Post Vaxxed Life

hornian

Guest Lobo

csb/ My father lived in Manhattan for a period in the 1990s and never once mentioned it in front of me.  Which would be admirable, but my parents had recently divorced and it would have been nice to have known where he was living for a chunk of that time.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

are you referring to your bowel movements in the third person again?  #2 in the #3?  Dammit man, quit taking your meds with booze! That's my thing.

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Okay, strongly encouraged?  Out of respect for the homeowner, have you ever taken off shoes upon request, not drank all their alcohol, or shit in the master bathroom?  I mean, I never listen to that kinda stuff. but I'm told its done in polite society.  

But if they don’t say anything about an upper decker I’m certainly going to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He did.  Unless I'm missing something.

I’ll cut him some slack, as I flunked Mrs. Gregg’s 8th grade English Grammar class at Taipei American School in 1958.

A couple of my Chinese classmates made fun of me.

• Drool 1

21 hours ago, slorch said:

Biggest single thing i miss is people's expression, especially smiles.

That, and I found out I read lips a shit-ton more than I ever thought I did.  Now everyone is like a Power Ranger.

not seeing people smile has really been a buzzkill for me. i think we need those little shots of 'happy'.

as for the lip reading...try living in a foreign country and re-learning a language without being able to read lips. it sucks.

Guest Lobo
5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Thought you messed up conjugating puedo

Heck yeah, I did.  Just noticed it.  New, smaller phone.......fatter fingers and middle-age conjugation skills.  My bad.  

But hey....who loves ya' baby?  

Speaking of grandkids, my grandson is graduating Austin High on Tuesday at House Park. It’s supposed to be sunny and 90.

Gotta go though, it’ll just be his dad, little brother, and us two to holler & whistle when he gets his diploma. His other grandma can’t make it as she is still teaching in Waco. Wish his mom could see him now.

• Hook 'Em 5

59 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Has anyone encountered any dipshits proud of not getting vaccinated? 

Ive been using the dating apps for a while, since i got vaccinated in March, since March, ive matched and had enough interaction with the women to get their view on vaxxing.  at least 5 of them (late 20s-early 40s),  were quite proud of not getting a shot.   none of them had health reasons to not get the shot. they just "dont trust the science and dont want to be a guinea pig" 

Im like... the guinea pigs were the folks who volunteered back in May/ June of last year!   

I dont care if you have a valid reason for not getting vaxxed, but acting like this shit is some sort of voodoo tells me you and I arent a match they were quickly unmatched 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I encountered unvaccinated dipshits, but they weren’t exactly proud. They were more like “I’m not sure about this vaccine thing”. Maybe I shouldn’t call them dipshits.

Talked to a guy today. He was like eh, I will probably get vaxed, but this thing happened so quickly and I’m young and healthy. I just sort of shrugged and was like- I got it- didn’t see any reason not to. 
he said his parents and in-laws were all over them to get their shots. All the olds in their life. 

On 5/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, MissingInAction said:

I work with a guy who was proud of not getting vaccinated, until his wife told him that until he got vaccinated, he could handle his own sexual needs.  Undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, MissingInAction said:

I had a a/c technician come over a couple of weeks ago who proudly announced that he wasn't vaccinated and wouldn't be getting vaccinated.  I think the coming variants are going to impact these sorts.

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I had a a/c technician come over a couple of weeks ago who proudly announced that he wasn't vaccinated and wouldn't be getting vaccinated.  I think the coming variants are going to impact these sorts.

B1.617.1 gonna get up in that ass. 

Went out to dinner tonight and after they flipped the table next to us, the couple they sat were killing me (maybe literally).  Stupid fucking red nosed blonde hacking up a coughing fit over dinner.  Get your shit together. At least cough into your arm.  If you are hacking up all over the place stay the fuck home. 

34 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Like I keep saying, there are two paths to herd immunity-- vaccination, or infection.  If you eschew the former, you're tacitly choosing the latter.

Anyway, my post vax life has been great.  Been going to restaurants and bars like it's 2019.  Went to the NASCAR race at COTA last weekend. Hosting a Memorial Day weekend gathering on Sunday for family and friends, I'll be smoking brisket, pork spare ribs, and sausage. 

7 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Went out to dinner tonight and after they flipped the table next to us, the couple they sat were killing me (maybe literally).  Stupid fucking red nosed blonde hacking up a coughing fit over dinner.  Get your shit together. At least cough into your arm.  If you are hacking up all over the place stay the fuck home. 

