Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

Kennedy had:

- A badass fucking single that only a handful of guys in the country reach on 

- A 10 pitch AB against their starter that he almost homered to end

- Sac fly to score our 3rd run

- A walkoff RBI double (ig they scored it a double but he probably would have gotten 3 there)

And this dude was hitting like .235 most of the season. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 7

Just now, ztejas said:

Kennedy had:

- A walkoff RBI double (ig they scored it a double but he probably would have gotten 3 there)

Made a pretty damn good catch too!

• Hook 'Em 3

Kennedy had:

I think you’re forgetting a sac fly for a team that can’t score Jack from 3rd with less than two outs. If the other team is throwing a righty I’m putting him in 2 hole with Daly 3.
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Everything on schedule.  Sometimes shit happens.  Champs still find a way to win.  

I was actually really impressed with USF. They came out nervy but they settled and made the plays they were supposed to and managed to dig up some clutch hitting. 

They're probably getting hammered tomorrow though... what did Cam, Ivan and Zubia combine for tonight? 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I think you’re forgetting a sac fly for a team that can’t score Jack from 3rd with less than two outs. If the other team is throwing a righty I’m putting him in 2 hole with Daly 3.

I was pretty sure he hit that sac fly but I've had a super long day and I'm frazzled so I didn't want to incorrectly attribute it.

So yeah, 4 badass ABs by our "worst" hitter that led to 3 of our 4 runs. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I was actually really impressed with USF. They came out nervy but they settled and made the plays they were supposed to and managed to dig up some clutch hitting. 

They're probably getting hammered tomorrow though... what did Cam, Ivan and Zubia combine for tonight? 

A bunch of abysmal ABs.  I think Cam hit a couple of balls hard, but that was it.

• Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

0 hits, 1 RBI, 3 K and a ball to the helmet. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Kennedy had:

Like my dad.  He has all the tools, but doesn’t really know how to use them all.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Kennedy had:

12 minutes ago, Ewreck10 said:

Made a pretty damn good catch too!

^^^

5 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Fletch called the lead off walk and EK postseason clutchness. Impressive my man, impressive.

@Fletch can you predict a 12 run shutout for us tomorrow?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

A bunch of abysmal ABs.  I think Cam hit a couple of balls hard, but that was it.

? Trey roped a double, Mitch had a double, Cam hit 2 balls hard right at people, Ardoin roped one to right, Kennedy hit the ball well most of the night, Antico lined out to 1B and there was a couple more. Ivan continues to looks sick, Zubia was uncharacteristically undisciplined tonight, and Hodo didn't have a good night either.

All in all it was what it was have to tip your cap sometimes, we did not play well at all offensively and they played about as good as they could and yet we still pulled it out.

Their two relievers threw 21 out of 24 pitches for strikes, they were just painting low and away with the slider much of the night and then late in the game we started swinging at it when they were running it off the plate

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

^^^

@Fletch can you predict a 12 run shutout for us tomorrow?

I mean how do you come back after that kick in the balls? Score 3 runs in the top of the 9th including an epic 2 run homer. Then your shortstop fumbled a routine grounder and you finally pay for having a shitty center fielder. Half their team is definitely crying right now wanting to be back on the beach. They’re done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, chase25 said:

? Trey roped a double, Mitch had a double, Cam hit 2 balls hard right at people, Ardoin roped one to right, Kennedy hit the ball well most of the night, Antico lined out to 1B and there was a couple more. Ivan continues to looks sick, Zubia was uncharacteristically undisciplined tonight, and Hodo didn't have a good night either.

All in all it was what it was have to tip your cap sometimes, we did not play well at all offensively and they played about as good as they could and yet we still pulled it out.

Their two relievers threw 21 out of 24 pitches for strikes, they were just painting low and away with the slider much of the night and then late in the game we started swinging at it when they were running it off the plate

I was specifically referring only to Zubia/Melendez/Williams ABs. Yep, Cam hit a couple of balls hard and had no luck.

8 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

When were the SFU fans in the stands being assholes? Before or after the game?

The “USF” fans were assholes during the pre-game “eyes” for yaking some goofy team (voodoo) chant during said moment.

it didn’t work. Almost, but no. Not strong enough.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

The “USF” fans were assholes during the pre-game “eyes” for yaking some goofy team (voodoo) chant during said moment.

it didn’t work. Almost, but no. Not strong enough.

The South Florida Hakka is not as intimidating when performed after hours, aka 5:00p