Just now, HenryJames said:

"The Fuck Shop" is the better cut off the album, sir.

Well, there is absolutely no doubt. Set against the backbeat of Van Halen’s Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love, Eddie Van Halen hasn’t been used like that since Valerie Bertinelli brought home MacKenzie Phillips and Bonnie Franklin after happy hour. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not sure if you saw, but Clemson AD Dan Radakovich is headed to Miami.

There must be something about Miami if a coach coming from a school with all of the advantages you list, and the AD from a school with 2 National Titles in the last 5 years are both willing to go there. 

More so than, checks notes, 5-7 Illinois with fired-from-Arkansas Bret Bielema.

Edited by Hornlover

53 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Most of the other recruits IT spoke to felt similarly, however a lot of the reasons given were those recruits discounting Texas Tech as a school and Lubbock as a city. 

They're not "discounting" shit. They know the relative worth of Lubbock and Texas Tech. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sounds like he should go to OU and kick our ass for the next two years then. 

God some of you are bitchmade. 

I never said I didn’t want his talent here, but my opinion of the guy remains in tact either way. 

What’s your reaction if he chooses Texas, plays one year, and then transfers out?

ill gladly eat crow if he comes in and has an all-American career here but the chances of that are slim. 

Edited by Droopy

4 minutes ago, Droopy said:

I never said I didn’t want his talent here, but my opinion of the guy remains in tact either way. 

What’s your reaction if he chooses Texas, plays one year, and then transfers out?

I am OK with it, if he brings the talent and excitement to bring in talent that helps Texas. I think he is just a kid with a father that is a shrewd business man. The Ewers are showing recruits the template for recruits. You have recruits playing checkers and asking for 100-300k in a bag money and he is working 7 figure deals to secure his kids future

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

I am OK with it, if he brings the talent and excitement to bring in talent that helps Texas. I think he is just a kid with a father that is a shrewd business man. The Ewers are showing recruits the template for recruits. You have recruits playing checkers and asking for 100-300k in a bag money and he is working 7 figure deals to secure his kids future

Not all recruits are a 1.000 rated qbs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

There must be something about Miami if a coach coming from a school with all of the advantages you list, and the AD from a school with 2 National Titles in the last 5 years are both willing to go there. 

Same reason why Riley left for LA.  Do you want to be rich in Miami or Clemson, SC?

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Same reason why Riley left for LA.  Do you want to be rich in Miami or Clemson, SC?

Depending on your personal priorities Clemson, SC is a slice of heaven on earth. Personally not a fan but that’s bc I hate the football program and think Dabo is a fraud. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Not all recruits are a 1.000 rated qbs. 

I get that and not all recruits get in a bidding wars for their services. I am just saying Ewers is showing the world what a bidding war looks like in an NIL world. It is going to be distasteful to many, but it is just the bag game coming out of the shadows. 

Edited by Codaxx

Just now, Codaxx said:

I get that and not all recruits get in a bidding war for their services. I just saying Ewers is showing the world what a bidding war looks like in an NIL world. It is going to be distasteful to many, but it is just the bag game coming out of the shadows. 

Yeah but it will be the reality as we continue to move forward. College football fans better get used to it IMO.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

That's silly unless she is dying in the next couple of weeks. But, maybe the dude likes Florida, has friends in Florida, and wants to retire there. There are lots of reasons to make a move.

Yeah, as other's have said, she's not likely to make it to 2022. There's a lot of reasons NOT to make the move, and also on that list is the situation with the mother. 

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Not sure if you saw, that was a rumor, and while possible, the tweets coming out around the hiring explicitly say that they're going to address AD after they hire the coach. That's uncertainty.

Going further, you have latched upon what was a basic illustration like a badger with a grudge and stuck to the most literal aspects of the fucking Illinois illustration as if I'm going to die on that hill.  It was a fucking illustration. But I'll tell you what, you keep fucking that chicken about how great the Miami athletic department is around here, and see how much support you get from other posters. Some things are facts that people who pay attention to this shit know, and there's you talking to yourself in a corner while smearing yourself in the shit of your own ignorance. 

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Less than a week after the Texas staff reached out following Lincoln Riley's departure to USC, 2022 Lubbock Cooper LB Kobie McKinzie committed to Texas following an official visit this weekend.

The former Oklahoma commit and No. 180 ranked prospect in the country for the class of 2022 according to the On3 consensus found exactly what he was looking for during his first visit to Austin. IT was told McKinzie was extremely happy with the family vibe and scheme the Texas staff pitched him.

Inside Texas saw Kobie McKinzie in person this past Friday and was extremely impressed with his football IQ, easily apparent love for the game, and toughness. McKinzie was battling through a painful ankle sprain throughout the regional final vs. Wichita Falls Rider and never once looked to check himself out of the tightly contested 22-0 victory.

Along with his off and on-the-field mentality checking all of the right boxes, I was pleasantly surprised by Kobie's height/weight. In fact it would not shock me at all if McKinzie was actually closer to 6-foot-3 without shoes on, plus his listed weight of 245 pounds does not look sloppy in the slightest.

Two nuggets

IT caught up with a high-profile recruit this weekend that spoke with near-certainty about Quinn Ewers ending up in Austin. That same recruit strongly believed that if Quinn Ewers did end up committing to Texas that Five Star+ WR Evan Stewart would end up following suit with a flip to Texas.

Confused Christian Bale GIF

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, as other's have said, she's not likely to make it to 2022. There's a lot of reasons NOT to make the move, and also on that list is the situation with the mother. 

Not sure if you saw, that was a rumor, and while possible, the tweets coming out around the hiring explicitly say that they're going to address AD after they hire the coach. That's uncertainty.

Going further, you have latched upon what was a basic illustration like a badger with a grudge and stuck to the most literal aspects of the fucking Illinois illustration as if I'm going to die on that hill.  It was a fucking illustration. But I'll tell you what, you keep fucking that chicken about how great the Miami athletic department is around here, and see how much support you get from other posters. Some things are facts that people who pay attention to this shit know, and there's you talking to yourself in a corner while smearing yourself in the shit of your own ignorance. 

Got it. Miami is a shithole school, with zero cachet, zero to offer athletically, financially, or socially, and with little chance of ever regaining that flukey 25 years of excellence they achieved from 1980-2005. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a drooling idiot, all evidence to the contrary be damned.

I mean, sure, it must just be a rumor. There's just no merit to any of this stuff, since it's unfathomable that coaches and ADs would be voluntarily leaving spots at one of the top 15 football schools, to go to the shithole U.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Got it. Miami is a shithole school, with zero cachet, zero to offer athletically, financially, or socially, and with little chance of ever regaining that flukey 25 years of excellence they achieved from 1980-2005. Anybody who thinks otherwise is a drooling idiot, all evidence to the contrary be damned.

I mean, sure, it must just be a rumor. There's just no merit to any of this stuff, since it's unfathomable that coaches and ADs would be voluntarily leaving spots at one of the top 15 football schools, to go to the shithole U.

I mean, exactly what evidence to the contrary do you have? I mean, I don't think Miami is unrecoverable like Nebraska. But that "flukey" time period your reference was a string of coaches at the pinnacle of their careers, a world where recruiting was more regional than it is now, and an Athletic Department that was fully supportive with the Miami mission. All of things are currently, and demonstrably NOT the case any longer. Are you equally convinced Nebraska didn't have any favorable advantages during it's run of success that no longer exist, and is just as likely to return to prominence? I mean, I certainly dont think Miami is in the same category as Nebraska, but the world changes and situations change with it and sayin the miami job doesn't have headwinds right now is foolish. IT's best news is that the other Florida programs are down. The bad news is, these days that just means talent is more likely to go out of state than it was in the past. 

Miami certainly has location going for it, especially if you're a coach or admin.  But go ahead and ignore that both Cristobal and Radakovich both have fucking degrees from Miami. It's just the jobs, there's zero chance any emotional involvement could be swinging the logic of their decision-making process. You fucking rube. 

13 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

What time does the news drop today about the second phase of Texas' NIL plan? I think it will concentrate on OL and QB. That looks to be big news, and may be info that certain recruits are interested in hearing...

1pm

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Around lunch

10 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

CTJ said noon

No, I didn't. I said after lunch. Come on, guys.

1pm. 

• Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting