What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

10 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

LOL, what a load of interest group horseshit, JFC. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 7

22 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

When you google “sprawl is good” and link the first articles you find. It is important to actually read them first. 

The second link is based on one study https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/9/6/1052

It only surveyed 177 Chicago residents about Life Satisfaction 

There were 177 completed responses in total, including 94 from residents of four downtown high-rise buildings and 83 from residents in suburban low-rise homes. Residents living in downtown high-rise buildings had significantly higher life satisfaction scores than residents living in suburban low-rise homes when controlling for demographic differences; however, the differences were small, as housing type explained less than 5% of the observed variance in life satisfaction outcomes. The research also evaluated five life satisfaction domains including travel, accessibility, social interaction, safety, and overall residential environment (ORE). In all cases, residents of the downtown high-rises reported higher satisfaction levels, although the scores on all these five satisfaction domains reported from both urban scenarios were high. 

The first link is to a “non partisan policy institute” which is poly speak for a highly partisan corporate funded horseshit 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:31 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Austin wont Up-Zone their way to “affordable” housing. The suburbs have cheap land and offer the best ave to affordable housing. 

But then you push people further away from their jobs and give them an incentive to get involved politics of a city where they don't live. That's not a good thing.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, texasdago said:

I saw the D-Bag two hours after that post.  Frequently parked at Lifetime on Mopac 

I’d love to throw some nails under those tires. Or put a banana in the tailpipe. Or throw a bunch of bologna all over the hood to ruin the paint.

• Haha 1

Driving a BMW is already the equivalent of a giant flashing neon sign on your car stating "I'm an entitled piece of shit with no self-awareness!"  (it's a big sign), but that paint job takes it to levels heretofore unseen.

Saw Beamer today with license plate “3rd World”

Confused the shit out of me. Is this a statement about the duality of man?

1 hour ago, Texas Jeff said:

Someone made a map of Austin's homeless camps, no idea if this is accurate or not.

If you live south of the river and you're thinking, hey there's a bunch of homeless camps around, you're not wrong...

It doesn’t have most of the ones I see in NW Austin but I agree South wins by a mile.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Someone made a map of Austin's homeless camps, no idea if this is accurate or not.

If you live south of the river and you're thinking, hey there's a bunch of homeless camps around, you're not wrong...

They left a bunch out north of 183 up the Lamar area, but they were probably too afraid to venture up in that area. 

Just a note to my neighbors..our property runs from street to the back street w/the creek flowing thru it. Had a guy come thru the creek(& our property) and had taken a swim-his clothes & hi-tops wet- had two golf clubs as walking sticks… alerted me that we had a monkey- he didn’t know what kind- jumping form one tree to the next. He proceeded to cont’ thru our property to Great valley & off down the road. BOLO for either a monkey or a real trippy guy in black.

This got brought up in the Titanic submersible thread for some reason, but it seemed more apropo for this one.  My question:  Where the heck is this skate park-looking concrete ramp and stairwell structure under Mopac?  Can't recall ever seeing it and it's not easily identifiable from Google Maps.  

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Just a note to my neighbors..our property runs from street to the back street w/the creek flowing thru it. Had a guy come thru the creek(& our property) and had taken a swim-his clothes & hi-tops wet- had two golf clubs as walking sticks… alerted me that we had a monkey- he didn’t know what kind- jumping form one tree to the next. He proceeded to cont’ thru our property to Great valley & off down the road. BOLO for either a monkey or a real trippy guy in black.

Well that was nice of him to alert her of the monkey problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Where's that Monkey Torture ring I've been reading on here about?  

I would guess it would only take 1 monkey to torture a Westlake soccer mom so the better question in this monkey ring is how many monkeys did they use?

Well when the monkey does invariably attack the poor woman, I know a neighborhood doctor of medical in the area.  

Or we somehow fix it so the two monkeys fight each other with little monkey knives.  I can see Brisket in little circular sunglasses, with a cigarette dangling, taking bets from all of us at midnight under a full moon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well when the monkey does invariably attack the poor woman, I know a neighborhood doctor of medical in the area.  

Or we somehow fix it so the two monkeys fight each other with little monkey knives.  I can see Brisket in little circular sunglasses, with a cigarette dangling, taking bets from all of us at midnight under a full moon.  

It’s doctor of neighborhood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

image.gif.7dab68992bce806f2a4d176a890378f7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Well, good to see he got promoted.  I looked back frequently on that story when all the Coach Beard shit broke.  And thought, "remember a vicious monkey with a taste for human flesh attacked that nice lady who lived by Doctor of Neighborhood, only for us all to find out it belonged to our special teams/needs coach and his exotic dancer partner "Pole Assassin" and that was the biggest thing that had happened in our athletic department in years?"

On 6/26/2023 at 4:25 PM, Samson's Wig said:

Driving a BMW is already the equivalent of a giant flashing neon sign on your car stating "I'm an entitled piece of shit with no self-awareness!"  (it's a big sign), but that paint job takes it to levels heretofore unseen.

Don’t forget the ones who drive Dodge Challengers and Chargers.  That seems to be the vehicle of  choice for douchebags in the Houston area.

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1