Sovereign Citizens in Massachusetts

Neonmoon

This is my go to expert on anti-government extremists.

It’s fascinating how much overlap there us between these sovereign citizens types, similar ones with a white supremacist bent in places like Idaho, and the Republic of Texas types here. They all spout some of the same utterly insane and magical bullshit about “I’m not an incorporated person, I don’t consent to create joinder with you, your are an admiralty court with no jurisdiction over my legal person,” blah blah blah.

It’s all made up bullshit. But multiple groups latch onto it as gospel truth.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/two-texas-men-and-one-oregon-man-charged-fraud-scheme-obtain-over-14-million-covid

tell me how trying to get covid relief from the US government (and/or state government, I only read the headline like a good surly poster and posted it) jibes with sovereign citizenry. 

I'll give it a shot.

The Gummint is make-believe, therefore the money issued by the Gummint is also make-believe. So it's like rolling up a D&D character and talking the Dungeon Master into giving you an extra bag of imaginary gold coins. If other people want to give you real-life products for all this fake money, that is their personal decision, you aren't forcing them to do it.

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s fascinating how much overlap there us between these sovereign citizens types, similar ones with a white supremacist bent in places like Idaho, and the Republic of Texas types here. They all spout some of the same utterly insane and magical bullshit about “I’m not an incorporated person, I don’t consent to create joinder with you, your are an admiralty court with no jurisdiction over my legal person,” blah blah blah.

They are just identifying as something else.

In every video that I've watched on them, they always escalate a minor conversation with a police officer into being arrested.
As in, pulled over for speeding. Then they either argue constitutional law/obscure court cases with the officer or refuse to even talk with them. The officer only wants their information to write a ticket. 
Sovereign citizens or Moors hang their hat on the idea that they do not need to follow any US or state law. In fact, they're not even persons as they're not incorporated as a person by the US govt. Makes zero sense. They also seem to think that if they use some precise language with officers, the officers will agree that the officers do not have jurisdiction to write a ticket.
If they just get a drivers license, the cops will just write them a ticket and let them go. 
Say what you want about the tenets of sovereign citizens, dude, at least it's an ethos.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Mopes.

I mean, do these fucktards not understand who the Moors were?  Like brown, mooslim, camel-riding types?

Amusing trivia:  every word in Spanish, just about, that starts with Al, is Arabic in origin.

What about al pastor 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When you identify as a non-us citizen with no legal right to be here, expect to be treated as such. 

out of the context of this thread, this is the funniest thing posted on here in  a longass time.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I'll give it a shot.

The Gummint is make-believe, therefore the money issued by the Gummint is also make-believe. So it's like rolling up a D&D character and talking the Dungeon Master into giving you an extra bag of imaginary gold coins. If other people want to give you real-life products for all this fake money, that is their personal decision, you aren't forcing them to do it.

They're like right wing postmodernists.

• Drool 1

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/moorish-sovereign-citizens

Members of the Moorish sovereigns, called Moors, have come into conflict with federal and state authorities over their refusal to obey laws and government regulations. Recently, Moorish sovereign citizens have engaged in violent confrontations with law enforcement. They have also been known to retaliate against government authorities through financial means — a process called “paper terrorism.” Moorish sovereigns espouse an interpretation of sovereign doctrine that African Americans constitute an elite class within American society with special rights and privileges that convey on them a sovereign immunity placing them beyond federal and state authority.

In its own words

“Your straw-man is a non-living, non-breathing fictitious corporate Entity that has the same name as you except in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. It’s ultimately a trust that is brought into existence with your signature. Lawfully you are the executor, beneficiary, administrator and a stock holder of the UNITED STATES CORPORATION.”
–Moorish American Resource School

“Political thieves (usually descendants of European Colonists operating upon the American Continents) have, by outright criminality, taken unlawful leave and advantages of the usurped seats of government, and have polluted the sanctity of their Official Oaths to uphold the Constitution and Treaties and are unlawfully violating the Natural People.”
–Taj Tarik Bey

“Everything that will be stated is based on De Jure Law (Common Law, Constitutional Law, Indigenous Rights, Human Rights) and NOT ("just") admiralty / maritime (De Facto Legalities, such as statutes, codes, rules, regulations, ordinances, policies and etc... ANY colorable law (color of law) that contradicts the Constitution for the united [sic] States of America is NULL and VOID and has NO withstanding [sic].”
–Dr. Alim El Bey

“You are not to pay taxes to foreigners who are doing business within the borders of YOUR ancestral estate.”
–Judah Son

Ohhhh shit.

I didn't realize these were (or that there were) black sovereign citizens.

There goes my racism again.  Fuck.

I find it interesting that people of generally sub-Saharan African descent find themselves so drawn to identification with Arabs and northern Africans.  I suppose as a matter of geography, they are a more "proximate" people, and they're darker hued than eurowhitey, But I'm not sure those people did Africans any real favors, either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, they generally have a lot in common with conspiracy theories.  Take a little bit of factual knowledge ("I am not an incorporated person") with some terms that aren't easily understood by stupid laypeople, preferably from 19th century Supreme Court opinions.  Then invent outlandish explanations and meanings for terminology and socio-legal events, and boom, you have a movement.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, they generally have a lot in common with conspiracy theories.  Take a little bit of factual knowledge ("I am not an incorporated person") with some terms that aren't easily understood by stupid laypeople, preferably from 19th century Supreme Court opinions.  Then invent outlandish explanations and meanings for terminology and socio-legal events, and boom, you have a movement.

