CWS Game 14: Texas vs Mississippi State - super elimination edition

immamac

Anybody wanting to fire Pierce is being an emotional woman. None of ya know the bigger plan or who he doesn't trust in the clutch. 

If we had won, we would have done it with a doubled hit count. Rhys not going to get it done.

I'm cheering for Vandy. I'm sick of pretenders who think they can put the horns down in our face. Very few teams can get away with that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We had 3 or 4 guys that didn't throw a pitch in Omaha. We didn't run out of pitchers, Pierce as a low baseball IQ and can't feel when the momentum is shifting and make the proper adjustments. I feel for Stevens and Quintanilla tonight, both pitched their hearts out only to be let down by the head coach.

Considering your entire posting history on this site, you should really avoid accusing others of having any type of low IQ. Glass houses and all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WBT said:

There's Witt who completely lost all control last night in his 2nd inning of work coming two days after throwing 6 innings, Nixon who threw two high stress innings last night separated by a 2 hour rain delay, and then guys who haven't pitched in a month.  Maybe Pete could have gone an inning.  It was always going to be tough.

Why do y’all think we didn’t have pitchers? Seriously what the fuck are y’all talking about

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We had 3 or 4 guys that didn't throw a pitch in Omaha. We didn't run out of pitchers, Pierce as a low baseball IQ and can't feel when the momentum is shifting and make the proper adjustments. I feel for Stevens and Quintanilla tonight, both pitched their hearts out only to be let down by the head coach.

We have a great bullpen but after Q, Witt and Nixon this MSU team gets their hits. Cole was dealing. He didn’t even throw that bad of a pitch. It was a slider dropping in the zone the kid reached and got it. Shit happens.

• Hook 'Em 2

MSU is the best team left in this deal and it's not close.  

Now, that doesn't mean they'll win b/c Vandy has been given every fucking advantage possible and then some, but thinking MSU has no shot here is hilarious.  These guys are legit.  Vandy is beyond questionable.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Henry Hill said:

Well…when you tell me to suck your dick for disagreeing with you…

Oh sorry I just watched a Texas team that I watched all season get walked off in Omaha an inning away from the championship series. 

BTW Skip Bayless is a multi millionaire. Nice insult. 

We disagree on what a "break" is for this team. I took it out on you because I was pretty heated. Nothing personal. But seriously... don't double neg me for one neg. That's bush. 

Just now, utee94 said:

What's this "we" stuff?

MSU is the aggy of Mississippi.  Vanderbilt is an actual legitimate university.  FUCK no I'm not rooting for the Mississippi aggy.

Sorry. It is better for our program that one of the other top programs win it. Regardless of how toothless and redneck their grads are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

What's this "we" stuff?

MSU is the aggy of Mississippi.  Vanderbilt is an actual legitimate university.  FUCK no I'm not rooting for the Mississippi aggy.

This. MSU is a trashy Mississippi aggy fan base. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ldogg53 said:

Oh snap.  

The Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic has announced its 2022 tournament field in full, which includes Baylor, LSUOklahomaTennesseeTexas and UCLA. The three-day, six-team, nine-game tournament will be held at Minute Maid Park from March 4-6, 2022. A full tournament schedule for the 22nd annual event will be announced at a later date.

The difference today was the bullpen. Simms probably is the best closer there is, and unfortunately for us, he was  not having an off day. When they brought in Simms with the game tied, I had a bad feeling we wouldn't be able to score again. Cole pitched well enough but he is no match for Simms. Big time closers win you championships.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

UT is in the 2022 minute maid college classic. i know ill see some of yall there !

I’ll be there, but I’m hoping some of you aren’t.  I guess that won’t be a problem though since we won’t hear from those posters until we’re back in Omaha listening to them post about firing Pierce. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sorry. It is better for our program that one of the other top programs win it. Regardless of how toothless and redneck their grads are.

No.  It isn't. 

