2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn't Johnson leave the team during the season?

Or maybe not. I don't know. Everything after the first quarter of the OU game was like a horrific nightmare I'm still trying to block out.

Come on now. I think we were dicked enough during the season. Don't we have something better to discuss than Johnson?

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Come on now. I think we were dicked enough during the season. Don't we have something better to discuss than Johnson?

Look man. All I'm trying to say is that Johnson really screwed us. And then when we actually could have used some Johnson, he pulled out.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Too weak for the new look ruff and tuff sooners

OU certainly needs Trigg (the SC TE transfer) more than Dart.

Dart going to OU complicates things as much as he helps. OU's 2021 QB drama is a perfect example of why. Surprising no one, there's stuff leaking out about how Rattler was a divisive figure after he was benched.

Trigg has been projected to Mississippi also, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Radical Larry said:

Sooners still shockingly without a serious replacement for receiving targets (the lone TE transfer is more of a blocker so far in his career).

I wonder if they move Bowman to offense and Wllis strictly to WR because right now they only have 9 WR, including 2 true Fr. Only 3 WR have significant experience.

???
Understanding Caleb Williams was leaving, Gabriel was the #1 reasonable replacement in my mind.  I think OU learned "talent wins out" doesn't always apply.
Gabriel provides a very high floor.

Look, we don’t fault you for any of these conclusions. We understand the rationalizations that y’all have to conjure to get through this disastrous offseason, but in reality there is no scenario where it is better for a talented QB to go elsewhere. Especially when there is no entrenched starter on campus.
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Look, we don’t fault you for any of these conclusions. We understand the rationalizations that y’all have to conjure to get through this disastrous offseason, but in reality there is no scenario where it is better for a talented QB to go elsewhere. Especially when there is no entrenched starter on campus.

Context brother.

Part of the reason for OU's disastrous 2021 season (based on expectations), was the preseason and in-season QB drama with 2 high upside guys, Rattler and Williams. That didn't work out well I think we can all agree.

I think we can also all agree that Lebby tampered/recruited Gabriel to OU. Why would Lebby go and get another QB to compete with a guy he pulled off UCLA's campus? If OU did bring in Dart, the Surly crowd, correctly, would be saying the Sooners were recreating the QB fiasco. 

Check the receipts, before Caleb left, I said OU should be looking at Gabriel as his replacement. In Williams absence, I think we can also agree that Gabriel is as close to an incumbent starter as you'll get based on his familiarity with Lebby and his system.

Edited by quigley

I think we can also all agree that Lebby tampered/recruited Gabriel to OU. Why would Lebby go and get another QB to compete with a guy he pulled off UCLA's campus? If OU did bring in Dart, the Surly crowd, correctly, would be saying the Sooners were recreating the QB fiasco. 

Is this the part where we just ignore that the OU staff hosted Dart for an official visit? Call me old fashioned, but typically inviting recruits to campus is a sign that you want them.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Is this the part where we just ignore that the OU staff hosted Dart for an official visit? Call me old fashioned, but typically inviting recruits to campus is a sign that you want them.

15 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Kindly do not confuse the issue with facts 

Who went with Dart on his OU visit?

To my knowledge, there aren't restrictions on the number of transfer candidates you can host so more the merrier.

15 hours ago, quigley said:

Context brother.

Part of the reason for OU's disastrous 2021 season (based on expectations), was the preseason and in-season QB drama with 2 high upside guys, Rattler and Williams. That didn't work out well I think we can all agree.

Check the receipts, before Caleb left, I said OU should be looking at Gabriel as his replacement. In Williams absence, I think we can also agree that Gabriel is as close to an incumbent starter as you'll get based on his familiarity with Lebby and his system.

Disregarding the notion that you didn't want Dart, your season didn't go to shit because of qb drama. It went to shit because Rattler sucked. There's no drama if he lived up to the hype. Wms (I can't believe I just did that) wasn't even expected to get meaningful snaps. Serous revisionist history going on here. 

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Disregarding the notion that you didn't want Dart, your season didn't go to shit because of qb drama. It went to shit because Rattler sucked. There's no drama if he lived up to the hype. Wms (I can't believe I just did that) wasn't even expected to get meaningful snaps. Serous revisionist history going on here. 

I don't expect that UT fans will listen to OU football players podcasts, but it's publicly available if you're interested (podcast on the prairie). The hosts stated that they could see Wms (congratulations, you used a standard abbreviation) was a more effective QB in preseason and Rattler was creating mischief after he was benched.

Do homework before leveling the critique.

• Fuck You 4

43 minutes ago, quigley said:

I don't expect that UT fans will listen to OU football players podcasts, but it's publicly available if you're interested (podcast on the prairie). The hosts stated that they could see Wms (congratulations, you used a standard abbreviation) was a more effective QB in preseason and Rattler was creating mischief after he was benched.

Ron Weasley Laugh GIF by Harry Potter

• Haha 2

Well, they both left y’all so I guess you don’t have to worry about them anymore. But yeah, it’s good not to have another talented QB on campus. Competition is bad and hurts feelings. That’s how sports works. Duh.
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)