Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

They are blaming all their problems on Jimbo. Completely overlooking the reality that their athletic department hired him, signed an outrageous contract and extension, fired him, bungled the new hire, and now apparently The Elk is too busy eating chicken fried steak to get out and recruit players and coaches. But it’s all Jimbo’s fault! 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

JImbo could sell, and when backed by recruiting money, legal or not, could recruit quite well.   His blind spot at both aggy and florida st was Oline.    I'm not sure why he refused to see it - he sure as hell knew DL was important.    He must be the only offensive coordinator in all of football to treat the Oline as an afterthought.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

They are blaming all their problems on Jimbo. Completely overlooking the reality that their athletic department hired him, signed an outrageous contract and extension, fired him, bungled the new hire, and now apparently The Elk is too busy eating chicken fried steak to get out and recruit players and coaches. But it’s all Jimbo’s fault! 

Blasphemy chicken fried steak is what we all eat when we are recruiting out of the portal. It should never be associated with aggy recruiting. We know you are new so you are OK this one time.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSinW9oMq2n2QLYDjk7seuimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbkEMx051xVtmwlpRRg9X

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Same of my favorite hits:

1. "I wouldn't let my kid commit to a school without a position coach and coordinator for his position"
Next breath by the same poster:
"WHY AREN"T WE SIGNGING LBS OUT OF THE PORTAL YESTERDAY!!!""

Guess that guy doesn't think kids transferring to other schools care about scheme and position coach either, especially if they're at least 1 year closer to the draft.

2.) "York is a rare exception because of genius level football IQ rare athletic traits" 
Full stop.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

York's rare athletic traits are being slow and short for his position for a p5 football team. I guess that is technically a rarity. 

Also someone should tell that guy that the portal is not, in fact, chock full of linebacker talent. Linebackers, maybe. Talent, lol.

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I love how paranoid these sheep fuckers are. 

Screenshot_2023-12-11-23-12-42-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.c05e11c22c3833961a1bbbc1e6680bbf~2.jpg

Ah yes. An opponent capitalizing on a window is "methodical and evil." Wonder if they felt that way when the roles were ever reversed. We all know that answer. What a bunch of little pussy bitches. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Imagine thinking that the desperation to grossly overspend on recruits lies with the blue blood program that is currently in the fucking CFP and located in Austin, and not with the historically middling program in the midst of a coaching transition that has been the butt of jokes for weeks, and located in a suburb unattached to any city and in the middle of nowhere. 

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s attached to Houston by a dense maroon line.  

Indeed. College Station to Magnolia or Conroe to The Woodlands, aka, Lower College Station. Isn't that right @GlenFromTheMailRoom? 

52 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Imagine thinking that the desperation to grossly overspend on recruits lies with the blue blood program that is currently in the fucking CFP and located in Austin, and not with the historically middling program in the midst of a coaching transition that has been the butt of jokes for weeks, and located in a suburb unattached to any city and in the middle of nowhere. 

They're special, damnit!!

2 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

JImbo could sell, and when backed by recruiting money, legal or not, could recruit quite well.   His blind spot at both aggy and florida st was Oline.    I'm not sure why he refused to see it - he sure as hell knew DL was important.    He must be the only offensive coordinator in all of football to treat the Oline as an afterthought.  

I don’t think you remember a one Thomas Herman, Mensa. Recruiting OL is hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Ah, we're back to just completely making shit up.  No we're not massively over paying because we don't bid against ourselves.

image.png.6ea6ff526b08946d442872bc35a3318b.png

It must have been repeated five times and is now Aggie fact. Not one person has substantiated that we're going nuts with money. They know that's the only way they can get talent, so they assume it's the only way we can.

They also have repeated the delusion about both the bounty of the portal and the ordinariness of so many players leaving their team. They say this as though all parties are equal. They don't observe how the flow works. The best players leave middling to poor programs to find either more playing time (they couldn't beat out the guy at the school of origin) or to get a better situation commensurate with ability proven on the field.

The former find their way to A&M. The latter find their way out the door at A&M.

