Austin Super Regional Thread

Horndog

33 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

He caught the ball in the glove, then dropped it transferring to the throwing hand. Similar to a double play where the fielder drops the ball on the transfer to make the throw to first, but the runner is still out at second. It's a judgment call, but IMHO the USF fielder made the catch, then dropped the ball.

Yup....the ol in the act of transfer call.  Ump got it right....

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

Love the looks on the south Florida players faces as they panned the dugout. Just their worst nightmare unfolding. Breaking opposing players hearts, a Texas baseball tradition unlike any other 

Yep.

That was USDA Prime butthurt right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Royale with cheese said:

That's about the size of it. Two highly unliklies: a catcher legging out an infield "hit" and Kennedy hitting one over anybody not an infielder. 

Yeah, I was impressed with Si there.  Nine innings squatting behind the plate, he had to dig deep for that.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Optimally you don't give up a 3 run lead in the top of the 9th at home against a Cinderella team - but again - looking around the country:

1. Arkansas - knotted 1-1 and playing win or go home tomorrow 

3. Tennessee - edged LSU 4-2 in game 1

4. Vandy - didn't crack 4 runs scored in either win (and ECU isn't really any better than USF)

5. Arizona - currently getting hammered 10-2 by Ole Miss - likely headed towards a game 3

6. TCU - gone

7. Miss St. - edged ND 9-8 tonight 

8. Tech - gone

We handled business and put a mountain of pressure on USF going into tomorrow. We need a good start from one of the best starters in the country, a couple of innings from the deepest bullpen in the country, and about 5 good hits and we will be headed to Omaha in 24 hours. 

This team can play better and they will. And if for some reason they don't we are going to be fucking loaded coming back next year. 

While I agree with most of this, fuck that “loaded next year” bullshit. We’re loaded this year and need to dogpile in Omaha. And then do it again next year. 

• Hook 'Em 5

45 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Yup....the ol in the act of transfer call.  Ump got it right....

Well then that’s a stupid fucking rule. He fuckin dropped  the ball don’t care what the rulebook says.

It should’ve been a catch either way but those damn JV outfielders catching  everything is just hilarious. All fucked up and off-balance and shit.

Edited by jw4381

51 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Going to the game tonight.

I will make it my mission to find this fucker, snap some pics, and put them on blast for all of Surly to consume.

Whatever happens after that is out of my control.

Pretty sure that is coming from Occupy LF.  That's a lot of people to start shit with.

11 hours ago, sidis said:

Christ, if whoever is blowing that fucking car horn sounding thing tonight is doing the same thing at the game I’m at tomorrow night, I may end up in jail tomorrow night for murder. 

It’s somebody in the occupy lf gang. They all but admit it here. I hate it. 

178A0BD8-59CD-48E1-9534-645222D0D49D.png

Just now, Lat22 said:

It’s somebody in the occupy lf gang. They all but admit it here. I hate it. 

178A0BD8-59CD-48E1-9534-645222D0D49D.png

Honestly that account is really annoying. You can be passionate but they take it to the extreme and thus, are extremely insufferable. 

33 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Pretty sure that is coming from Occupy LF.  That's a lot of people to start shit with.

I only hear one car horn.  I know people in OLF who hate that horn shit.

I'll flip it - Honking your fucking horn and acting like a bush league dooshnozzle in a crowd of thousands, most of whom do not enjoy your douchbaggery?  

That's a lot people to start shit with.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I have 4 in Sec 102 Row 4 with a parking pass tonight to see the Horns punch their ticket.  $120 if anyone is interested. 

Goddamnit Wabo!  Where were you about 2hrs ago?

Just bought a single, first row LF for more than that.

I hate you.

Image 6-13-21 at 9.51 AM.jpg

Edited by Cajun

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I love the idea of aglets rushing to their TVs to watch the upset... only to see EK restore order

E3u_UAPXoAIhNo2?format=jpg&name=smallE3u_UXvXoAQHtgK?format=jpg&name=smallE3u_Uy2X0AQkHem?format=jpg&name=small

So the team that beat 1) the sec Florida and 2) the other team in the regional to beat sec Florida, all in Gainesville, isn’t real competition.  Which makes sec florida even worse, which makes the sec teams that finished behind sec Florida even...worser.  Good to know. 

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Home plate umpire helped UCF out immensely.

There's not even a debate to be had.

Hell he couldn’t figure out where he wanted the zone to be with the 6’6 kid. While not so much for USF, It was a new zone every inning for both teams. 

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Do we know which teams the winner of our super regional be matched up against first in Omaha?

As stated, MSU/UND.  Dawgs up 1-0.  Based on the bracket uniformity this year for Covid, our whole side of the bracket ‘2’ will slide in total to Sunday in Omaha.  Extremely likely our game with either of those teams would be 6pm prime time while any game with DBU will be the 1p matinee.  Plan your Father’s Day accordingly. 

1 hour ago, 4HE said:

While I agree with most of this, fuck that “loaded next year” bullshit. We’re loaded this year and need to dogpile in Omaha. And then do it again next year. 

The time is now. And next year. And the year after. Pierce got over the first hurdle. Making it to Omaha once. Now do some damage and make the names on our stadium proud 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

Well then that’s a stupid fucking rule. He fuckin dropped  the ball don’t care what the rulebook says.

That call has benefited us many times through the years at second base on a double play attempt.  It is what it is..    He caught the ball and while transferring it to his hand to eventually throw it back in he dropped it.  That same call happens at second  all the time all over college baseball and MLB.   This  time it extended into the outfield

Edited by HuntinHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
55 minutes ago, Cajun said:
Goddamnit Wabo!  Where were you about 2hrs ago?
Just bought a single, first row LF for more than that.
I hate you.
438555980_Image6-13-21at9_51AM.jpg.6b6d6712820a10d6f75a71677ee5df9f.jpg

It's because wabo doesn't screw the man with "ticket fees".

No, he just screwed this man by sleeping late today.

FUUUUURK!!!

3 hours ago, Native Horn said:

I thought they were better than that.

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

"Some real competition" LMAO

aggy RPI Rank - 86

Texas Longhorns - 5

/OKGomer

To be fair, we did get shutout in a meaningless weekday game with a shitty SEC team this season.

• Rage+1 1