Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

I wish it was pressure. It’s internal bleed. It’s getting worse, but at a slower rate. Can’t do anything but try to thicken his blood (he’s on blood thinners for his heart) and then hope when it recedes over the next month or month.5 there is not too much damage. 
Blood thinners do a good job until you don't want them to. Blessing for your dad to get healed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, sidis said:

Christ, if whoever is blowing that fucking car horn sounding thing tonight is doing the same thing at the game I’m at tomorrow night, I may end up in jail tomorrow night for murder. 

9 hours ago, Cajun said:

Going to the game tonight.

I will make it my mission to find this fucker, snap some pics, and put them on blast for all of Surly to consume.

Whatever happens after that is out of my control.

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

Y'all going to make a lot of players, their parents, and former players (including Zeke and Zonk) mad, should you really be mad at something like the left field airhorn. 

Like @Native Horn already posted, that is the #occupyleftfield tailgate. The guy that set that up and has run it for over 12 years is a good guy and I know him personally and drunk beer with him during many games. He lives and breathes UT Baseball and at his tailgate, many of the player parents are out there at least pre-game and sometimes the whole game. In 2018, after they won against Tenn Tech, the whole team was out there after the game, including the broadcast crew that I got to have a beers with. Kieschnick and Quan were out there too. Everyone took turns firing Smokey before the Cowboys put it away. 

As far as the horn being blown goes, that has been a staple of that crowd, not only this year, but for as long as that tailgate has gone on. It was originally started to piss of the asshole Patterson when he was AD. He first put banners in front of their tailgate, and then boarded it over with a wall that was taken down by Del Conte after he went out there his first year here and saw what they had going on out there. 

The HORN only gets louder and more frequent this time of year as it is a hell of lot better that what the PA or the crappy DJ music for getting the crowd into the game. 

Come out, have some beers and enjoy the Horns ( both on the field and off) cuz they will both be there. 🤘

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

Y'all going to make a lot of players, their parents, and former players (including Zeke and Zonk) mad, should you really be mad at something like the left field airhorn. 

Like @Native Horn already posted, that is the #occupyleftfield tailgate. The guy that set that up and has run it for over 12 years is a good guy and I know him personally and drunk beer with him during many games. He lives and breathes UT Baseball and at his tailgate, many of the player parents are out there at least pre-game and sometimes the whole game. In 2018, after they won against Tenn Tech, the whole team was out there after the game, including the broadcast crew that I got to have a beers with. Kieschnick and Quan were out there too. Everyone took turns firing Smokey before the Cowboys put it away. 

As far as the horn being blown goes, that has been a staple of that crowd, not only this year, but for as long as that tailgate has gone on. It was originally started to piss of the asshole Patterson when he was AD. He first put banners in front of their tailgate, and then boarded it over with a wall that was taken down by Del Conte after he went out there his first year here and saw what they had going on out there. 

The HORN only gets louder and more frequent this time of year as it is a hell of lot better that what the PA or the crappy DJ music for getting the crowd into the game. 

Come out, have some beers and enjoy the Horns ( both on the field and off) cuz they will both be there. 🤘

I don’t give a fuck if the guy is solving poverty and allowing his wife to give free blow jobs to anyone wearing UT gear, the fucking horn noisemaker ruins the audio. He can go fuck himself with that shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Just Relax Chill Out GIF

2018 was fun ass times out there. Had a few beers in LF with derka as well. Post game was ridiculous

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So my dad fell down and hit his head and had catastrophic brain injury. Found out at 7:00 am. Got to the hospital at 9. Mom tells me he’s incoherent. I hear the doctor ask him his name and he says “John Daly”. What year is it sir?  1990 something. Ok, where are you. Starship enterprise. Doc leaves and I say- dad- heard you were watch game. Mumble mumble mumble stupid 3 runs in the 9th. My brother says, so y’all are going to omaha huh?  Him- no- got to win one more tonight or tomorrow. So dad doesn’t know who he is, what year it is, whose president- but he’s got our situation in the supers locked and loaded.

Your dad is the personification of All Gas No Brakes.  He's all in.  

Good luck to him and your family Wulaw.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t give a fuck if the guy is solving poverty and allowing his wife to give free blow jobs to anyone wearing UT gear, the fucking horn noisemaker ruins the audio. He can go fuck himself with that shit. 

This. If he was a good dude, he’s knock it off Bc he’d 100% probably tweet at some other program for doing it as bush league. He runs his fingers a lot on Twitter.  

So of course today I'm on a flight at 7:50 and then again at 9:55. 

Except the 9:55 flight has now been delayed until 11:50. Which the rest of my family isn't happy about but I kind of dig because it means I'll get to watch most of the game now rather than just a few innings. Maybe God needed me to watch this one. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So of course today I'm on a flight at 7:50 and then again at 9:55. 

Except the 9:55 flight has now been delayed until 11:50. Which the rest of my family isn't happy about but I kind of dig because it means I'll get to watch most of the game now rather than just a few innings. Maybe God needed me to watch this one. 

This is how you humblebrag, gentleman. 

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

CDC kind of gives me Pat Riley vibes. Like Riley's brother who's a little more amicable but still pretty ruthless and business savvy behind the scenes. 

If it means championships without players being jailed (don’t give a shit if they’re paid) then I’m all in.