But Your Honor, She Was Hot

RPM

A former trooper with the Minnesota State Patrol admitted in court on Tuesday to texting himself nude photos from the phone of a woman he arrested last year. The admission was part of a guilty plea that allows him to avoid a felony conviction.

Hennepin County prosecutors originally charged Albert Kuehne, 37, of Dayton, with felony stalking, but reduced the charge to "nonconsensual dissemination of private sexual images," a gross misdemeanor.

Investigators said Kuehne took a 25-year-old woman's phone after she was involved in a single-car accident at Interstate 94 and Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis in March of last year.

According to the criminal complaint, Kuehne detained the woman on suspicion of driving under the influence and later searched her phone without the woman's consent.

Upon her return home, her boyfriend was using the woman's laptop computer, which is linked to her cellphone. Laptop records show the woman's phone was accessed and nude photos of her were texted from it to an unknown phone, the complaint states.

Her boyfriend called the phone number and the person who answered eventually identified himself as Kuehne.

https://kstp.com/news/former-minnesota-state-trooper-pleads-guilty-to-sending-nude-photos-of-woman-to-his-phone/6134901/

• Hook 'Em 1

we need to change the minimum requirements for being a cop. minimum 4 year degree and a year's worth of intensive training on crisis mitigation and de-escalation. 

the recruiting population for cops are stupid high school or GED graduates and ex military. most dudes who joined the military were too stupid to go to college. 

and we need to get rid of the police union who protect these assholes. 

good cops quit, bad cops retire. i think that's more true than ever.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

we need to change the minimum requirements for being a cop. minimum 4 year degree and a year's worth of intensive training on crisis mitigation and de-escalation. 

the recruiting population for cops are stupid high school or GED graduates and ex military. most dudes who joined the military were too stupid to go to college. 

They disqualify drug users.  That eliminates anyone who had fun in college.

51 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

your opinion of "college" is about 25 years outdated

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

You should think before you post.

Many police departments already require a 4 yr degree to even apply. As @SwanderedTalent talent just posted, that liberal arts degree can also be a bit overrated.

Per your comment on the  US military, it is probably the most educated military in the world. This has been true since the 80's. Many recruits have college hrs. prior to joining or are getting them while in the service and/or leaving with a degree. Many join because they cannot afford a college education, not because they are dumb.

Not taking sides with the officer, but if you looked at the OP pics in the post, it shows him with Lieutenant's bars in his military dress blues. A military officer with his stupid 4yr. degree. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You should think before you post.

Many police departments already require a 4 yr degree to even apply. As @SwanderedTalent talent just posted, that liberal arts degree can also be a bit overrated.

Per your comment on the  US military, it is probably the most educated military in the world. This has been true since the 80's. Many recruits have college hrs. prior to joining or are getting them while in the service and/or leaving with a degree. Many join because they cannot afford a college education, not because they are dumb.

Not taking sides with the officer, but if you looked at the OP pics in the post, it shows him with Lieutenant's bars in his military dress blues. A military officer with his stupid 4yr. degree. 

my bad on not reading about his credentials. the 4 year college requirement is not ubiquitous. some cities have that, some cities just require a high school or GED.

so i guess the takeaway is that there's no way to hire better cops. they are just assholes.

• Hook 'Em 1

The snobbery and ignorance regarding the military on this site can be uphauling...The media doesn't help. If they can find a military background in any criminal that's the first thing they report: "Ex-army private convicted in string of rapes"; "Former sailor arrested in fatal DWI crash" and shit. And then you read more and find out they were kicked out of whatever branch they were in for being the idiots or scumbags they continue to be. That they had once enlisted is as relevant as any other job they tried out and failed at; it's not like they learned how to be assholes in the military. It's the opposite -- they military found out they were assholes and gave them the boot. 

Yes there are assholes on active duty who make it through their enlistment without getting kicked out. And yes, there are some in the service who are pretty fucking dumb, too, but no dumber on average than your typical freshman at some third or fourth-tier state school. But there are others who are really fucking smart who either don't have the money for college or are nudged / pushed / threatened with death at the hands of their father  if they don't enlist and get some discipline. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

spacer.png

Not the most masculine looking fellow, eh?

