Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, morehornsepower said:

Apparently, her photographer is also her boyfriend.  That dude must have some serious impulse control.  I would not be standing there holding a camera long enough to take any pictures if I were him.

No matter how hot the girl is, there is always some guy, somewhere, that is tired of fucking her.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Early enrollees can count toward the previous year.  I truly believe all the guys currently left on the board will be taken if they accept.  Red, Gibbs, Lewis, and Jones may have to grey/blue shirt and Stone/St. Louis may have to greyshirt, but they are not going to turn away 4-5 star players with all the chaff still sitting on the roster; they will find room and make it work.

We had 22 last year right? So that would free up 3 more spots?

4 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Was reading an article on how many can be signed in a class but that depends on early enrollment and how many were signed last year plus how many get grey shirted. So how many can we sign with the good guys this cycle? The question is for those that have done the math.

I thought it was 26 high schoolers this year plus 7 transfers and that was why Sark said up to 33.

Just now, Bevo14 said:

Is Agbo going to get processed before he commits?

As insane as this sounds, you have to wonder if we run out of space for Campbell if Harris and Stewart happen to climb aboard. I might take Agbo now because Campbell still has an official visit and Saban has his in home left. Texas has used both. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

We had 22 last year right? So that would free up 3 more spots?

My guess/breakdown:

23 confirmed signed via 247, St. Louis greyshirting, so 22.  3 count toward 2021, so 19.  We can take 6 more, which wouldn't include Red, Lewis, Jones, or Stone, as they would be greyshirts.  But I can imagine if they get more than 6 they'd find a way.  NIL can essentially eliminate signing limits if the money is there.

44 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

both of these are truth

on the other hand, if he did NOT get the pass knocked down or intercepted, WR didn't have to worry about being tackled. or bumped into. or impeding his path in any way

Correct. I must say I find his schtick far more entertaining now than I used to.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Also, potentially, any of last year's class that enrolled early that can count back toward the previous year when we only took 20. Does that rule still apply? 

I wonder if Sark has to go get some math grad student from the RLM to help him figure out how many he can take, what with the new rules and Covid and everything else.  I get a headache trying to wrap my mind around it. And when I think I finally have it all figured out, one of you points out something that I did not know or hadn't considered and my whole mental house of cards comes crashing down again. Sheesh.

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

As insane as this sounds, you have to wonder if we run out of space for Campbell if Harris and Stewart happen to climb aboard. I might take Agbo now because Campbell still has an official visit and Saban has his in home left. Texas has used both. 

some of you need to get your memory checked cause you forgot how complete dogshit the line looked this year. get dudes in here, let them compete. if they don't work out, process them out. we need good oline recruits. sark already said awhile back we are signing 5-7 oline recruits this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

some of you need to get your memory checked cause you forgot how complete dogshit the line looked this year. get dudes in here, let them compete. if they don't work out, process them out. we need good oline recruits. sark already said awhile back we are signing 5-7 oline recruits this year. 

It's not about if we want him or not, but do you pass on a Stewart or Harris to wait on Campbell in Feb knowing you don't have officials or in homes left? I want Agbo in and I think you take him all day. 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Yeah but we're probably not signing 8 and it sounds like Greene+Dewberry are in the mix. Not sure if that's changed in the last few minutes though.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

absolutely-not-no-way.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

My guess/breakdown:

23 confirmed signed via 247, St. Louis greyshirting, so 22.  3 count toward 2021, so 19.  We can take 6 more, which wouldn't include Red, Lewis, Jones, or Stone, as they would be greyshirts.  But I can imagine if they get more than 6 they'd find a way.  NIL can essentially eliminate signing limits if the money is there.

So 6 more but then presumably add Agbo and Winfield. So 4 truly open spots. 1 saved for Campbell, 3 up for grabs.

Stewart just wants to be the last aggy to sign, because. He’s all about the drama. That’s what you get with Stewart. Not saying it’s necessarily bad. Sometimes that can be good if harnessed correctly. See Tim Tebow and Deon Sanders. Or, it can be a cancer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

It's not about if we want him or not, but do you pass on a Stewart or Harris to wait on Campbell in Feb knowing you don't have officials or in homes left? I want Agbo in and I think you take him all day. 

We aren't passing on any of Stewart/Harris/Campbell, the numbers will work themselves out like they always do.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Stewart just wants to be the last aggy to sign, because. He’s all about the drama. That’s what you get with Stewart. Not saying it’s necessarily bad. Sometimes that can be good if harnessed correctly. See Tim Tebow and Deon Sanders. Or, it can be a cancer. See just about everybody else.

fify

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Saw on Twitter from one of those rando accounts that Roach said Stewart flipping to Texas is gaining momentum. 

Anybody got where/if Ear to the Streets is actually saying that? 

Man for all we know Stewart could've straight up told UT he's in just to drum up suspense and still sign with Aggy. Or maybe it's real. Who the fuck knows with him.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting