2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wait. Somehow maryland has/had 2 stud LBs? God fucking damnit. We shit. 

Yep, that was two of their top 3 commits last year. Lewis was the 5-star that only landed there because he was a POS that almost everyone backed off of.

Branden Jennings was the other one, high 4-star who looked really good this year before he got injured. Haven’t heard anything negative about him.

15 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Would love to have him or someone equally experienced and proven... but he probably just follows his coach to Washington. I think he was there originally iirc? Then some drama with Lake or something like that. Either way I imagine it won't matter since that staff will be gone. 

I get in theory it is somewhat delusional to expect accomplished QBs to transfer to a five win team with OL issues... but the whole fucking point of hiring Sark was for situations like this. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I love seeing it happen to OU but what's happening there is an indictment on the current state of college football. A coach leaving for another job resulting in a completely decimated program is not a good system. 

With that said, I hope we are prepared to go all out for Mims if he portals. And if Caleb Williams doesn't automatically go to USC we better have an absolutely monster NIL deal ready to throw at him.

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I love seeing it happen to OU but what's happening there is an indictment on the current state of college football. A coach leaving for another job resulting in a completely decimated program is not a good system. 

Ok, but is the players getting stuck with some random asshole who didn't recruit them any better?

• Hook 'Em 3

Would love to have him or someone equally experienced and proven... but he probably just follows his coach to Washington. I think he was there originally iirc? Then some drama with Lake or something like that. Either way I imagine it won't matter since that staff will be gone. 
I get in theory it is somewhat delusional to expect accomplished QBs to transfer to a five win team with OL issues... but the whole fucking point of hiring Sark was for situations like this. 

giphy.gif
Give sark a week or 6.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Ok, but is the players getting stuck with some random asshole who didn't recruit them any better?

No it's not. But having free agency for everyone every year, with NIL and all the underground shit that happens, is not a recipe for a good sport.

At least the NFL has contracts, salary cap, etc to govern all that stuff. Maybe if college players want to be paid like pros (which I'm in favor of), there needs to be some actual enforceable rules like any other pro sport. Some kind of balance. Tricky to solve.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

With that said, I hope we are prepared to go all out for Mims if he portals. And if Caleb Williams doesn't automatically go to USC we better have an absolutely monster NIL deal ready to throw at him.

I'm not sold on williams. Especially in sarks offense. Guy is not that great of a passer.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ll be the minority and receive the hate. But is committing to the school not the coach a thing anymore 

I think there's a middle ground. Kids should commit to the school but they also shouldn't be totally tied down. Like maybe you have 2 free transfer windows - after year 2 and after you graduate, that's it. Or sit out a year anytime. With some exceptions for special situations like there used to be.

Stepping aside from coaching changes, the annual free agency with NIL is an absolute shitstorm in the making. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HornsTX231994 said:

Is there ever a player that Texas doesn’t hate at OU maybe except for Rattler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hated Rattler. Just watch that Netflix deal and you'll hate him let alone going to OU. You're right though, I pretty much hate all OU players.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hated Rattler. Just watch that Netflix deal and you'll hate him let alone going to OU. You're right though, I pretty much hate all OU players.

I thought he was an absolute prick, very happy he was going to OU. I knew the attitude issues would arise if things didn’t go perfectly for him. I only liked him cause he almost cost them like 3/4 of the games he started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't hate Sam Bradford as much as their prolific number of douche canoe players over time. Paul Thompson, too, actually.

I mean I still hate them from a football perspective and wished them nothing but failure on the football field for the rest of their lives, but I didn't hate them as much as the rest.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I didn't hate Sam Bradford as much as their prolific number of douche canoe players over time. Paul Thompson, too, actually.

I mean I still hate them from a football perspective and wished them nothing but failure on the football field for the rest of their lives, but I didn't hate them as much as the rest.

I kind of liked Wahoo McDaniel, Joe Don Looney and Lance Rentzel. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I used to love Chief Jay Strongbow, billed from Pawhuska, OK even though he was really an Italian from New Jersey.

