2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

I wonder if this portal freedom and the money these guys are making in college will have repercussions on how these players will handle the NFL.  Ain’t no portal in the NFL so these players will have to learn that when things don’t go their way tough shit buddy.  You’re not going anywhere.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I wonder if this portal freedom and the money these guys are making in college will have repercussions on how these players will handle the NFL.  Ain’t no portal in the NFL so these players will have to learn that when things don’t go their way tough shit buddy.  You’re not going anywhere.   

Will they?  If they’re great players they can still be pricks.

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Grinning Odell Beckham Jr GIF by Uninterrupted

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stork642 said:

eli-manning-2217-usnews-getty-ftr_megl52

In all seriousness, I hope this means they get used to handling wealth in a more structured environment than real life.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Grinning Odell Beckham Jr GIF by Uninterrupted

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

eli-manning-2217-usnews-getty-ftr_megl52

In all seriousness, I hope this means they get used to handling wealth in a more structured environment than real life.

I think this will become more the norm or at least way more than what we’re seeing now.  

5 hours ago, stork642 said:

It's the exact opposite. If it's not going their way in the NFL they're just going to get cut, because 53 is a very small number for a football roster and there isn't room for dead weight. Most guys are perfectly happy to be on the 53 man, collect a NFL check, and build credit toward NFL retirement benefits. It's quite literally the end game.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Warehime and Mehringer to New Mexico, Herb Hand to Charlotte before his buddy Gus got him to UCF, Shawn Watson’s now at Northern Iowa, Sterling Gilbert just got fired at Syracuse by his buddy Dino Babers. I’m sure no P5 program will be hiring Andre Coleman. 

Im sure I’m missing some, but fuck it is a pathetic and depressing list when UT could hire just about any body in the country for these positions. 

This is why the people who were whining about Brennan Marion possibly not being here long are dumb as hell. You want a coach on the upswing, the alternative is the shitty coaches we’ve been hiring.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

So in order to be a great QB he just needs to do all the things a great QB does? Is that a fucking harbaugh quote? It’s easy to be a football player when you’re a football player 

I read it as “if Ewers earns the qb job and isn’t just given it in his teammates eyes, his position as team leader will give him the confidence to go out and sleep they coaches”. I also find myself to have the IQ of a caveman at times.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Warehime and Mehringer to New Mexico, Herb Hand to Charlotte before his buddy Gus got him to UCF, Shawn Watson’s now at Northern Iowa, Sterling Gilbert just got fired at Syracuse by his buddy Dino Babers. I’m sure no P5 program will be hiring Andre Coleman. 

Im sure I’m missing some, but fuck it is a pathetic and depressing list when UT could hire just about any body in the country for these positions. 

Where's Clay Jennings these days?

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)