Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Meh. We've seen this many times since at least 2008 (the hat game bullshit). It's nothing new. A 0.9999 recruit signing with Jackson State is fucking crazy, tho. 

The more I think about it not really. If you are ok with potentially not playing for a National Championship then you are a CB learning from one of the greats. I'm sure that when Primetime moves to a P5 program he will follow. 

1 minute ago, Rhinotx said:

The more I think about it not really. If you are ok with potentially not playing for a National Championship then you are a CB learning from one of the greats. I'm sure that when Primetime moves to a P5 program he will follow. 

Is Deion actually good at coaching DBs or is he just a more charismatic DeMarco Murray (can do, can't teach)? Obviously the team did well, loss to ULM aside.

13 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Actually I was wrong; it reads to me like it only matters when they leave school, nothing to do with the portal (from NCAA press release):

The waiver addresses concerns about potentially high numbers of college athletes transferring after all student-athletes were given the opportunity to compete immediately after transferring for the first time. It will apply at the end of the first term (students who depart on or after the earlier of the last day of the school's fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, which is the first day of the early National Letter of Intent signing period)

Well 12/6 was UT's last class day so everyone who left after that applies toward the 7 if that's true.

Oops, finals end today, though. Those probably count as the fall term.

Edited by Huckleberry
finals
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

I definitely agree that he'll follow Deion, but the hat game is just so worn out (no pun intended). I guess I just prefer the kid(s) to pick a hat on the table and move on with it rather than disrespect the schools who put in the effort to recruit you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Is Deion actually good at coaching DBs or is he just a more charismatic DeMarco Murray (can do, can't teach)? Obviously the team did well, loss to ULM aside.

I don't care enough to watch but they had a great run this year as a team. It looks like he can run a program.

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Travis Hunter's hat game trolling was in full effect.

When is the last time the hat game meant anything? News always seems to be out before kids get their moment. The paparazzi keeps such a close eye on these recruits and always seem to find someone close to the kid that will spill the beans.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

You’re not the boss of me.

You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big
Life is unfair

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I definitely agree that he'll follow Deion, but the hat game is just so worn out (no pun intended). I guess I just prefer the kid(s) to pick a hat on the table and move on with it rather than disrespect the schools who put in the effort to recruit you. 

I get what you're saying and normally I would agree.  If you're picking Bama over UGA, just pick the hat, but if you're doing something that actually shocks the world, I'm okay with a little showmanship.  

• Like 2

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

I get what you're saying and normally I would agree.  If you're picking Bama over UGA, just pick the hat, but if you're doing something that actually shocks the world, I'm okay with a little showmanship.  

Yeah, I see what you're saying too. That was pretty shocking, actually. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting