CWS Game 12: Texas vs. Mississippi State 6:55 CDT First Pitch

sidis

Shotgunning is really hard
One last thing. Everything else I said on Twitter was dumb.
But your shotgunning did indeed suck. That's hilarious that was the better version too.

If you come up to dfw. I'll shotgun a beer with ya sometime.

#HailState

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm not convinced of this. First, we aren't quite through yet. Assuming we beat MSU, and assuming we were going to play Vandy then it puts us at a slight disadvantage. But... I'm not convinced that Vandy would have won today or that they are even a better team right now than NC State. 

Quite possibly true. And there’s always it don’t make a shit, University of Texas at Omaha !!

Just now, Lobo said:

I don't think those players read surlyhorns anyway.  But yes, it is hilarious to me that the math behind sabremetrics of baseball for some reason is trustworthy, but math in public health is to be questioned at every turn.

But speaking of sabres, what's the Virginia Sword Pitcher up to today?  

"I'll take 'S Words' for $800, Alex." 

He's learning how to say "New Baseball" in different languages on Babbel.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Anyone know of a bar in central Austin that will have the sound on for the game tonight? I’d imagine Posse East will, and maybe Crown & Anchor. Any others?

Tavern is a good spot, or Scholz's.  It's just a tad east, but Haymaker on Manor has a great sound system and well placed TVs

12 minutes ago, msudawg said:

But your shotgunning did indeed suck. That's hilarious that was the better version too.

#HailState

Cool. Glad you are not pissed. Our infantile shit talking shouldn't be taken too seriously. Well unless you are OU.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm not convinced of this. First, we aren't quite through yet. Assuming we beat MSU, and assuming we were going to play Vandy then it puts us at a slight disadvantage. But... I'm not convinced that Vandy would have won today or that they are even a better team right now than NC State. 

If vandy was really going to risk their season on a bullpen day today, then it doesn’t fuck us with starting pitching matchups. Maybe with how long they leave leiter in, to give the pen a recovery day. 

I know little of the nc state starting pitching, but we tend to strike out a lot and so I’m sure most think leiter and rocker would mow through us.  Had state won, maybe we feel a little better about facing their arms?

Now that [mention=2729]msudawg[/mention] did the honorable thing and apologized, can we all go back to talking about sleeping with his mom/sister/wife/daughter (whichever is most offensive and legal)?

89591320a3e7d2ad3f06783699202e5b.gif
My mom's dead to me so fire away.

#HailState

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, troph said:

First I thought you were talking slang like it wasn’t a picture of one my super gay guy friends then I realized you were trying to insult me with a sailboat reference. Haha. 

Ha. I got stuck yesterday in a 30 minute conversation that you would have really enjoyed. Friend of mine and his girlfriend are sailing the boat from here to the Keys, Bahamas, Cuba, and then on down to Panama where they are moving. About every 5 minutes I was thinking this sounds great but when can we talk about the fishing?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, msudawg said:

Yea.. I was buzzed and pissed about the game. And forgot where I was since I've been on this site for so long. I was in the wrong.

Look IF I said Fuck (your school) (as an example) I would get neg banned likely and fairly so. Are you really complaining you got one neg from me?
I don't complain about anyone negging me over stupid stuff.

Either way. Gents have a good day. I'm out till after the game. I'll come back tomorrow and say good season if we win or good luck fuck vandy if we lose.

#HailState

22 minutes ago, msudawg said:

#HailState

There’s a thread for any and all who want to out do my shotgunning. Until then I’m the leader in the clubhouse 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Anyone, Horn or Bulldog, who is sweating bullets over Vandy and their easy set-up, backed in Championship bracket situation needs to rewatch that last game and watch dudes who hadn't swung the stick all season get up in the box and rake their world beater "stud" pitcher.

Texas & MSU are by FAR the two best teams left in this and there is no argument, except for those who want to mental gymnastics their way into fantasy land.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Anyone, Horn or Bulldog, who is sweating bullets over Vandy and their easy set-up, backed in Championship bracket situation needs to rewatch that last game and watch dudes who hadn't swung the stick all season get up in the box and rake their world beater "stud" pitcher.

Texas & MSU are by FAR the two best teams left in this and there is no argument, except for those who want to mental gymnastics their way into fantasy land.

I think it sucks and of course it only takes a gem from Leiter, which he is obviously very capable of, to put Texas/MSU back quickly against the wall but had Vandy won today it was going to have to go through at least one of Leiter/Rocker anyway.

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yep. We’ve played a good chunk of their sec opponents and besides the very first weekend Texas has done well against them.  Vandy is a lot like us offensively when going against good pitching but our defense is better and the bullpen is deeper. Hell, if Stevens is on, I think vandy would have trouble producing much.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I was not sober in the slightest last night but you were mad about me shotgunning a beer? The fuck kind of website do you think you’re on dude?

Has anyone ever told you that you look like a young, slightly chubby Tom Herman?

• Haha 1

My observations from last night:

Zubia & Melendez breaking out of their slumps is muy bueno.

Antico personifies what a baseball player should be. 

Melendez's shot reminded me of Pujols' shot off of Brad Lidge.

Not sure about Pierce's thought processes.

Watching so many close 3rd strikes is aggravating as hell! Swing the @#$%(&* bat!!!

Lotsa short sighted beer drinkers on here (ran out).

A few short sighted weed smokers on here (ran out).

Whiskey drinkers choose between options, don't fret about running out. Winner!!!

Having history & tradition on your side sure feels good.

Are we home or visitors tonight? It don't make a shit!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Rewatching the game and we're at the part where MSU dude thought he was hit by the pitch but wasn't.  

These fucking announcers.

I'd have more respect for them if they'd just come out and say, "Hey, we're all against Texas.  We don't want to watch another dog pile".  What a bunch of yuk monkeys.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

If it was Arkansas, it would be his sister.

Dude, I used to spend 1 week of every month in Arkansas for work (I'm not proud of that) and it's the whole goddamned family.

Just trust me on this.

I see a lot of bitching about taking strikes.  That is our game.  It is especially important tonight, because we need to get into their bullpen early.  Best case scenario for us is to pile up pitch count early against their starter.  That requires lots of two strike counts and laying off pitches just out of the zone.  Walks are what drive up pitch count.  You have to live with some caught lookings, especially with these terrible umps.  If the guy is hitting his spots again, then you have to tip your cap.

Now what I am NOT looking forward to is all those crowd shots of squashed-face mississippians.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think it sucks and of course it only takes a gem from Leiter, which he is obviously very capable of, to put Texas/MSU back quickly against the wall but had Vandy won today it was going to have to go through at least one of Leiter/Rocker anyway.

I don't think there is anyway that vandy was throwing allstaff in an elimination game. Its bullshit cover.  they were going to start Leiter but he might not go more than 4 or 5 if they got a good lead.  our bracket got fucked.  they should have allowed the game to be played to force Vandy to use pitchers.  they know full well the advantage it gives them.

our bullpen will be depleted more than Vandy's now and Leiter and Rocker get full rest.

We are going to do this the hardest way possible and give a big FU to SEC and NCAA.