If that is an official army photo, it might not be his fault. All the headshots in my son's boot camp yearbook thingy were filtered beyond belief. Our tax dollars at work -- some chick in South Carolina making raw soldiers look like girly men for posterity.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The snobbery and ignorance regarding the military on this site can be uphauling...The media doesn't help. If they can find a military background in any criminal that's the first thing they report: "Ex-army private convicted in string of rapes"; "Former sailor arrested in fatal DWI crash" and shit. And then you read more and find out they were kicked out of whatever branch they were in for being the idiots or scumbags they continue to be. That they had once enlisted is as relevant as any other job they tried out and failed at; it's not like they learned how to be assholes in the military. It's the opposite -- they military found out they were assholes and gave them the boot. 

Yes there are assholes on active duty who make it through their enlistment without getting kicked out. And yes, there are some in the service who are pretty fucking dumb, too, but no dumber on average than your typical freshman at some third or fourth-tier state school. But there are others who are really fucking smart who either don't have the money for college or are nudged / pushed / threatened with death at the hands of their father  if they don't enlist and get some discipline. 

In my somewhat limited experience, those that serve are a pretty good representation of America. I was on a work project recently and had an opportunity to go out to Ft Bragg and spend some time with the 82nd Airborne. To a person, they could not have been cooler. They all had their shit together and were very confident but not overly cocky, very helpful and pretty fun to be around. I've also know a bunch of guys that were dipshits when they enlisted and dipshits when they got out after serving 4 years in some shitty vocational post because it was all they qualified for on the ASVAB. 

As for how we fix police? Just stop letting regular patrol officers carry a gun. That will clean up the applicant pool quite a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How pissed off is this cop? You let us flip pregnant women's cars, drag people through the bayou and execute them, roll up to serve warrants sicario style, but I'm getting in trouble for stealing some nudes?? 

Would be a legit defense.

On 6/10/2021 at 8:50 AM, crash_davis said:

I know functionally illiterate people who managed to graduate college. One guy in particular I played hs football graduated from Harvard as a legacy. Think the overweight guy from Varsity Blues. 

I know functionally illiterate people who managed to graduate college. One guy in particular I played hs football graduated from Harvard as a legacy. Think the overweight guy from Varsity Blues. 

I didn’t know you went to Harvard Elm!

On 6/10/2021 at 2:31 PM, BillyGoatHill said:

The US military and public service agencies strive for their forces and departments to reflect the citizens that they serve. Even those on here.

Narrator:  We're screwed.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:21 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

On 6/10/2021 at 3:57 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

In my somewhat limited experience, those that serve are a pretty good representation of America. I was on a work project recently and had an opportunity to go out to Ft Bragg and spend some time with the 82nd Airborne. To a person, they could not have been cooler. They all had their shit together and were very confident but not overly cocky, very helpful and pretty fun to be around. I've also know a bunch of guys that were dipshits when they enlisted and dipshits when they got out after serving 4 years in some shitty vocational post because it was all they qualified for on the ASVAB. 

As for how we fix police? Just stop letting regular patrol officers carry a gun. That will clean up the applicant pool quite a bit. 

crash was overzealous but which subgroup of the societal reflection in the military are beat cops 10 years later? That's the issue.

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

crash was overzealous but which subgroup of the societal reflection in the military are beat cops 10 years later? That's the issue.

I've posted this before but as far as I can recall none of these egregious shootings have come at the hands of cops who were real vets. Chauvin was a guardsman or some shit; doesn't count. And there was the countervailing anecdote of the Iraq combat vet-turned-cop fired from a West Virginia force for attempting to de-escalate a situation with a suicidal Black man with a gun and saying "Just shoot me." Vet cop refused, fell back on military ROE instead, and was in the process of possibly saving the dude's life when one of his hero brothers in blue rolled up behind him and killed the dude in seconds; vet cop sued, and won, for wrongful dismissal IIRC. And the dead guy's gun was not loaded. 

I've said this before on here as well: we need more militarization of the police, not less, and of a different sort than the militarization they are enjoying now. Take away those MRAPs and other tacticool weaponry and gear and subject them to a uniform code of justice. Fuck, in some ways, civilians in countries with which are at war are safer from our armed forces than our own civilians are from American police, at least in terms of there being consequences down the line for those who get too triggerhappy. 

You fuck up in the military and your ass is going down, and in most cases, you can't just go to another branch and start over, like these cops do. Yes, there are exceptions, like that psycho SEAL Trump pardoned, but we saw that the reaction to that was not one general approval even within the SEALs, much less the military generally. 

Yes, this would entail the utter destruction of police unions, so it's pie in the sky, but I pledge to enact it after my upcoming putsch and eventual benevolent dictatorship comes to pass.