You just went fully aggy.  Never go full aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’ll be there, but I’m hoping some of you aren’t.  I guess that won’t be a problem though since we won’t hear from those posters until we’re back in Omaha listening to them post about firing Pierce. 

The Shriners Hospitals for Children College Classic has announced its 2022 tournament field in full, which includes Baylor, LSUOklahomaTennesseeTexas and UCLA. The three-day, six-team, nine-game tournament will be held at Minute Maid Park from March 4-6, 2022. A full tournament schedule for the 22nd annual event will be announced at a later date.

Welp. Thoroughly enjoyed this season of Texas Baseball.  Saw this team play live for the first time in a long time. Seems like the team is back to a place where they can compete every year.  These freshmen will have more experience next year, and we get some new kids and kick some ass next year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Eastwood said:

Calling for Pierce to be fired is some next-level UT fan bitchassery. I swear to christ...

Agreed, We have chased out a few coaches (some of them may have been deserving) only to end up in a worse position than we were before in some of our other sports.  We got to the final four.  Was every decision perfect, no. Will anyone ever always make the right decision 100 percent of the time.  no.  But he did get us to the final four.  Asking for his job because we weren't the 1 team out of all of college baseball to win this year seems stupid. 

What's this "we" stuff?

I tend to think of us as Vandy and UF - and then all the others. I admit I’m biased.

I’m rooting for Vandy over ‘Ole Missy’s annoying little brother….but that whistling ass-wipe is close to flipping that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

These last 3 days of Horn's baseball has been awesome.
HBP was just bad luck and we went up against 2 of the best pitchers in college tonight.
I don't like the loss but certainly have enjoyed the ride.
Looking forward to next season with the talent that will be here.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

I tend to think of us as Vandy and UF - and then all the others. I admit I’m biased.

I’m rooting for Vandy over ‘Ole Missy’s annoying little brother….but that whistling ass-wipe is close to flipping that.

This…and there’s two of them.

Edited by Henry Hill

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We had our chance with Campbell in scoring position. Just didn't get it done. It wasn't like we were going to hold MSU forever. 

But it's over. No more baseball until February. Sucks. Nothing to do but wait for football to start.

I love all you regular baseball junkies who have been with me on this board since the freeze. See you guys and gals here next season.

Love your takes. I was a no show around here most of the season - didn’t want the bullshit after the SEC losses early - but I was watching. Can’t wait for next year it’s great to be back! Go horns !!

• Like 1

At the end of the day... MSU is a pretty badass team. We had to win game 1 and we didn't. If they beat Vandy I'm fine with being the 2nd best team in the country because I think that's about right. 

We'll be better next year. Antico is awesome but not irreplaceable. Same with Madden. Witt is going to be a fucking stud next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

At risk of spewing another “get ‘em next year” cliche bullshit, our returning roster and staff will now have the experience to go along with the program history and expectations we have been accustomed to. Not a great ending this year, but this experience is current and should keep the machine cranking from players and especially (hopefully) the staff. I’m talking to you in particular, Pierce. 
There. I talked myself off the ledge.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

No.  It isn't. 

You just went fully aggy.  Never go full aggy.

I don't know what this means.

If you need me to not think it is bad for us if Vandy becomes some dynasty that churns out title after title. I guess I won't.

But I want all the top players to come here not to SECSECSEC baseball Alabama.

But I barely care beyond just stating the obvious.

Fine go Vandy. Be the next great dynasty.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why do y’all think we didn’t have pitchers? Seriously what the fuck are y’all talking about

Who are you going to throw? Lucas Gordon who was shaky towards the end of the season and only faced one batter all tournament? Palmer Wenzel? Jared Southard who I love but has 10 innings all year? You going to throw Kolby who in 2 of his last 3 starts has looked absolutely pitiful? 

Tonight was going to be the Tristan and Cole show and Tristan couldn’t give us enough. Is what it is. Putting anyone else in the game would have just been a Hail Mary and a prayer.

• Hook 'Em 4