Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is Deion actually good at coaching DBs or is he just a more charismatic DeMarco Murray (can do, can't teach)? Obviously the team did well, loss to ULM aside.

I would guess he's great teaching coverage techniques and terrible teaching tackling, since he has no expertise in tackling whatsoever.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just read that Kendrick Law won the 100m championship in Louisiana with a FAT time of 10:48. That's some pretty serious speed. If he can catch and if we are going to give him a shot at receiver it would take the sting out of not getting Evan Stewart, should that come to pass.

Gerry mentioned today that if Law came to Texas, he might start out at WR...

Gerry Hamilton

The Longhorns up one spot to No. 5(On3 Team Rankings)

Now you guys can play with all the scenarios.

2pm announcement: Savion Red
2pm'ish: On3 Consensus 4-star Shazz Preston (likely Alabama)
4pm announcement: On3 Consensus 4-star Armani Winfield
4:30pm announcement: On3 Consensus 4-star Malik Agbo

Friday 3pm announcement: On3 Consensus 4-star Kendrick Law

Wildcard announcement: On3 Consensus 5-star Denver Harris

No mention of Stewart.

14 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

We're gonna land Stewart and Harris. Then Perkins' questions about there being enough talent on this team will be answered and he'll hop on board. Campbell will sign with us on NSD2. And we'll close out with five six 5*s (including Ewers). We will overtake Aggy and they will cry and it will be glorious. 

It is known.

Drunk Spring Break GIF by The Lonely Island

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I get what you're saying and normally I would agree.  If you're picking Bama over UGA, just pick the hat, but if you're doing something that actually shocks the world, I'm okay with a little showmanship.  

The first memory I have of a big time recruit was an attention whore from Dallas Carter committing to the U back when Jimmy Johnson was coach. I know he was from DFW, just not sure about Carter.  Pretty sure he was a linebacker. Anyway, he held a fucking press conference to announce and ESPN I believe it was, covered it. It was unheard of back then. Can't remember if he played the hat game or not. I'm sure another old on here knows who I'm talking about. He was damn good though I'll give him that.

Just now, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

The first memory I have of a big time recruit was an attention whore from Dallas Carter committing to the U back when Jimmy Johnson was coach. I know he was from DFW, just not sure about Carter.  Pretty sure he was a linebacker. Anyway, he held a fucking press conference to announce and ESPN I believe it was, covered it. It was unheard of back then. Can't remember if he played the hat game or not. I'm sure another old on here knows who I'm talking about. He was damn good though I'll give him that.

Armstead.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Jessie Armstead

Jesse armstead

Jesse Armstead, I believe? 

2 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Lol never mind like 10 posts in a row…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 2

Jessie Armstead?

Paging Jesse Armstead

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Armstead.

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Jessie Armstead

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jesse armstead

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jesse Armstead, I believe? 

2 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Jesse Armstead?

2 minutes ago, speed817 said:
Jessie Armstead?

The loading issues are real...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'm thinking Jesse Armstead

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting