Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

On 9/13/2023 at 12:19 PM, Vertigo said:

I was actually impressed with both Burton and Bond. Both guys were much better than I expected. The only team that may have a level of WR that approaches them would be TCU. Those guys were getting so open deep because we had committed so much to stop the run. Outside of possibly Jalon Daniels, there isn't another guy that is going to cause that many problems with his legs and we should be able to commit more to the pass defense. 

Late to this, been on a business trip.  Agree with everything you guys say; we're finally bigger up front, have true Dawgs.

Just saying for everyone that wants to act like we run shit, we were a few plays away from it going the other direction.  Did we we make plays to change it, sure.  The Ewers throws were phenomenal.  But we were a sideline drop from it going a different direction.  The Big 12 may seem down, but they understand concepts, shit they built the schemes that everyone uses.  Maybe I'm gun shy, but the  Big 12 will be a gauntlet.  Don't underestimate anyone, BYU especially.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

When you factor in nonconference games, the computers will all say Texas has played a tougher schedule than A&M since they left for the SEC.  Not a single Aggie would ever believe that.  It directly contradicts their worldview.

Someone on reddit actually ran the numbers on this and it's about even, with Texas having a slightly harder schedule:

Untitled.thumb.png.7b082b20315d2a171af0cb8e0dc87520.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

We get too much credit for defeating a ranked Alabama team in their stadium.

A&M is being mistreated because they managed not to get blown out (according to them) against a ranked Miami team.

At the moment, I think the Texas win over Alabama is likely the biggest win of anyone so far.

A&M lost to a team, Miami, they were favored to beat even after going 5-7 last year.

It's funny that the Aggies think everybody is against them and not giving them the benefit of the doubt. They started ranked based only on supposed talent after an abysmal season. Other than their QB, receivers, and maybe RBs, they looked shitty against Miami. 

Yet it's a conspiracy to keep the poor Aggies down. They have to do so much more to get respect!

So far, they haven't done anything to indicate that they belong in the top 50. Even so, their fans are already looking ahead to the Alabama game as though the road there will be a parade of Ws.

It's crazy.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

They have played eleven games against FCS competition since joining the SEC, with a 12th game scheduled for later this season. In the 16 years they were in the Big 12, they played 6 games against FCS schools.

Yep. This is correct. I apologize for the mistake.

The P5 wins I noted are correct. A shit program, either way.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That’s not correct. I don’t know where you’re getting your numbers, but you need a new source. 

**** Corrected Stats****

TEXAS A&M (97 games)

51-46    .526 winning percentage

11-0 in FCS games

TEXAS (121 games)

64-57    .529 winning percentage

0-0 in FCS games because we don't do that pussy shit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

This guy's concerns aren't unique in their nature and direction, but the numbers and examples he uses ... 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 

And it begins with his title ...

Aggie Recruiting 2025:  Dangerous in chartered waters 🦈🦈🦈🦈

image.thumb.png.9b89f37fb183e8a55b95983acbebd52d.png

image.thumb.png.0a954839958067f845a17a2cba861713.png

I don't think they understand what NIL is.....

26 minutes ago, Getafix said:

This guy's concerns aren't unique in their nature and direction, but the numbers and examples he uses ... 🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣 

Holy shit

Manning isn't making a damned thing on NIL right now. That's his own family's design. 

Now, when he's playing and earning, he'll have more corporate NIL than damned near anyone and it will go well into the 7 figures. But that's corporate. High profile guys will get corporate sponsorships because they can move products and service subscriptions for folks. 

The idea of a billionaire plunking down $1B to win a title is the kind of nonsensical fan fiction that I hope keeps every aggie and enemy up at night. 

Also, anyone that uses the phrase "tinker's damn" probably wears eyeglasses connected to a librarian chain keeping them present at all times, and likely wears their keys on the outside of their pants. Probably has a "mobile" phone holster on his belt, too.

• Hook 'Em 4

I just can’t get over this:

IMG_2112.thumb.jpeg.d99dbb382f50077b5f49f2e84cf98477.jpeg

This is just off the top of my head:  

Better than Heisman winners Murray, Mayfield, RG3 (left one out)?

Better than surefire NFL HOF Mahomes?

Better than Stafford, Carr, Tannehill, Hurts?

Better than VY?

Better than Reggie McNeal?

Better than JFF?

Better than the aggy all-time leader in most passing yards and passing TDs, Mond? Or the No. 2, Johnson?

Hell, by QB rating, he’s not even better than last season’s aggy QB, and is only 27th despite padding stats against UNM and ULM:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/player-stat/qb-rating-ncaa

Good Lord. Give me some of what jazisback is smoking!

Edit:  plus, jazisback bases all of this on what coaches and NFL scouts project about Weigman. Apparently jazisback has access to a double-secret probation list of recruiting rankings. The public ones (247, On3, etc.) are supposed to be what independent evaluators think of the athlete as a prospect. Using jazisback’s logic, Weigman should have been the highest rated qb recruit of all time. Was he?
Spoiler:  he was not. He wasn’t even the highest in his class. On 247, Drew Allar and Cade Klubnik were better prospects. On On3, Allar, Klubnik, and Ty Simpson were rated as better prospects. On ESPN, he was the top-rated pocket passer, but his grade was equal to dual threat qbs Klubnik, Simpson, and Walker Howard.

Weigman is a good player. Putting him on this pedestal doesn’t do him or anyone else any favors. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, nnm said:

Better than VY?

Better than JFF?

Better than the aggy all-time leader in most passing yards and passing TDs, Mond? Or the No. 2, Johnson?

Hell, by QB rating, he’s not even better than last season’s aggy QB, and is only 27th despite padding stats against UNM and ULM:

They always do this to themselves.

When qb has that new qb smell, he's a legend. As soon as the mistakes start up they immediately give up on them.

This Saturday will be interesting as Auburn's defense is legitimately good.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, nnm said:

IMG_2112.thumb.jpeg.d99dbb382f50077b5f49f2e84cf98477.jpeg

Better than VY?

Better than JFF?

You left out Andrew Luck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Yuk said:

When qb has that new qb smell, he's a legend. As soon as the mistakes start up they immediately give up on them.

I asked my Auburn buddy if he thought they had a chance this weekend. His response was that they probably don't have the dudes this year, but "With Jimbo on their sideline, there's always a chance."  

• Haha 8

56 minutes ago, Yuk said:

We need a meta-roller coaster graphic for aggy - it's the same roller coaster for players, seasons, coaches, conference affiliations, etc. It looks exactly the same no matter how far in or out you zoom.

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

How far back do we go, or only modern day?

Don Meredith

Bobby Layne

Sammy Baugh. Wouldn’t have survived a drive in modern football, but single-handedly changed the game. 
But he was before Drew Brees. 

• Like 2

Here are the 5 star QBs (according to 24/7) to come out of Texas since 2000.   I didn't realize Andrew Luck was a 4 star.

Chance Mock

Vince Young

Reggie McNeal (actually listed as an Ath not a QB)

Rhett Bomar

Bobby Reid

Mathew Stafford

Ryan Mallett

Russell Shepard

Garrett Gilbert

Kyler Murray

Quinn Ewers

Cade Klubnik

Conner Weigman

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Here are the 5 star QBs (according to 24/7) to come out of Texas since 2000.   I didn't realize Andrew Luck was a 4 star.

Chance Mock

Vince Young

Reggie McNeal (actually listed as an Ath not a QB)

Rhett Bomar

Bobby Reid

Mathew Stafford

Ryan Mallett

Russell Shepard

Garrett Gilbert

Kyler Murray

Quinn Ewers

Cade Klubnik

Conner Weigman

That is a mixed bag if there ever was one.

VY, Stafford, and Murray all had good to great college careers and were extremely high draft picks. 

McNeal and Mallett had solid college careers. 

Bomar, Mock, Reid, and Gilbert were all busts for their original schools and, frankly, never did much of anything in college.

Russell Shepard ended up being an okay college WR but was a bust a QB recruit. 

Klubnik is the new Gilbert. Ewers is landing anywhere between Mallett and Stafford, but more towards the Mallett even if he is drafted higher. Weigman is one concussion away from never playing college football again. 

Weigman might be good but these are the DFEI ranks against teams he's started against so far in his career. 

'22 Ole Miss: #53

'22 Auburn: #28 

'22 UMASS: #131

'22 LSU: #16

'23 New Mexico: #123

'23 Miami: #35

'23 ULM: #112

It's been a very mixed bag in the games against top 40 defenses. Weigman was terrible against Auburn last year. He was good against LSU but he wasn't asked to throw the ball much (only 155 passing yards). Against Miami this year he completed less than 60% of his passes, with 2 interceptions, and most the passing yards were in the 2nd half against a Miami D with a bunch of injuries. 

New Mexico, UMASS, and ULM are legitimately 3 of the worst defenses in the country and that's 3/7 starts so far for Weigman. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

It sounds like 78Eagle is really trying to say " How in the hell are we supposed to cheat if there are no rules".

• Hook 'Em 3