Yep

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

2 hours ago, Rip76 said:

They are just identifying as something else.

They should identify as Karens, because sovereign citizens are Karens who turned things up to '11'.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In every video that I've watched on them, they always escalate a minor conversation with a police officer into being arrested.

As in, pulled over for speeding. Then they either argue constitutional law/obscure court cases with the officer or refuse to even talk with them. The officer only wants their information to write a ticket. 

Sovereign citizens or Moors hang their hat on the idea that they do not need to follow any US or state law. In fact, they're not even persons as they're not incorporated as a person by the US govt. Makes zero sense. They also seem to think that if they use some precise language with officers, the officers will agree that the officers do not have jurisdiction to write a ticket.

Like I said, the ultimate Karens.  Maybe the Karen Boss (or Boss Karen).

Unfortunately, and this is why cops are usually very wary of them, they've killed some cops in spectacular fashion.

It was probably a bit of a pants-shitting moment this morning for the MSP when 8 armed guys in fatigues fled the vehicles and ran into the woods.  I'm wondering if they were trying to bury/hide something.

But yeah, they normally seem to think they can talk the cops into believing that they are not bound by federal, state, or local laws.

There are well established procedures for not being a citizen here. All you have to do is renounce it and leave.  All of these fucksticks are welcome to do so

And go where? They’re like a combo of Tom Hanks in The Terminal and Hyman Roth. No one will take them. Damned Statists!

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I didn't realize these were (or that there were) black sovereign citizens.

There goes my racism again.  Fuck.

Ehh don't sweat the racism thing, earlier today I discovered that the Irish reproduce the same way that humans do, and not by means of planting a severed hand or foot in a bog and waiting for it to grow like a plant.

• Haha 2

There was a story on these guys a few weeks in Maryland or Virginia where they moved into some lady’s vacant rental house and claimed they couldn’t be evicted because the laws don’t apply to them. Can’t understand why they think they can live somewhere and not have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Guest Lobo

If 11 undocumented adult men crossed the Southern border and got well into the U.S. and were armed to the fucking teeth and refused a number of directives from state police in Texas or Arizona...you think they'd fare as well as the Moors?  Nope, there'd be 11 dead Mexicans right now, and their bodies would have been dragged back across the border so the LEO's wouldn't have to mess with the paperwork.  

20 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"We are so many different people. We look so different, we are so different, but we are all the same at the same time,"

Ehh don't sweat the racism thing, earlier today I discovered that the Irish reproduce the same way that humans do, and not by means of planting a severed hand or foot in a bog and waiting for it to grow like a plant.

Bullshit! You can’t monitor a severed extremity in a bog for only part of one day and rule out ‘Irish Reproduction’.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

If 11 undocumented adult men crossed the Southern border and got well into the U.S. and were armed to the fucking teeth and refused a number of directives from state police in Texas or Arizona...you think they'd fare as well as the Moors?  Nope, there'd be 11 dead Mexicans right now, and their bodies would have been dragged back across the border so the LEO's wouldn't have to mess with the paperwork.  

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Look! I’m sure they were Just going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Right? 

Oh sweet Nicole, Lobo, it's so much better.  

I really don't know how they weren't blown away.  This started at 1:30am, and 8 or 9 armed men ran into the woods later at night.  It wasn't like they fled in broad daylight and the cops had eyes on them the whole time.

The situation started around 1:30 a.m., when a state trooper saw two vehicles in the breakdown lane with their hazard lights on, Mason said. 

The men claimed to be "from a group that does not recognize our laws," according to a statement from the Wakefield Police Department.

The men were wearing what Mason described as tactical vests and military style uniforms, along with body cameras, and they were carrying a mixture of long rifles and pistols. The men indicated they were traveling from Rhode Island for "training," according to Mason.

The trooper on scene requested driver's licenses and firearms licenses, but the individuals either said they didn't have them, or didn't have them in their possession, Mason said.

At some point during this interaction, a number of the individuals ran into the woods with their firearms, Mason said. Police established a perimeter, and two people were initially arrested in the woodline, one of whom was armed, according to Mason.

Massachusetts State Police said in a tweet around 5:30 a.m. that members of the group were "refusing to comply with orders to provide their information and put down their weapons."

Really shocked at how calmly the MSP handled this.  I admit the snowplow trucks as cover, with Bearcats as well, were a pretty nice touch.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Armybrat said:

Then there are these nuts...

6C422CBF-69C7-40E5-90D4-6672BC5739F3.jpeg

According to the article dated March 1, the ranch is being purchased by ETG Properties LLC, a Dallas-area company, who intend to use the nearly 1,700-acre ranch as a military and law-enforcement training base.

Oh, great.

Edited by Beau Vine