Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I like Stewart. He's an idiot if he signs at aggy given his talent and how they waste wrs, but if he's signing there he's sure as hell milking them for all that he can with these last minute tactics.

Can you imagine the dumb money aggy would throw at him to avoid the optics on a five star recruit flipping to Texas on signing day?

Either he'll flip to us, or he's making a paycheck play, in which case he might as well leverage their insecurity for every last dollar he can

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I thought our high school number was 26 max so I’m confused that we have 23 (maybe 22 depending on kicker) and still have 2 or more expected today and several others that you don’t turn away still out there. 

cam someone confirm that the Texas site tweeting about lance St. Louis means that he is signed as a scholarship player?

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I like Stewart. He's an idiot if he signs at aggy given his talent and how they waste wrs, but if he's signing there he's sure as hell milking them for all that he can with these last minute tactics.

Can you imagine the dumb money aggy would throw at him to avoid the optics on a five star recruit flipping to Texas on signing day?

Either he'll flip to us, or he's making a paycheck play, in which case he might as well leverage their insecurity for every last dollar he can

I’ve thought about this too. Signing Stewart would be cool but I would also get a nice laugh in reading about aggy giving him $7-9MM just to catch 15 passes/season. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sorry there just isn’t room for Stewart. Pass. 

Just read that Kendrick Law won the 100m championship in Louisiana with a FAT time of 10:48. That's some pretty serious speed. If he can catch and if we are going to give him a shot at receiver it would take the sting out of not getting Evan Stewart, should that come to pass.

So we have 26 commits/signees right now, but Lewis and Jones may be out and Stone and the LS may be non-scholly? So 22 minimum. Which means at best we have 3 spots left, is that right?

Have to then assume one of those is reserved for Campbell. Sounds like Winfield and Agbo are another two. So wtf is happening after that?

What was the last elite WR to develop from Jimbo’s coaching? Sark, despite all his faults, just had a Heisman WR and freshman all-American back to back but whatever. Good luck
There was a great pic this week of Worthy showing Stewart a screenshot of Demas season stats.

That guy was considered a can't miss star receiver, and he's done shit in Jimbo's offense.

Of all of Stewart's options, aggy makes by far the least sense, unless playing and production are secondary priorities.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I thought our high school number was 26 max so I’m confused that we have 23 (maybe 22 depending on kicker) and still have 2 or more expected today and several others that you don’t turn away still out there. 

cam someone confirm that the Texas site tweeting about lance St. Louis means that he is signed as a scholarship player?

Pretty sure we can count some early enrollees against last year's class, right?

So, three signing day flips to us?  Is that all we get?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

So we have 26 commits/signees right now, but Lewis and Jones may be out and Stone and the LS may be non-scholly? So 22 minimum. Which means at best we have 3 spots left, is that right?

Have to then assume one of those is reserved for Campbell. Sounds like Winfield and Agbo are another two. So wtf is happening after that?

the deep snapper is, his LOI was already announced by the school

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

We're taking like 30 or 31 guys, brah

Edited by Bevo14

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Early enrollees can count toward the previous year.  I truly believe all the guys currently left on the board will be taken if they accept.  Red, Gibbs, Lewis, and Jones may have to grey/blue shirt and Stone/St. Louis may have to greyshirt, but they are not going to turn away 4-5 star players with all the chaff still sitting on the roster; they will find room and make it work.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting