Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I did horns down with a smile on my face to some USF fans leaving the stadium but they didn’t seem to get it.

These are people who attend(ed) a directional "university" in Florida. You need to keep subtlety and/or irony to the minimum.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

These are people who attend(ed) a directional "university" in Florida. You need to keep subtlety and/or irony to the minimum.

We need to show some respect to our fellow brethren who were also traumatized by Charlie Strong.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

That call has benefited us many times through the years at second base on a double play attempt.  It is what it is..    He caught the ball and while transferring it to his hand to eventually throw it back in he dropped it.  That same call happens at second  all the time all over college baseball and MLB.   This  time it extended into the outfield

Point taken. 

If a transfer on a double play like that happens and the guy drops the ball, what happens then?

12 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Point taken. 

If a transfer on a double play like that happens and the guy drops the ball, what happens then?

Like step on the bag, transfer to throw to 1st and drops the ball? Runner still out. 

Catch the ball for an out, transfer to throw to a base to double off a runner? Batter still out. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Great night for some good baseball. Great crowd, strong pitching, good defense, and some timely hitting.

Great seats for the ninth inning excitement. Hard to tell how far the homerun went, but it was in the air a long time.

Sark and Loreal were sitting behind us. Yeah, I know, they were in the air conditioned suite, but still behind us.

76FF606C-6650-4D9A-9C05-AE9E13F5AA20_1_105_c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Jebus said:

I can’t believe someone would just go on Twitter and shoot their mouth off without knowing what the fuck they were talking about 

These people who tweet CDC and Martin are annoying AF

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, PTINS said:

Great night for some good baseball. Great crowd, strong pitching, good defense, and some timely hitting.

Great seats for the ninth inning excitement. Hard to tell how far the homerun went, but it was in the air a long time.

Sark and Loreal were sitting behind us. Yeah, I know, they were in the air conditioned suite, but still behind us.

76FF606C-6650-4D9A-9C05-AE9E13F5AA20_1_105_c.jpeg

You are within 10 feet of me. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

We need to show some respect to our fellow brethren who were also traumatized by Charlie Strong.  

Nah, they tried to pull one over on us by giving Charlie a weak contract and basically using what we were paying him as the difference. USF and Charlie both thought they were sticking it to us and all they did was get fucked

• Hook 'Em 1

So my dad fell down and hit his head and had catastrophic brain injury. Found out at 7:00 am. Got to the hospital at 9. Mom tells me he’s incoherent. I hear the doctor ask him his name and he says “John Daly”. What year is it sir?  1990 something. Ok, where are you. Starship enterprise. Doc leaves and I say- dad- heard you were watch game. Mumble mumble mumble stupid 3 runs in the 9th. My brother says, so y’all are going to omaha huh?  Him- no- got to win one more tonight or tomorrow. So dad doesn’t know who he is, what year it is, whose president- but he’s got our situation in the supers locked and loaded.
Well, he has his priorities right. Hopefully this is only temporary from the pressure on his brain from the fall.

Just now, Both Tacos said:
24 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:
So my dad fell down and hit his head and had catastrophic brain injury. Found out at 7:00 am. Got to the hospital at 9. Mom tells me he’s incoherent. I hear the doctor ask him his name and he says “John Daly”. What year is it sir?  1990 something. Ok, where are you. Starship enterprise. Doc leaves and I say- dad- heard you were watch game. Mumble mumble mumble stupid 3 runs in the 9th. My brother says, so y’all are going to omaha huh?  Him- no- got to win one more tonight or tomorrow. So dad doesn’t know who he is, what year it is, whose president- but he’s got our situation in the supers locked and loaded.

Well, he has his priorities right. Hopefully this is only temporary from the pressure on his brain from the fall.

I wish it was pressure. It’s internal bleed. It’s getting worse, but at a slower rate. Can’t do anything but try to thicken his blood (he’s on blood thinners for his heart) and then hope when it recedes over the next month or month.5 there is not too much damage. 

• Like 3