The better situation that I mention above can certainly include things other than money. I think a top player would sacrifice some money to play for a winner in a great place. To play for a loser in a shitty place? Hee hee.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.967ffe05de505e27933a0743dcb2c365.png

The parrots are really getting into this mindset over on TexAgs. Some wonder why even recruit high schoolers in "age" of the portal and NIL when you can find whatever you need through the portal. Let players develop somewhere else, then just "hit that portal hard" to get proven guys. 

To be fair, there have been several posters here (not just on the football board, but here on the recruiting board!) that advocated for Texas to stop recruiting HS players, and just focus on the portal.

Hell, @JFKFC spent a good six months telling us not to recruit OL, but to just sign any and all OL we could find in the portal.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It takes some real bias to think Elko is hiring a great staff.  They haven't made a single hire yet that makes me go "that's a really good hire." 

tenor.gif

They say we have the formula but it is not what they think. The formula is holding coaches accountable for Shawn Watson or Todd Orlando type hires.  At aggy the coach is all knowing until he is not and they get rid him that same year no matter what it cost. 

3 hours ago, NoName said:

they have some good hires, but nothing that makes you go "yeah, that's awesome"

they allegedly have a bag the size of Texas and are out here hiring Trooper fucking Taylor instead of offering Frank Wilson or Dell McGee or Tony Alford $1.5 million. fuck, they could offer Choice $1 million just to fuck with Texas...or the Bama RB coach, or Curtis Luper or anyone - literally anyone. instead they hired TROOPER TAYLOR.

the real issue is that they rushed to fire Jimbo, then they rushed to hire Elko and they have absolutely squandered any positive to hiring Elko when they did. no finished out staff, no clarity on recruiting trail, not even sure who is ON the recruiting trail for them now.

let's say i am a recruit an A&M has recently started re-recruiting me. i go to their website, here is their coaching list currently, as of 12/12/23 at 1:39p

image.thumb.png.5b1d8a54457aa25de84b549acad49ca3.png

that's it.

they have announced a bunch of meh hires and as far as I know have no WR coach, no TE coach, no DC - have they announced a LB or DL coach? we are like 8 days from NSD1 - WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

what a master class in how not to handle a coaching transition.

FUCK, even Steve Patterson wouldn't handle a coaching transition this poorly.

and those rubes still haven't ejected Bjork into the sun?

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

Upload Owen Daniels GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I believe this guy is on retainer for multiple positions.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

tenor.gif

They say we have the formula but it is not what they think. The formula is holding coaches accountable for Shawn Watson or Todd Orlando type hires.  At aggy the coach is all knowing until he is not and they get rid him that same year no matter what it cost. 

It’s all about football. Where are the ADs that hired Strong and Herman?

The fact that Bjork, Sharp, and anyone else who smelled that Jimbo contract and extension are still employed is exhibit A in the proof of why nothing has changed, and nothing will change. aggy gonna aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, linux said:

image.thumb.png.7b316e43868ca4decd529e858a56971b.png

How stupid is Aggie? the world may never know that black hole of reason and logic.

At this point there is only 1 reasonable explanation to me. 

ERob is the heart of whatever non NIL bag game for aggy and holding them ransom. 

Bjorn and others never got a systematic NIL together that could compete , and kept themselves so removed from the pay for play they can't cover the existing team without it. 

They're going to continue getting cuckold on their way out, and then he gives them the keys

13 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

At this point there is only 1 reasonable explanation to me. 

ERob is the heart of whatever non NIL bag game for aggy and holding them ransom. 

Bjorn and others never got a systematic NIL together that could compete , and kept themselves so removed from the pay for play they can't cover the existing team without it. 

They're going to continue getting cuckold on their way out, and then he gives them the keys

Nope. 

Your problem is you're trying to insist upon a reasonable explanation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They should just let Coley do it since he is the OC for the game anyway. Will they? Nah. 

I think they’re basing their decision on the fact that Coley doesn’t have a catchy nickname like E-Rob. Also it’s important to remember that every aggy, from Texags to the AD, has been so overly complimentary of E-Rob that they can’t cast him aside at this point.

14 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I think they’re basing their decision on the fact that Coley doesn’t have a catchy nickname like E-Rob. Also it’s important to remember that every aggy, from Texags to the AD, has been so overly complimentary of E-Rob that they can’t cast him aside at this point.

Stop. It's "The Cooler." He cools down opposing teams defenses. 

• Like 1