CWS Game 14: Texas vs Mississippi State - super elimination edition

immamac

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Fuck y’all pulling for MSU. I hope the whole state of Nebraska gets hit by an asteroid, nuked and then sinks into the Earth’s core once we depart 

MSU has never won it before. We don't want Vandy to win 3.

But more importantly it really doesn't matter who I root for because I am not watching that SEC suckfest that ESPN is going to serve us.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Welp, Texas lost a game they never trailed and managed to instead of strike a guy out, put him on base and then fuck up the throw to second on the steal.  Two blunders bit them in the ass late.

Look MSU is good enough to win it all. You either play championship ball at the end or you don’t.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Cajun said:

Yep.  He's still learning, which is a bit disconcerting, but the dude has built this program back big time.  Some of his behaviors need to change and if they don't then I will join in on the "get rid of him" chorus.

Yea he needs to continue learning the game day management but he clearly gets everything else very well. Culture, team, tradition he has been fantastic with and has brought us back. In game decision making not great

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I will say this, Miss St won on some odd bounces, a late hit to the back foot that was prob pretty damn lucky and a bad toss that is normally cake on the exchange from Silas to second.  I like our chances if this is what it took for Miss St to win.  

No you idiot we got breaks all game. Just ask @Henry Hill. He might neg you and tell you you're obtuse, though.

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

You run out of arms when you're in the losers bracket you mouth breathers.  If we pull Stevens earlier, Quintanilla eventually gives up a run or has to be pulled before the 9th and then....?

We had 3 or 4 guys that didn't throw a pitch in Omaha. We didn't run out of pitchers, Pierce as a low baseball IQ and can't feel when the momentum is shifting and make the proper adjustments. I feel for Stevens and Quintanilla tonight, both pitched their hearts out only to be let down by the head coach.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yep.  He's still learning, which is a bit disconcerting, but the dude has built this program back big time.  Some of his behaviors need to change and if they don't then I will join in on the "get rid of him" chorus.

He runs to the final four regularly ain’t no one running him anywhere except to the statute folks for a bust out front by the ticket window.  

he’s gonna learn, his instinct with Stevens was right he needs to dial it back in an inch and he makes the perfect decision. He’s close I think.  

Just now, HtownHorn said:

We had 3 or 4 guys that didn't throw a pitch in Omaha. We didn't run out of pitchers, Pierce as a low baseball IQ and can't feel when the momentum is shifting and make the proper adjustments. I feel for Stevens and Quintana tonight, both pitched their hearts out only to be let down by the head coach.

Uh huh. Tell us more of your insight into the dynamic of this team.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, troph said:

Oh yeah God was with you Leggett, arrogant prick I hate the God believers like he hates Cole or some shit. Get outta here with that crap. It’s arrogant as hell.

It's a kid parroting shit he's been taught his whole life.

Lighten up Francis.

• Hook 'Em 1

MSU has never won it before. We don't want Vandy to win 3.
But more importantly it really doesn't matter who I root for because I am not watching that SEC suckfest that ESPN is going to serve us.

They are bringing in Tebow to do color.

Not really, but it would not surprise me.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

He runs to the final four regularly ain’t no one running him anywhere except to the statute folks for a bust out front by the ticket window.  

he’s gonna learn, his instinct with Stevens was right he needs to dial it back in an inch and he makes the perfect decision. He’s close I think.  

I'm not sure what all of this means, but I think I agree.

His 3rd base coaching needs to improve fast or go away, however.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

We had 3 or 4 guys that didn't throw a pitch in Omaha. We didn't run out of pitchers, Pierce as a low baseball IQ and can't feel when the momentum is shifting and make the proper adjustments. I feel for Stevens and Quintana tonight, both pitched their hearts out only to be let down by the head coach.

I have been told that we had no other pitchers left despite a multi game starter with a sub 2 era not having thrown a pitch in Omaha.

WHaT eLse CaN wE DOoooo?

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why do you think this?

There's Witt who completely lost all control last night in his 2nd inning of work coming two days after throwing 6 innings, Nixon who threw two high stress innings last night separated by a 2 hour rain delay, and then guys who haven't pitched in a month.  Maybe Pete could have gone an inning.  It was always going to be tough.

Edited by WBT

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Look MSU is good enough to win it all. You either play championship ball at the end or you don’t.

We had our chance with Campbell in scoring position. Just didn't get it done. It wasn't like we were going to hold MSU forever. 

But it's over. No more baseball until February. Sucks. Nothing to do but wait for football to start.

I love all you regular baseball junkies who have been with me on this board since the freeze. See you guys and gals here next season.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You guys have got to be fucking kidding me. We finally have an offense again and you fuckers wanna blow it all up? 

You don't understand. He's been here for 4 full seasons and hasn't won a title yet. Every Longhorn manager since *checks notes* well, no one, won a title in his first 4 years! Trips to Omaha 2/4 years just ain't good enough.

Even though it took Cliff 8 years to win it all and Augie 6 years, it's obvious after 4 that Pierce is never going to win it all. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3