I sure would love a face turn or two from these OU players. It would be like when Nikita Koloff jumped in to help Dusty Rhodes against the Four Horsemen. 

Edited by Duane Moore

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

No way Caleb Williams comes here. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think we're about to see trap doors coming completely unhinged over the next week, starting now. I won't be surprised if Texas sees 10+ players announce their intentions to leave. Adding Adaloeyeyeye to that list, I'm guessing 15 guys. 

Personally this is music to my ears. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think we're about to see trap doors coming completely unhinged over the next week, starting now. I won't be surprised if Texas sees 10+ players announce their intentions to leave. Adding Adaloeyeyeye to that list, I'm guessing 15 guys. 

1. Please explain how coaches (like Saban) trapdoor guys currently on their rosters?
  2. Are there any current 2022 commits that might get a trapdoor?   (like long snapper)

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up and I'm an idiot

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:
  1. I'm assuming you're talking about guys on the existing roster since this is the portal thread?
  2. Please explain how coaches (like Saban) trapdoor guys currently their rosters?
  3. Are there any current 2022 commits that might get a trapdoor?   (like long snapper)

1) Yes.

2) There are different ways of doing it, but the most common is sitting a guy down and telling him you don't see him ever getting much playing time at the school unless dramatic shit changes from whatever perspective is important to the coach. They could also tell them that they want them to switch positions and they can do that or leave. They can also simply tell them they're not renewing their scholarship.

3) I don't think the long snapper is getting a scholarship. I know people can throw tweets and quotes out to the contrary, but I don't see it. Same for the kicker. Had the season gone better, and if the staff could actually recruit as well as it thought it could, I think Johnson, Swanson, and Winfield would have all been weened from the list. As it stands, they didn't want to lose Winfield and I don't hear much buzz about the other two guys not being wanted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
  1. Please explain how coaches (like Saban) trapdoor guys currently on their rosters?
  2. Are there any current 2022 commits that might get a trapdoor?   (like long snapper)

I still find it hard to believe that the longsnapper is actually a scholarship guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'll play. The COVID year makes it tough because I'm constantly confused on who still has eligibility and a few of these guys may have already quit, but:

QB: Thompson, Wright

WR: Woodward, Dixon, Harrison

OL: TJohnson, Ghirmai, Garth

TE: Wiley, Liebrock

DL:  Goram-Welch, Dorbah

LB: Hullaby, Adeoye

DB: Adimora, Caldwell

It's shocking how easy it is to get over 15 when looking at that roster. 

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I'll play. The COVID year makes it tough because I'm constantly confused on who still has eligibility and a few of these guys may have already quit, but:

QB: Thompson, Wright

WR: Woodward, Dixon, Harrison

OL: TJohnson, Ghirmai, Garth

TE: Wiley, Liebrock

DL:  Goram-Welch, Dorbah

LB: Hullaby, Adeoye

DB: Adimora, Caldwell

It's shocking how easy it is to get over 15 when looking at that roster. 

Woodard and Adeoye just entered yesterday, I think Thompson, Johnson, and Ghirmai will for sure go, the rest who knows. 

Dixon is the mystery man to me, I still can't figure out how the guy can't get on the field at the end of the season. Some have said it was mental, but holy shit dude, I think one play we lined up the nacho vendor.  

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Woodard and Adeoye just entered yesterday, I think Thompson, Johnson, and Ghirmai will for sure go, the rest who knows. 

Dixon is the mystery man to me, I still can't figure out how the guy can't get on the field at the end of the season. Some have said it was mental, but holy shit dude, I think one play we lined up the nacho vendor.  

Yeah- and he made a couple good catches and whenever we threw him the ball he seemed to be wide ass open.  With how bad the receivers played I can't believe he didn't get more run.  

What's funny when looking at his stats he's basically been as productive as Demas at aggy.  

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)