2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Hmmm...there's another white WR from that area that's done pretty well.  One Mr. Cooper Kupp.

Hey, if we can get a no risk option to upgrade the number of guys who can contribute in our WR room then I am all for it. I will laugh if he passes Dixon, Cain, and Harrison on the depth chart. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Omeire has never been anything but a gaslighting effort by Herman’s crew. Their narrative worked for a summer on Nahlin and company. Anyone who saw the guy in HS and saw his numbers should have been laughing at the bullshit the entire time. Ricky’s one-hitter had it straight. 

He was Slomeire on the board for a calendar year, ffs. 2 practice reports, and now we’re cool with letting this spare ride a roster spot through 1M+ of surgeries on his already slow legs over three fucking seasons? Because Nahlin was nice one time? 

Get a GRIP. 

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Hmmm...there's another white WR from that area that's done pretty well.  One Mr. Cooper Kupp.

Lmao, “that area” is doing a lot of work there. Kupp is from Yakima, Washington. That’s like 700 plus miles away from Billings, Montana.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

He was Slomeire on the board for a calendar year, ffs. 2 practice reports, and now we’re cool with letting this spare ride a roster spot through 1M+ of surgeries on his already slow legs over three fucking seasons? Because Nahlin was nice one time? 

Get a GRIP. 

Wow, the hatred for a guy who literally gave up his body for Texas is a bit over the top. Do you think Bryce Young would have been on the roster if Omeire wasn't wasting that roster spot?

Also, I've had 3 knee surgeries. Can confirm I spent less than $1M combined for 3 surgeries plus rehab. I'm guessing his Max Out Of Pocket for two years is closer to $20k than $1M+. 

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

I know there’s still a few more days but anyone else surprised there hasn’t been more portal action this week? I expected a lot more entrants, both from other programs and ours

not really. Anyone who was good and planning on transferring already entered the portal. Most of the guys entering this late are dudes getting processed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Get a GRIP. 

So you're saying the situation would have been better had Bernie won?

Edited by TotallyLegit
jk, please don't send me to CR

47 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Wow, the hatred for a guy who literally gave up his body for Texas is a bit over the top. Do you think Bryce Young would have been on the roster if Omeire wasn't wasting that roster spot?

Also, I've had 3 knee surgeries. Can confirm I spent less than $1M combined for 3 surgeries plus rehab. I'm guessing his Max Out Of Pocket for two years is closer to $20k than $1M+. 

>1M surgeries not dollars. And there is no fucking way that you with your 3 surgeries would ever see the field from any place other than the stands or the end of the game to snap a shot with Bevo. So get your lame ass out of here and tell us about your glory days some other time.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

>1M surgeries not dollars. And there is no fucking way that you with your 3 surgeries would ever see the field from any place other than the stands or the end of the game to snap a shot with Bevo. So get your lame ass out of here and tell us about your glory days some other time.

What in the fuck are you on about? Dude was crying about the cost of Omeire's surgeries, which I have first-hand experience with paying for. At no point did I say anything about me playing football.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

What in the fuck are you on about? Dude was crying about the cost of Omeire's surgeries, which I have first-hand experience with paying for. At no point did I say anything about me playing football.

Macho Man Randy Savage Calm Down Its A Joke GIF - Macho Man Randy Savage Calm Down Its A Joke GIFs

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, quigley said:

OU better do something.

They have only 8 WR total, including 2 Fr (Fr WR are usually bad) and third year players who've been just JAGs.

they are absolutely having a come to jesus meeting next year, all the way around.

OU O and D FEI the last 5 years: 8/56, 19/7, 4/58, 1/97, 1/57

basically any offensive drop is going to kill them until (if) they get their defense straight. Venables is a great DC who has been a coach for almost 30 years and has *ZERO* head coaching experience, it's hard to be both a very very good coordinator and a very very good coach.

Lebby is fine, but I do not think he is close to as good as Riley is/was. Their QB room is absolutely decimated (Gabriel and Nick Evers) and while they can probably reload in the portal that doesn't "solve" the position.

OU is going to absolutely struggle next year, they have been spoiled with Riley.

I, for one, am here for it.

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Your paying for Omeire’s surgeries???

is this a new Surly NIL deal???

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

GO GET HIM NOW

He got suspended last spring right after he got on campus for an incident and totaled one tackle on the year. Highly ranked coming out of high school but always leery of these type of guys.

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I would be too but I'm more leery about our depth at the LB positions. 

Throwing a trouble maker or someone who isn't that good into the position group will just give us a fake feeling of depth, which we've fell victim to many times. Would rather target guys with actual production at the college level, but that's just me.

I remember reading Sark telling Neyor he wasn't going to let him leave without a commitment and would do/pay whatever it took to get him.  Guess that only applies for offense.  What a joke.  Headed for another 5-6 win season.  This program isn't ready to go to the SEC.  Maybe getting stomped by aggy the first couple of times will wake people up.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I remember reading Sark telling Neyor he wasn't going to let him leave without a commitment and would do/pay whatever it took to get him.  Guess that only applies for offense.  What a joke.  Headed for another 5-6 win season.  This program isn't ready to go to the SEC.  Maybe getting stomped by aggy the first couple of times will wake people up.

Defense in the portal for us is so fucking strange. I don't think there is a strategy there from the way it looks.

Jeff Howe:  "I had one Nebraska source tell me that if Nebraska is the pick, expect it to be almost totally NIL driven. Lots of money."

Older post Jeff Howe :  " don't know where the TCU buzz has come from, but I was told this week that TCU isn't going to be the pick for Mathis and the Horned Frogs aren't pushing.

I was told a couple of days ago that Nebraska felt very, very confident."

Edited by LTtxfan

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)