Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Regarding Looch, I often ask myself:

A) is he just putting on this Texas hate act as part of his job? or

B) does Texas live completely rent free in the wide open spaces of air in his head?

I have concluded the answer is most definitely B. 

100% B

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Got dam. I quit posting for a month and we sign one of the best QB prospects in the last 20 years and by far the best OL class we've ever had while also making massive upgrades at WR and RB coach. I'm really not sure if any program in the last couple decades has signed a better QB and OL group in one class. I guess I should stay away until we pull in Addison, an All-Conference LT, LB, TE, and S too. 

There's no doubt we've made massive upgrades on offense, though the 2022 OL is still a pretty big question mark and we don't have much of an infusion of talent ready to go in 2022 on defense while bringing back the same defensive staff from one of the worst defenses in school history. I think Finkley, Brooks, Allen, and Watts could be ready to be strong contributors next season, but we still need some more help at edge, ILB and probably safety depending on where Cook and Watts play.  Making at least one change on the defensive coaching staff would be nice too, but seems like that wont happen, unless we add GP as an analyst. 

I have it on good authority that if you take the year off we will win the conference next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Completely agree that people always read to much into these events but a couple of things. 

1. It's better for your signees to look good than look bad. We've had guys look like shit and I don't remember any of them actually panning out. Tray Allen couldn't block anyone, Raulerson got physically dominated, etc.

2. At some point on a fade route a CB should be able to get within a yard of the WR. Bite on a move, get a hand on him, something. But to backpedal, turn and run, and never be within 3 feet either at the line, during the stem, or at the end of the route? Yeesh. I assume Harris is still not 100%.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Completely agree that people always read to much into these events but a couple of things. 

1. It's better for your signees to look good than look bad. We've had guys look like shit and I don't remember any of them actually panning out. Tray Allen couldn't block anyone, Raulerson got physically dominated, etc.

2. At some point on a fade route a CB should be able to get within a yard of the WR. Bite on a move, get a hand on him, something. But to backpedal, turn and run, and never be within 3 feet either at the line, during the stem, or at the end of the route? Yeesh. I assume Harris is still not 100%.

This. I would say that events favor DL over OL, so good reports out of the OL should at least raise an eyebrow. The opposite is true for the secondary. I have seen some really interesting bubble bee routes from WRs that would give Deion Sanders issues in his prime. 

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Anthony Cook egregiously holding St Brown every rep and still getting beat, etc.

I've never been that high on Harris, so hopefully he's 100% here and getting exposed by a proper WR talent

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, blOU gotta negative recruit Texas whenever possible.  Article wreaks of spin and lies

Anyone else notice how Oklahoma players are so often aggrieved by Texas?

Money. Women romancing each other. Mack Brown’s hugs. Less likely to win a NC at Texas (then we did). There are many more examples  

I can’t ever remember reading about how troubled one of our signees was by how Oklahoma recruited them. Maybe OU just always negative recruits the shit out of us, spanning generations. And of course, anyone who would attend that pile of shit is a mental midget. That’s the actual root of the problem. 

Too bad McKenzie is such a bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

There are plenty of camp videos showing Banks absolutely dominating these drills.  Stop worrying.  This shit doesn’t matter anyways.  Let Flood develop him with pads on.

If y’all ever worry about these camp videos, just watch an actual football video and relax..like here, watch this absolute fucking murder instead

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Cross-posting... in case you've missed this...  

Chris Beard callin" FUCK BRIAN DAVIS OUT...  FBD callin' Texas Fan Base a "Wine and Cheese Crowd"

starts around 14:38 mark       (Thx @JackBurton )

How long was that question? These guys just love to hear themselves talk. 

Serious question because obviously I don’t know but how much power does UT have in Austin if they let guys like Brian Davis constantly shit all over the program when it’s doing better things? I don’t mind when it’s time for a change because we are all pissed but here’s a guy trying to change things and is doing a damn good job and still has pieces of shit like Brian Davis and other “longhorn supporters” writing shit articles. Ut used to ban guys from the the program for ever coming near Mack with negativity and now they don’t give a fuck apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Spoiler

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

This guy is a fucking moron and I'm glad Beard ripped him a new one yesterday. 

Agreed.  FBD.  If a major part of your job is the written word, and you can't clearly convey your meaning using...uh, checks notes...the written word, then *you* are the problem here, fuckface...

Edited by morehornsepower
i don't get much practice posting...
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting