What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

FAFO. Kids MUST wear life jackets when a boat is in motion. This is 100% on parents and/or boat owner. I made my kids wear life jackets when they got in the water on the lake. You don't take chances on the lake. Stupid adults.

Username and such.

Fuck the Travis County DA's office. 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/southwest-austin-texas-rami-zawaideh-felony-charges-rejected-residents-outraged

They refuse to do anything about homeless assholes. It's a revolving door to let them continue to wreck havoc on the city and county. 

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If some dude is in my yard with a chainsaw and asking his imaginary friend how many murders he's committed so far, my tolerance for bullshit would be razor thin and I'd have the gun drawn and round chambered. I'll take my chance with the Grand Jury before I will let someone in my house get injured or killed due to this DA's inaction,

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 3

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/southwest-austin-texas-rami-zawaideh-felony-charges-rejected-residents-outraged
They refuse to do anything about homeless assholes. It's a revolving door to let them continue to wreck havoc on the city and county. 
A nut running around with a chainsaw and axe is not going to end well at all.

4 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

If some dude is in my yard with a chainsaw and asking his imaginary friend how many murders he's committed so far, my tolerance for bullshit would be razor thin and I'd have the gun drawn and round chambered. I'll take my chance with the Grand Jury before I will let someone in my house get injured or killed due to this DA's inaction,

DA is going to throw try to throw the book at you. You'll get off but will spend thousands in attorney's fees. Fuck the DA for creating this mess.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Someone should pay homeless people hang out at our DA's house and behave like that. Let's see if charges stick. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The last 3 out of town trips, I submitted requests and got approvals & confirmations to hold mail. The last 3 times, the motherfuckers ignored the hold continued to deliver mail. 

Maybe I should train a hawk for when I go on vacation...

https://www.axios.com/local/austin/2023/07/07/hawk-usps-mail-travis-heights

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night can keep a mail courier from their route.

But, as it turns out, hawks can.

Driving the news: USPS has suspended mail service for weeks in a portion of the Travis Heights neighborhood because of a particularly territorial hawk and its fledglings, postal service officials told Axios on Friday.

What's happening: Residents and mail carriers near Milam Place and Kenwood Avenue have spent weeks dodging the bird as it protects its young during nesting season.

Residents at roughly 20 homes must pick up their mail at a nearby post office until it's safe for mail carriers to resume their route, according to USPS spokesperson Becky Hernandez.

It's one of several recent hawk attacks in Central Texas."

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

sadly that neighborhood probably voted for Garza

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I love all the stick-in-the mud killjoys on this thread with no fiscal sense. They don't understand that it's much easier to budget for a box of lollipops to hand these perpetrators than spend taxpayer money trying to prosecute them.

Fuck anyone who voted for this fucking tapeworm, piece-of-shit Garza. And fuck them again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

CoA has spent $3.5 million just cleaning up the visible homeless camps so far this decade.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/how-much-money-is-austin-spending-on-homeless-camp-clean-up/

Well that was a huge success. They left and were never seen again!

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Well, if the fucking DA would prosecute the asswipes, they would not be seen again, for awhile at least.

Nah. They were never prosecuted in any real numbers, going back to the early days of the camping back in 1993-4 when Garza was in middle school. They would just get moved along into the hobo jungles somewhat out of sight by the police.  A more interesting question is why the police aren't doing that again and why none of the people who worked so hard to reinstate the ban are asking them.

42 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Well, if the fucking DA would prosecute the asswipes, they would not be seen again, for awhile at least.

21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Nah. They were never prosecuted in any real numbers, going back to the early days of the camping back in 1993-4 when Garza was in middle school. They would just get moved along into the hobo jungles somewhat out of sight by the police.  A more interesting question is why the police aren't doing that again and why none of the people who worked so hard to reinstate the ban are asking them.

prosecute who for what, exactly? to what end?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

It is 1/3 of what was spent on an "Emergency" purchase of a hotel at 3x market value that sat empty for more than a year.

The vandalized one next door to Frieda’s in far north Austin is still empty. 
At least it still was when we were at the restaurant last month.

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

do you think this was done intentionally by the district attorney to inflict pain on the city populace for...reasons? votes?

district attorneys are fucking cops. their jobs are to destroy lives and punish people to the extent allowed by law.

slam dunk felony prosecutions are not simply dispensed with just because. most prosecutors want as many convictions under their belt that they can get.

so do you contend that this district attorney's office took a look at the merits of this case, tried to measure whether his resources are better served prosecuting criminals without established mental health commitment papers, and made an informed decision on what else to prosecute?

Zawaideh was charged with felony criminal mischief and a warrant was issued for his arrest. On January 26, court records show he had an order of commitment. Last month, the Travis County District Attorney rejected the felony charges.

Zawaideh has been arrested in Travis County six times in less than a year and all the cases have been dismissed or rejected

or is the district attorney waiting on cases like this to come in, with bated breath, rubbing his hands together. just fucking stroking his boner over the chance to release another violent homeless person on the public?

13 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

do you think this was done intentionally by the district attorney to inflict pain on the city populace for...reasons? votes?

district attorneys are fucking cops. their jobs are to destroy lives and punish people to the extent allowed by law.

slam dunk felony prosecutions are not simply dispensed with just because. most prosecutors want as many convictions under their belt that they can get.

so do you contend that this district attorney's office took a look at the merits of this case, tried to measure whether his resources are better served prosecuting criminals without established mental health commitment papers, and made an informed decision on what else to prosecute?

or is the district attorney waiting on cases like this to come in, with bated breath, rubbing his hands together. just fucking stroking his boner over the chance to release another violent homeless person on the public?

Who really cares what his reasoning was? What is important is the result.

• Hook 'Em 1

Homelessness is a regional and national issue. Granted some Austin policies have compounded the problems. But having cities each come up with their own solutions for mental illness, broken foster systems, immigration, drug addiction, poverty is inefficient and bordering on absurd.

Moreover, some jurisdictions’ solve their own homelessness problem by putting them on a bus to another jurisdiction (the old Rambo I policy).

Further, why would state and federal politicians want to attempt to solve homelessness when it’s incredibly complicated and gives them fodder to win re-election by being tough on crime and ridicule local city policies on an issue that’s nationwide and regional dealing with populations (long-term homeless) that typically move around?

I don’t know how many mentally ill and termed foster kids have been released on the streets of Austin, but at times, it’s been significant.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I've been spending lots of time off and on in my West Texas hometown of 25,000 dealing with my deceased parents' house to get it ready to sell over the last six months, and a visibly homeless population that panhandles at a couple of intersections exists even there along with a known homeless camp down in a scrubby valley behind Walmart.

16 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

I call BS on this.  Garza's had some slam dunks he's ducked out on (see chronic masturbator and assault case where the guy walked with 10 years probation), while prosecuting every cop who blinked wrong on the job.  He also takes some very high-profile cases that most would have passed on (army guy who shot the ginger protestor) for political grandstanding.  He's clearly politicized the DA's office to the detriment of his constituents, and left the county much worse than when he took office.  Rosemary might have been a drunken mess, but she still got crap done around here.  And she didn't pick her cases by what would get her on CNN and get the state pissed off.

That said, WHY THE HECK IS THE APD BOOKING PHOTO SITE STILL UNDER MAINTENANCE?!

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Garza's had some slam dunks he's ducked out on (see chronic masturbator and assault case where the guy walked with 10 years probation), while prosecuting every cop who blinked wrong on the job.  He also takes some very high-profile cases that most would have passed on (army guy who shot the ginger protestor) for political grandstanding.  He's clearly politicized the DA's office to the detriment of his constituents, and left the county much worse than when he took office.  Rosemary might have been a drunken mess, but she still got crap done around here.  And she didn't pick her cases by what would get her on CNN and get the state pissed off.

I thought Todd Jeffries lived in Cedar Park

16 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

you aren't paying attention to the bullshit of the last few years. the city and county are a revolving door homeless pricks who commit crimes. there have been a few stories posted on here of crimes being committed by homeless dickheads who have multiple arrests spanning over years. those are just the ones who make the news. 

tax paying citizens and businesses of this city shouldn't be held hostage by a horde of fuckhead homeless. the homeless shouldn't be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want knowing that they'll just be released again to the streets. there are multiple stories of business owners at there wits end because homeless bullshit have severely affected their businesses. there are numerous stories including the one i posted about residents constantly being harassed and threatened by fuckhead homeless.

when the mugshot database was up, you could easily identify the homeless dickheads on the site, easily google their arrest history and read the CVS receipt long rapsheet. 

we elected and hired these prosecutors to prosecute criminals. well, fucking prosecute them. make the city safer for homeowners and business owners.

fuck the homeless eleventy billion times.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

Is this y’all’s solution to homelessness?

Great question, Quinn. We had a business that opened nearby that attracts the homeless because they sell cheap alcohol without a license. My business has been broken into, my ring cameras have been broken, my business neighbor's auto has been vandalized and a business 2 doors down has had its windows broken a few times. As much as I care about mental health issues and drug abuse, I would really like to have the neighborhood cleaned up. I assume you are offering free security services.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, PvilleStang said:

I call BS on this.  Garza's had some slam dunks he's ducked out on (see chronic masturbator and assault case where the guy walked with 10 years probation), while prosecuting every cop who blinked wrong on the job.  He also takes some very high-profile cases that most would have passed on (army guy who shot the ginger protestor) for political grandstanding.  He's clearly politicized the DA's office to the detriment of his constituents, and left the county much worse than when he took office.  Rosemary might have been a drunken mess, but she still got crap done around here.  And she didn't pick her cases by what would get her on CNN and get the state pissed off.

That said, WHY THE HECK IS THE APD BOOKING PHOTO SITE STILL UNDER MAINTENANCE?!

honestly, i'm not here to carry water for garza. i don't really give a fuck. i just don't think he's some archvillain waiting for cases to come across his desk so he can expressly fuck over his constituents. 

you can disagree with his approach, sure. travis has always had a reputation amongst surrounding counties for being "light" on crime. austin just picks its battles differently. 

Great question, Quinn. We had a business that opened nearby that attracts the homeless because they sell cheap alcohol without a license. My business has been broken into, my ring cameras have been broken, my business neighbor's auto has been vandalized and a business 2 doors down has had its windows broken a few times. As much as I care about mental health issues and drug abuse, I would really like to have the neighborhood cleaned up. I assume you are offering free security services.

APD has always had the boys in the crime lab working in shifts to solve theft cases and review camera footage, especially around sketchy liquor stores.

My security service is advise clients to watch The Wire to demonstrate how cities can win the war on crime, poverty, and homelessness through being tough on crime and shuffling poor people through the criminal justice system.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

APD has always had the boys in the crime lab working in shifts to solve theft cases and review camera footage, especially around sketchy liquor stores.

This past time was pretty simple to solve as the criminal was passed out in my storage area. They didn't bother to handcuff him but they did deliver a sternly worded message - If I recall, they said, "Don't Tresspass". I think we should be good.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

This past time was pretty simple to solve as the criminal was passed out in my storage area. They didn't bother to handcuff him but they did deliver a sternly worded message - If I recall, they said, "Don't Tresspass". I think we should be good.

my in laws had their home invaded by two homeless methy dudes. one of these dudes stole my mother in law's car and subsequently wrecked it after driving it erratically and recklessly.

both these dudes are shown clear as the fucking day on the ring doorbell.

have the cops even viewed the video?

lol.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

my in laws had their home invaded by two homeless methy dudes. one of these dudes stole my mother in law's car and subsequently wrecked it after driving it erratically and recklessly.

both these dudes are shown clear as the fucking day on the ring doorbell.

have the cops even viewed the video?

lol.

One of my patients was telling me that his boss lives on Lake Austin - the boss' house was broken into while they were out of town and the alarm went off, the police came and after giving the all clear, left the premises with everything as it was. Within an hour, the criminals came back, stole all their jewelry and stole their car. The car still hasn't been found but they did leave two bicycles at the crime scene.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

One of my patients was telling me that his boss lives on Lake Austin - the boss' house was broken into while they were out of town and the alarm went off, the police came and after giving the all clear, left the premises with everything as it was. Within an hour, the criminals came back, stole all their jewelry and stole their car. The car still hasn't been found but they did leave two bicycles at the crime scene.

Separate incidents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

The problem - as it always has been - is we are trying to use the criminal justice system to address: wealth inequality, mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment, and a severe housing crisis. So weird that it's not working to fix the issue. Oh well, better pump more money into law enforcement.

I don’t disagree, but in my view there are really two issues here. Yes, homelessness, drug dealing and their attendant problems are symptoms of broader systemic issues. But they are also quality-of-life issues that result in the denial of public space to law-abiding citizens and adverse economic effects to surrounding neighborhoods. One municipality cannot single-handedly solve the opioid crisis, but it might be able to crack down on an open-air drug market through punitive measures that provide a deterrent effect.

If (if) that works, so what? Yes, the problem will just go elsewhere and that’s a shame, but ultimately a municipality is responsible for protecting the quality of life of its residents. IMO, at least - you’re certainly entitled to disagree and many folks where I live do so. (Sorry if I’m projecting too much - still boggles the Chronicle’s report on a village in Honduras with McMansions built with Tenderloin drug money paying homage to their cash cow.)
image.thumb.jpeg.e6c043925587ccf47d181d5ea27e5afe.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1