Little kids couching and sneezing all over the stores.

Parents giving no fucks about correcting them should be punched in the face.

+1 in the column of nice side effects from covid protocols before things returned to normal was everyone leaving their kids at home.  It won't be long until it starts taking 8 people to run a shopping cart again.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, utee94 said:

Like I keep saying, there are two paths to herd immunity-- vaccination, or infection.  If you eschew the former, you're tacitly choosing the latter.

Anyway, my post vax life has been great.  Been going to restaurants and bars like it's 2019.  Went to the NASCAR race at COTA last weekend. Hosting a Memorial Day weekend gathering on Sunday for family and friends, I'll be smoking brisket, pork spare ribs, and sausage. 

My invitation must have got the rona in the mail.

I just did a seven day road trip from Texas to D.C. and all points in between on the norther and southern route.  Apart from the Smithsonian museums and the hotel common areas, it basically was "what Covid."  We mixed it up with some randoms and probably came into contact with it a few times if I had to guess.  My kids are half vaxxed until tomorrow and masked a bit more.  We're all feeling fine and I'm declaring the Pfizer vaccine as a great success for us.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

covid. what covid? happy to see shit is fully back to normal. no way in hell I would go anywhere near dirty 6th but it's great seeing this shit. 

6th street last night.

pze6kvqtqh371.jpg

holy crap wth was going on last night?? that looks like Halloween or something!

Edited by mchookem

Hit fully vax'd status earlier this week. Have logged my first 2 mask-less grocery store trips in well over a year.

Interestingly, in my neck of Houston, I noticed that at the Kroger I stopped by yesterday afternoon, it was probably 65/35 masked/maskless, while HEB this morning was closer to 90/10. Almost without fail, the only ones not wearing a mask this morning were my demographic (white dudes 25-40).

Wonder if it has anything to do with signage? Sticker on door at Kroger says "Masks are required for guests and associates" but has an asterisk saying "Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear a mask." HEB has a sign just saying "Wear a Mask. Protect your neighbor."

Edited by Storm the Field

17 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Hit fully vax'd status earlier this week. Have logged my first 2 mask-less grocery store trips in well over a year.

Interestingly, in my neck of Houston, I noticed that at the Kroger I stopped by yesterday afternoon, it was probably 65/35 masked/maskless, while HEB this morning was closer to 90/10. Almost without fail, the only ones not wearing a mask this morning were my demographic (white dudes 25-40).

Wonder if it has anything to do with signage? Sticker on door at Kroger says "Masks are required for guests and associates" but has an asterisk saying "Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear a mask." HEB has a sign just saying "Wear a Mask. Protect your kroger

Kroger is shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Overly-simplified sweeping generalizations are always the sign of a sophisticated and discriminating mind. 

Every Kroger I've been in is shit compared to HEB. The quality and selection doesn't even compare. 

Now go shop at your kroger, Safeway, or whatever the fuck passes for grocery stores in ohio.

• 1 month later...

This is super weird.  I got Moderna, second shot April 1.  My main physical symptom, besides general fatigue/malaise, was that pain/stiffness went from my left/shot shoulder, across my upper back to my right shoulder.  I broke my right collarbone a couple of years ago, thereby adjusting the geometry on that side.  It hasn't been painful, just "twingey" in that I think the soft tissue is still conforming to my shortened and re-shaped collarbone.

Well, that sort of achey stiffness across both shoulders, including the virgin, undamaged left shoulder, has persisted.  It may be also that the rains, which have kept me from a lot of physical activity (walking, mountain biking) and left me with volleyball twice a week, has made me stiffen up.  But that has happened before without this. It's especially annoying at night and when I get up in the morning.  It may also be related to the resumption of volleyball after months off.  I can play without the pain interfering, but feel it afterward.

Strange symptom, maybe a coincidence.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Have you tried being less old?

There is that, too.  So far, most of my "old" things have been amplification of existing things.  If my busted up shoulder were the main source of the issue, I'd probably chalk it up to that.  But this is my other shoulder, primarily, although it is kind of bilateral.  Range of motion exercises are helping.

It's just weird that it has an almost perfect correlation, in symptom and timing, to the second vax.

Went to the Alamo Drafthouse last night for the first time inside a movie theater since November 2019.  Man it felt great!

Saw three people sitting in the row ahead with masks, and they even left them on to sip their cokes through a straw. 

• Hook 'Em 1