Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

The first memory I have of a big time recruit was an attention whore from Dallas Carter committing to the U back when Jimmy Johnson was coach. I know he was from DFW, just not sure about Carter.  Pretty sure he was a linebacker. Anyway, he held a fucking press conference to announce and ESPN I believe it was, covered it. It was unheard of back then. Can't remember if he played the hat game or not. I'm sure another old on here knows who I'm talking about. He was damn good though I'll give him that.

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Armstead.

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Jessie Armstead

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jesse armstead

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jesse Armstead, I believe? 

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Jesse Armstead?

3 minutes ago, speed817 said:
Jessie Armstead?

Has anyone mentioned Jesse Armstead?

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is Deion actually good at coaching DBs or is he just a more charismatic DeMarco Murray (can do, can't teach)? Obviously the team did well, loss to ULM aside.

Honestly this is a terrible decision for Hunter. He’ll get Deion but will miss out on the nutrition, training, and exposure of FBS. In the draft he’ll automatically take a hit of at least half a round because all his film will be against SWAC competition. As a defender this is a terrible decision personally. Making waves on NSD at the expense of his future.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

On the trail, maybe. Development has been a strength

There’s no maybe about recruiting if Sark makes a good hire. 

Drayton has done a great job of recruiting RB but the RB coach is supposed to be a volume recruiter/rainmaker. Which he is not. I gave Drayton a B- grade on the initial hire because Texas can find a much better volume recruiter. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

How is Kevin Faulk as a recruiter? 

They haven't exactly been blowing minds over the past few years (he has only been there since '18) in terms of offensive recruitment and he was sharing the stage with some proven killers in recruiting. I imagine he is better than Drayton but he also doesn't have anything remotely close to the same track record.

Beyond that... considering how our compliance cockblocked any chance of a Raymond hire I wonder if everyone in that LSU program the last handful of years is perhaps untouchable? Just something that could prove an obstacle even if we did want him. 

edit: wtf it randomly added photos? This system is so fucked right now hahaha

Edited by HateYouAndMyself

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting